Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubfew minutes drivethe loopindoor pool and spawaffleseasy locationwalk in showertexas techking roomgranite countertopschoice hotelsspent one night hereroom was spacious and cleanfootball gamehot breakfastbiscuits and gravystay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We drove 10 hours to attend a funeral in Lubbock. I have had nothing but problems since I checked in. When I made the reservation I requested the bottom floor as my father is handicapped and is unable to walk stairs in an emergency. We were placed on the 3rd floor. When I asked if there were handicapped rooms on the bottom, I was told that handicapped rooms only had a bar. I asked what handicapped people do in an emergency and we were told to use the elevator. Interesting, as I have always been told to use the stairs in an emergency. Then I was required to put down a 100.00 deposit even though I paid in cash. I have never had to put down such a large deposit. We checked into the room and discovered the toilet did not flush. I called to request another room, but none were available. I then asked to have the toilet fixed while we were out and when we came back, it was not fixed. The front desk clerk came up to try and fix it but did not know what was wrong with it. We had to wait another hour for the manager to come and fix it. As we were returning from dinner, my father tripped over their curb in the parking lot and fell down. As a handicapped person, it was difficult for him to get up. While waiting for the toilet to be fixed, I had to call the front desk again to try and get on the internet to search for another hotel. When the manager finally arrived after an hour, I asked for a discount for the inconvenience of not having a toilet for 3 hours, but was quickly disregarded. This was definitely not the welcome I had expected after such a long drive. I usually don't leave reviews but I am so frustrated and I will definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably won't matter because you don't get what you request anyway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NMmom W
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I hope you'll accept my very sincere apologies for any inconveniences we might have caused you — especially during this tough time for your family. Your frustrations are not lost on us, and I can assure you we will do everything in our power to remedy the situation. Building maintenance can sometimes take longer than any of us would prefer, but it sounds like this wasn't communicated to you very well and I'll be sure to follow up with my team to make sure that's not the case from here on out. If you have any further comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly — I'd welcome the opportunity to clear up any issues here.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

OMG!!! This was the best hotel ever! The rooms where clean, the beds were so comfortable! I did not want to check out. I had initially booked 5 rooms at the Laquinta @ 5006 Auburn and it was terrible. We could never get checked in. I ended up having to leave there and the Sleep Inn accommodated us immediately. Talk about comfort!! The staff was amazing. I am just a simple middle class person; however the staff at Sleep Inn made me feel like a celebrity. They even accommodated me for an extra room at the last minute!! LOVE LOVE this hotel. I won't stay any where else when I am in Lubbock!! If you want comfort, cleanliness, and professionalism with a down home feel please take heed to my review and go to the Sleep Inn!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

"Comfort, cleanliness, and professionalism with a down home feel" is exactly what we're going for, so I couldn't be happier to hear that was your impression of us! It sounds like you were in quite a pickle with your other reservations and I'm thrilled we could step in and save the day — that's what we're here for! I so appreciate all your kind words here and will look forward to seeing you when you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Another visit to Lubbock, and we went back to Sleep Inn and Suites. Same great service - quick check-in - with everything as it should be, topped off by 10% discount through TripAdvisor. Breakfast, fitness room, and room were excellent. No complaints.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

So happy to hear that round two was just as great as the first, Taylor! We pride ourselves on offering up a truly exceptional experience on all levels, so I appreciate all your kind words. I'll be sure to let my team know what a great job they did! Thank you and we'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My family and I went to Lubbock for a funeral. The day of the funeral I asked for a 3pm checkout since the funeral wasn't until 4pm. With an empty hotel I figured this would not be a problem. The lady at the desk told me they would have to charge me another full days rate. I asked for the manager to review the request. I went down stairs and spoke to the manager who told me that he would have to charge me half a days rate. This shows me it was all about the amount they could get out of me. I asked if his hotel was full that night (I knew it wasn't because there were only 4 cars in the parking lot) and he told me that it didn't matter. I've worked in the hotel industry for 5 years and I am aware this is not how you handle late checkouts. When I called to complain I was told Choice Hotels stands behind their manager even if he was rude to me. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Whisper L
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

I want to very sincerely apologize if you're under the impression we're only about the amount, Whisper. Top-notch customer service is of the utmost importance to us, and it seems as if that was called into question here. While I do understand your frustration, I hope you can understand that we have to stick with the policies put into place by our company. Unfortunately, our hands are somewhat tied in instances like these. Of course, that's no excuse for the way this was communicated to you, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for that. If you have any further comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly — we'd love the opportunity to clear up any issues.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Great! Very comfortable room and great walk - in shower. Everything was clean and worked. The staff was attentive and helpful. The only improvement would be a bit more "cush" on the bed. I'll be choosing Sleep Inn hotels again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Marvin P, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I'm so happy to hear your most recent stay with us was a hit! Providing you with all the comforts of home when you stay with us is what we're all about, so I'm thrilled you felt well cared for. We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!