“Good not great ”

Cuisines: Korean
Description: (806) 687-8835
Description: (806) 687-8835
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Ordered the beef Bibimbap and egg was over fried and it was ground beef as opposed to the Bulgogi meat most other Korean places use. Not a large variety of kimchi either - only 4 different kinds. Yakimandoo was delicious though. Owner was very friendly but once you order and pay no other type of interaction. I went out of my way to find this place and I'm a bit disappointed. I have had Korean food before and this is subpar compared to what I'm used to.

Perhaps I have high expectations.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Ate here while travelling around Texas on a road trip. We are from the Bay Area, and we eat Korean food at least 2-3 times a month. If this place was out by us, I can't say that we'd go to it frequently, but since it's the ONLY Korean restaurant in the entire Texas panhandle (as far as I can tell), it was decent enough. Good assortment of banchan (side dishes). I had jap chae and my husband had spicy barbeque pork. His food was tasty, but not spicy at all. The jap chae was good.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Shared an order of kalbi with my husband (got an extra bowl of rice) and shared some goon mandu with friends. Loved the kalbi and rice and really enjoyed the fried mandu. Service was fast and friendly, I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank NicoleHT
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was a little hesitant at first when my husband and I walked in because the place was empty at lunch time on a Saturday. But the guy taking our order was so friendly, best customer service we have had in west Texas in a while. And our favorite dish was on the menu, bulgogi, so we got two orders of it. When it rolled up to our table it smelled amazing and tasted even better! Definitely will be back on our next trip!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was looking for something different. There is a surprising amount of diverse cuisine in Lubbock if you look, and this place was a delightful experience. The food is prepared fresh with as much spice as you want. I had a spicy pork tenderloin that was wonderful. No need to settle for ordinary here!