“Going downhill FAST”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center
Ranked #25 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed here many times due to a family member's medical condition. Every stay keeps getting worse so this is the last. Last time, the maids never changed my sheets, I know because I hid things between the sheets at the foot of the bed that never moved. Today upon check in, I walked into a room with trash in the trash can, a dirty laundry bag on the floor, and a filthy floor with leaf debris and about five of those little rubber bands that people wear on their braces on the floor. Pool still not open even though it is almost July, and the desk clerks are clueless. Corporate REALLY needs to investigate this management or franchisee.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jami G

Reviewed 24 June 2013

On returning home from a long road trip we stopped in Lubbock to spend the night. There were several activities going on so we had a hard time finding a room. Another hotel sent us to this one....there was a reason they had rooms available.
We were put in room 104 which happens to be next to the front desk and on the highway side also close to the elevators. It was not as noisy as you think and the squeeking of the mouse family living under the a/c drowned out much of the noise for us:(
The gentleman that checked us in checked us into the wrong room and I got a call about 12:30 at night asking who we were because we shouldnt be in there (he was very polite though....just scared the heck out of me).
I had put a do not disturb sign on the door as my children were sleeping and I went to get a paper ( I could see the room) someone took the sign off the door and the maid walked in on them scared the heck out of them.
There seems to be some kind of security problem at this hotel, extra think steel doors, extra peep holes, yet door still looks as if someone tried to break into the room...kind of scary.
As for clean, we the bathtub was filthy and the towels were still dirty. We slept on our own blankets on top of the covers. That add by hampton inn use to creep me out.....stay here because we change the sheets, now I know why they have that add.
When letting the front desk know about the mice (they already knew about the rest, he was neither surprised nor concerned). Also don't think about charging phones or Ipads, the outlets over heated my charge in 20 min.
Next time I will drive onto sweetwater if Lubbock is booked up.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I've been a loyal LaQuinta customer for years but I arrived in Lubbock due to a horrible accident to my son. We tolerated them for 10 days my room was cleaned 2 times completely 6 days they made only 1 of the 2 beds and folded wet towels and put them back on the shelf.2 days they didn't clean it at all. When I complained to the manager she was very unconcerned to say the least. This stay in Lubbock will be the last time I will stay at a LaQuinta because of the unsatisfactory results ot the incompetent management.

Room Tip: Don't stay at a La Quinta would be my advice!!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing experience! Very clean great room for the cost ! It was a pleasant experience that we will do again next year ! The service was friendly and knowledgable and the breakfast was a nice variety

• Stayed: May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Artesia, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 14 May 2013

we had 2 rooms reserved, upon arrival we were checked into a room that was not cleaned. they moved us to a room that was very smelly. it was like sleeping in an ashtray. we had requested non smoking rooms, the clerk said that all the rooms on that floor smelled, everyone complains about them. that is the worst LaQuinta we have ever stayed in, I redeemed points on one room and we paid for the other one. I don't consider that much of a reward. I really think someone need to go check it out especially room #505. Room 523 was not as bad. when we checked out the clerk told us that they really need to do something because all the 5th floor smells, everyone always complains.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

I came to this la quinta for the weekend because we needed to service my wifes car and thought we'd make a weekend of it. We brought our 2 dogs which was free of charge which was great. Everything else was just very average. The rooms had a moldy odor. The room in general was not very clean at all. I felt quite nasty being in it. Its unfortunate because I generally like la quinta hotels. Oh, also, there are always kids from out of town schools running around the hotel so, if you're looking for a quite stay, I wouldn't exactly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Room recently refurbished, but just lipstick on a pig... deteriorated faucets & bathroom mirror; marginal A/C. Poor attention to detail suggests lax management. Mildew around sink drain. Office-chair in our room was unsafe, wobbling dangerously at center post. Cramped bathroom, layout, with less than 7 feet from tub floor to ceiling. A "person of size" would have difficulty closing bathroom door. Carpet in public spaces needed a thorough vacuuming. No trash can liners (ick).

Although we arrived more than 2 hours after posted check-in time, our room was not ready. Free WiFi not working; promised call back from hotel’s tech support never came. Only pluses were friendly staff, and a good night's sleep in excellent bed, but wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple