“Extremely Rude Staff!”

Ranked #22 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Temple, Texas
“Extremely Rude Staff!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My family and I went to Lubbock for a funeral. The day of the funeral I asked for a 3pm checkout since the funeral wasn't until 4pm. With an empty hotel I figured this would not be a problem. The lady at the desk told me they would have to charge me another full days rate. I asked for the manager to review the request. I went down stairs and spoke to the manager who told me that he would have to charge me half a days rate. This shows me it was all about the amount they could get out of me. I asked if his hotel was full that night (I knew it wasn't because there were only 4 cars in the parking lot) and he told me that it didn't matter. I've worked in the hotel industry for 5 years and I am aware this is not how you handle late checkouts. When I called to complain I was told Choice Hotels stands behind their manager even if he was rude to me. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Whisper L
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I want to very sincerely apologize if you're under the impression we're only about the amount, Whisper. Top-notch customer service is of the utmost importance to us, and it seems as if that was called into question here. While I do understand your frustration, I hope you can understand that we have to stick with the policies put into place by our company. Unfortunately, our hands are somewhat tied in instances like these. Of course, that's no excuse for the way this was communicated to you, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for that. If you have any further comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly — we'd love the opportunity to clear up any issues.

Marvin Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lubbock
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Great! Very comfortable room and great walk - in shower. Everything was clean and worked. The staff was attentive and helpful. The only improvement would be a bit more "cush" on the bed. I'll be choosing Sleep Inn hotels again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I'm so happy to hear your most recent stay with us was a hit! Providing you with all the comforts of home when you stay with us is what we're all about, so I'm thrilled you felt well cared for. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Sleep Inn and it is all you need in a hotel. Good central location in LBK but not noisy at all. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast is a good hot breakfast with surprisingly delicious waffles. The bathrooms were spotless both stays which was nice and the soft water was quite a treat. Not a bad thing to say about this hotel. As far as we are concerned, it's the only place we will stay in LBK.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thanks for the good word here! "The only place we will stay in LBK" is quite a compliment, and we're so thrilled we've been able to top that list. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to the team — we've got a hard-working bunch here, so your compliments are much appreciated. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Came to Lubbock for TTUHSC-SON Graduate School Orientation for FNP and it was a 5 minute commute to campus. Absolutely amazing place! Staff was friendly. The room was so clean it was unbelievable. Very nice surprise. Everything was new in the room and the 42 inch flat screen was mounted to the wall. Breakfast was good. The gym had track lighting that I left off and overlooked the heated indoor pool. They had bathrooms with showers by the pool. Only downfall, the spa/hot tub smelled almost like fish, but it was still usable. Could just be the water, but a little chlorine wouldn't hurt. I honestly can t complain. This place was a 10 considering other places I have stayed in the area. I almost didn't want to recommend it so the price doesn't go up when people find out about it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
I can't thank you enough for reaching out here and on Google+, Alishia! It was absolutely our pleasure to host you while you were in Lubbock, and we're thrilled to know you felt right at home. I'll be sure to address your comments about the hot tub with my team — thank you for bringing that to my attention. We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

TravelQueen4964
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Check-in was a breeze and the front desk clerk seemed to enjoy his job. The rooms are very clean, as is the hotel. The biggest downfall would be the paper thin walls in between the rooms. Whether it's a tv or a low volume conversation next door...you can hear it all. Mattresses are a little to hard for me, but some people prefer that.

Stayed January 2014
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Friendly service is always what we're striving to provide, so it's wonderful to know you were impressed! I'm sorry if the walls didn't quite cushion the surrounding noise, though. Next time you stay with us, please feel free to give us a call if it's a bit too much to handle. We'll always see if there's something we can do to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you for this nice review and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for an overnight in Lubbock. It was the second visit to the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. Things that concerned us on our initial stay had been resolved. This is a new property maybe 2 years old. It was cleaner than our first stay. It's convenient to the loop. The beds are comfortable. We will keep it on our short list for Lubbock stays.

• Stayed October 2013
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
I'm so happy to hear your second stay with us was even better than the first! We work hard to provide a top-notch customer experience, so you can always count on us to use your feedback as food for thought on where we can improve. I appreciate you reaching out here and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lubbock!

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I come to Lubbock twice a month for work and I always stay at the Sleep Inn. The accomodations are very nice and new. The staff is very hospitable and accommodating. They don't hesitate to try to give me the room of my choice when I come. They already know me by my first name, which makes it very comforting when away from home. Vicky and Rahul at the front desk are especially friendly. The location is perfect since it is very close to the loop. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
What a lovely review, Monica! Thanks for taking the time to sing our praises here and for your continued support over the past few months. It has been our absolute pleasure to serve you, so it's wonderful to hear you've always felt right at home with us. You can be sure I'll pass your compliments along to Vicky and Rahul — we feel incredibly lucky to have them on our team, so your kind words are much appreciated. Thanks again and we'll see you the next time you make your way to Lubbock!