“Very Average. Sad.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“Very Average. Sad.”
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I came to this la quinta for the weekend because we needed to service my wifes car and thought we'd make a weekend of it. We brought our 2 dogs which was free of charge which was great. Everything else was just very average. The rooms had a moldy odor. The room in general was not very clean at all. I felt quite nasty being in it. Its unfortunate because I generally like la quinta hotels. Oh, also, there are always kids from out of town schools running around the hotel so, if you're looking for a quite stay, I wouldn't exactly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Room recently refurbished, but just lipstick on a pig... deteriorated faucets & bathroom mirror; marginal A/C. Poor attention to detail suggests lax management. Mildew around sink drain. Office-chair in our room was unsafe, wobbling dangerously at center post. Cramped bathroom, layout, with less than 7 feet from tub floor to ceiling. A "person of size" would have difficulty closing bathroom door. Carpet in public spaces needed a thorough vacuuming. No trash can liners (ick).

Although we arrived more than 2 hours after posted check-in time, our room was not ready. Free WiFi not working; promised call back from hotel’s tech support never came. Only pluses were friendly staff, and a good night's sleep in excellent bed, but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GPSguyAustin

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Was greeted by staff and treated with respect. Arrived at 19:00 hrs. and room was not cleaned yet.
While entering room the garbage cans were not bagged with garbage bags.
The room and bathroom was not supplied with accessories.
The bath towels were left at very minimal supply.
The toilet was plugged up. I finally got the toilet plunger 2 hours later after going downstairs to plead with the attendant. The plunger was turned inside out. While properly making it usable the inside of plunger was full of feces.
The elevators smelled like someone spill diesel fuel inside them.
The hotel was packed with an estimated 500 guest with only one attendant.
The breakfast was adequate.
The hotel was very nice as well as the staff.
The biggest problem overall was the hotel was understaffed.
Big cudos to the staff for handling the guest as they did.
Shame shame on the management.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Fairly clean, fairly cheap. A client booked me here on a Priceline bid. I probably wouldn't stay here again. There is a restaurant within walking distance, El Chico. Other than that you will need a car. My view looked over a closed green pool and then onto "project" looking apartments.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are good rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This La QUinta is VERY good for access to Texas Tech events. You are no more than 3 minutes away from the campus and the rates are very reasonable. The breakfast is filling and you can get a quick bite, if needed. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean, but the water pressure was pretty weak in the toilet. We stayed here becasue of the needed access to Texas Tech and a breakfast, so they did not disappoint in both. If my daughter gets accepted to Tech and I have to visit often, I will definiely continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The lobby smelled of cigarettes. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever visited. Our room was on the second floor and I'm not sure what we heard all night, but it sounded like either the hotel elevator or the service elevator (our room was right above the check-in and not far from the elevators). There was hair in the floor of out bathroom and the sink was slow to drain and toilet was slow to flush. The tub was nasty. I don't know what more to say other than this place is nasty!!! To be fair, we didn't complain about anything since we weren't ever there 24 hours so I can't comment on staff or service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Leonard, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have brought my company here twice a year for the last several years for business in the Medical District. We have watched this hotel go down hill every time we stay here. It is a real shame because the building is very nice and the location is great.

This trip we had 4 rooms of people. Room 1 & 2 after checking in we discovered there was no working A/C. The rooms were hot. There was also problems with the wifi at that end of the building furthest from the front desk. They let us try a few other rooms until we could find 2 rooms with a newer working A/C. The other 2 rooms had problems also. One had a toilet that didn't work and the other had a shower that would only go cold or scalding hot, nothing in between. The people I had in those rooms moved to a different hotel and didn't want to put up with it anymore. I heard other customers at the desk with similar complaints. The beds are old and hard. The plumbing fixtures are old and corroded. For what they are charging per night it just isn't worth it. On our next visit in November I have booked another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business