“a regular La Quinta guest”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I tend to stay at a lot of LQ properties, for many reasons. I've stayed at this LQ a few times in the past, as well as the LQ on the north loop. This LQ is great for the location. It's obvious it's an older hotel, but that's not usually an issue. I've always had wonderful service and a clean room. This time, though, it was not so clean. My room had a terrible odor - especially when the refridgerator was open. It was bad enough I actually bought some Lysol to spray. Then the second day after my room had been cleaned, I had no kleenex, no towels, no cups for coffee, no anything. The bed itself and the shower were clean enough, but I never felt the room as a whole was clean. I'm sure I will stay here again, but it will be a little while - until I feel that the housekeeping staff has been properly trained. The front desk staff was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amie C

A La Quinta traveler
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The first night stay was excellent we stayed on the 5th floor , the next stay we was put on the 1st floor checked in late finally went to sleep around 2 in the morning, only to be woke up at 6 am by a lound beeping sound it was the waffle maker we was in room 116 right there by the breakfast room, you would think they the hotel clerk would have even compassion for a family that has a loved one in the hospital knowing that they needed to try and get just a little rest, I did tell the front desk , and all I was told was sorry .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have stayed at this hotel consistently for years, primarily in the last 4 years during cancer treatments. It' is very convenient and quite frankly, when you are in town for chemo or surgery, you like just knowing where everything is. We have always been treated very nicely. The clerk on this visit was a lot of fun. They are always very accommodating to my needs.

It is a heartbreaking hotel because there is so much potential here. My two biggest concerns are 1. Consistently little water pressure or no hot water. 2. Cleanliness. The room gets a general cleaning....but the floors are generally un mopped and unvacuumed.

Having worked for corporate entities before, I understand some of the games involved in getting money for repairs. I just wish lq would step up and bring this up to standard or sell. I had surgery yesterday morning. My instructions were to take an antibacterial shower. Difficult to accomplish with zero hot water......and in a medical hotel....frustrating. I did get a $15.00 discount for the inconvenience....but an ice cold shower in these temperatures....not fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no plumbing issues.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Room had clean linen, but sink didn't drain and no one had vacuumed or wiped down from the dust storm they had had the week before. We didn't mind not having service during our stay, we were just shocked that the room hadn't been clean to start with....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Pros:
very spacious room
nice room
okay breakfast with very limited variety

Cons:
wifi was too poor that can barely use unless you go out of the room
problems with the shower

overall okay with this price but the wifi problem can be really annoying

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We arrived and were told the room we were getting at 5 pm didn't have water but it should be on shortly (a sign in the lobby said they were doing plumbing work till 3:30). We asked for a room with water as we had been traveling all day and fortunately got one. The shower in our room drained very slowly so we were standing in a couple inches of soapy water. The ceiling of the shower was covered with black mold.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Lubbock hotels
Staybridge Suites Lubbock
Comfort Suites University
Comfort Suites University
#24 of 69 in Lubbock
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock West Medical Center? Share your experiences!