“Good Location...Have stayed at better...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Artesia, New Mexico
“Good Location...Have stayed at better...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We booked the room through Priceline..so got pretty decent rate. We were in town to Tour Texas Tech. We had reservation for a non smoking room, but we were given a smoking room. So after a phone call to the front desk, and a trip down 3 floors we were given a non smoking room. Beds were ok. AC Worked great. Rooms were clean. One of the problems was the water temp, and pressure. No pressure when I showered at 6AM, and the hot water would turn all the way up, but the cold nozzle just barely turned at all. So had to do some experimenting with that to get a good mixture. Breakfast was very crowded, but well stocked, also only two waffle irons and a whole lobby full of hungry people. Never know how long 2.5 mins is til you are waiting on the person in front of you making a waffle.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hobbs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

They staff is very friendly and helpful. Interior of hotel is very open and clean. It is a great location for the medical center and has a good restaurant next to it. Easy to get to major shopping areas and the university.

Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this La Quinta because we had to for our son's baseball tournament: we had to use the hotel the tournament booked for us, which is the ONLY reason we stayed there. Upon arrival, was told no rooms were available (housekeeping hadn't cleared any). Nevermind that the lady right in front of me had just checked into a room. When I told the clerk I had been on the road since two in the morning she said she would go physically check the rooms since the housekeeping manager was not available. I told her I appreciated that, then she proceeded to jerk her keys and stomp away to check. When she came back, instead of calling to me to let me know she had a room (I was seated in the lobby just in front of the desk), she proceeded to check another lady in, giving her no problems at all.
Once we arrived in our room, we saw that a thick layer of dust was on the end table between the beds. The bathroom was so small you could barely turn around in it. There were brown stains on the door frame leading to the bathroom, urine stains on the wall near the toilet. The bathtub was dirty and the floor in the bathroom was absolutely revolting. A very thick layer of dirt and gunk on the top of the baseboards in the bathroom. The water in the shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold. No in between. Housekeeping would turn the A/C off whenever they "cleaned" the room and it would take several hours to cool the room back off...NOT cool when coming in from sweltering on the baseball fields to an oven in your room. We had to pay $95/night for the room. It was not worth $40!!! Will NEVER go back and will NOT recommend to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Boise, Idaho, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

After booking several rooms, I called to try and get them close together and near the pool. NOT once did they tell me the pool was not working. =( * And I found out at check out it had been down for months.
On the other hand the mattresses were fairly comfy, and the room fairly clean. Bathroom is a bit small.
Staff was friendly enough. One gal I think is there 24/7...I wondered if she ever went off duty.
Overall the hotel is family friendly. I would stay again, but only if the pool was functioning to give the kids something to do.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Excellent hotel value. Only problem, we booked on LQ's phone reservation line and specifically confirmed there was a pool. There was a pool, half full of nasty looking water. If your traveling with a pet, ask for the handicap room with separate outside entrance. Your animal will not have to go through the lobby.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Carlsbad, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have stayed here many times due to a family member's medical condition. Every stay keeps getting worse so this is the last. Last time, the maids never changed my sheets, I know because I hid things between the sheets at the foot of the bed that never moved. Today upon check in, I walked into a room with trash in the trash can, a dirty laundry bag on the floor, and a filthy floor with leaf debris and about five of those little rubber bands that people wear on their braces on the floor. Pool still not open even though it is almost July, and the desk clerks are clueless. Corporate REALLY needs to investigate this management or franchisee.

Room Tip: Choose one at another hotel
1 Thank Jami G
austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

On returning home from a long road trip we stopped in Lubbock to spend the night. There were several activities going on so we had a hard time finding a room. Another hotel sent us to this one....there was a reason they had rooms available.
We were put in room 104 which happens to be next to the front desk and on the highway side also close to the elevators. It was not as noisy as you think and the squeeking of the mouse family living under the a/c drowned out much of the noise for us:(
The gentleman that checked us in checked us into the wrong room and I got a call about 12:30 at night asking who we were because we shouldnt be in there (he was very polite though....just scared the heck out of me).
I had put a do not disturb sign on the door as my children were sleeping and I went to get a paper ( I could see the room) someone took the sign off the door and the maid walked in on them scared the heck out of them.
There seems to be some kind of security problem at this hotel, extra think steel doors, extra peep holes, yet door still looks as if someone tried to break into the room...kind of scary.
As for clean, we the bathtub was filthy and the towels were still dirty. We slept on our own blankets on top of the covers. That add by hampton inn use to creep me out.....stay here because we change the sheets, now I know why they have that add.
When letting the front desk know about the mice (they already knew about the rest, he was neither surprised nor concerned). Also don't think about charging phones or Ipads, the outlets over heated my charge in 20 min.
Next time I will drive onto sweetwater if Lubbock is booked up.