“This is the place if you're looking for an authentic diner!”
Review of Red Zone Cafe

Red Zone Cafe
Ranked #32 of 611 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Description: Total Diner....Totally Great. If you are expecting a 5 star eatery...stay away...if you want great service, go with the flow, hang with the locals and enjoy a blue plate special....go forth and conquer. I had grilled chiken with the Veggie of the Day, mashed taters, plus a cup of Chicken Gumbo...all was wonderful. I like my mashed taters with a little more of the skins and lumpier but hey that is just me...this is straight up out of the scooper with the rounded top b.c they were done with the ice cream spoon hahaha. Service is friendly and everyone knows everyone. I did not see anyone smoking or ashtrays on the tables so that was a plus for me. Parking is a little tricky. They also have a drive thru. Prices you cannot beat! Easy location too. Support your local community...do not eat at the chain places.
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Based on reviews we decided to try the Red Zone on a stopover in Lubbock and we were not disappointed. The service was quick and friendly, the chicken fried steak was very good and the price was too good to believe! Definitely put this on your list of places to eat.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The Red Zone has been a favorite of mine for getting breakfast at lunch! Nothing like a couple of eggs coupled with hashbrowns, a thick ham steak and a side of wheat toast to satisfy my breakfast cravings. I also like the lunch and dinner items like catfish or roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy. The prices are reasonable and the food is good, home-style cooking. It gets busy at lunch, so if you hit at the rush time, it might take a little longer to get ou food, but it is usually worth the wait.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Took my employees there for breakfast before a busy day. Everyone liked what they ordered. We would definitely try it again. Lots of locals eat here.

2  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This cafe is humble for it to have such low prices, great food, quick service, and friendly workers! There is no reason for me to go to any other fast-food chain!

Food has always been fresh when I've ordered there and they even offer "plastic-ware" at the drive-thru, unlike any McD's or Taco Bells I've ever been to (where you ask for it and they still forget...then if you ask AGAIN they give you attitude/roll their eyes/maybe both?..simultaneously haha)

They serve breakfast ALL day and night, which is really convenient for me since I'm always in between classes/work!

I HIGHLY recommend going here!!! :)

1  Thank AuburnAmbyr
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The staff is friendly and welcomes you like a friend. The food is pretty good especially breakfast. The only thing so far I don't care for is the enchiladas. They taste like a TV dinner. When friends or family come through, we always take them to Red Zone.

1  Thank Becky B