“Great service results in repeated stays”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Having to catch early flights out of the Lubbock,airprot, I began staying at the BW Windsor Inn in Lubbock, Texas. Over the past several years, the hotel has been upgraded with better mattresses on the beds, a great variety of breakfast items, better WiFi reception in the rooms, and other amenties. But most of all, the staff handles every professionally and courteously. One one occasion, I arrived during a snow storm. I was cold and tired from driving. I checked to see if there was any coffee. What was available was a bit stale; but, the desk clerk offered to make a a fresh pot. In a matter of a few minutes, I was enjoying a nice fresh cup of hot coffee and good conversation with the clerk on duty. It was a warm welcome on a cold night.

A hotel can have all the amenities in the world, but it's the staff that makes a stay pleasant. Best Western makes a point of making guests feel welcomed. That's why I also stay at Best Western when I am where one is located.

Room Tip: Ask for what you desire. The staff will do their best to provide it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This hotel has some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The rooms were very clean and the service staff was very courteous. The breakfast is always fresh and well kept. The hotel has a 5 star rating as far as I am concerned

Room Tip: The upper floor is quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to help my daughter move in for school and the staff was extremely friendly. We had a lot of luggage so the manager personally came out and helped us get our bags into our room. When we needed directions to get to the university, the front desk agent not only helped us get to the university and even looked up the exact directions to the dorm for us. The staff was also very knowledgable about the restaurants and places in Lubbock. The rooms were amazing and looked very elegant and clean. For the price I paid, I believe it was well worth it

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Very comfortable stay. Excellent customer service. Healthy varieties of complimentary breakfast. My family will proudly recommend it to all travelers. Very easy to find from interstate. kids love the pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Rooms were not what we were told they were when we booked. We were promised a pull out couch, and room did not have one when we got there. The rooms were so tiny I felt as if we were marines. If you leave the closet door open and someone else is in the rest room, that person gets locked in the restroom. The toilet would not stop running through out the entire stay. Also once we booked the room and printed out our confirmation, the print informed us the pool was closed for repairs, something else we also was assured of when booking, because we were bringing our little boy for his b-day. When my wife called back to check on this, the guy that she talked to "Dave" was very rude and Hung up on my wife. Rooms were not clean. Bed sheets were dirty, and did not get changed the entire stay, even when they came in and made up the rooms. We come to lubbock guit often, and I will never stay here again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Reviewed 16 August 2012

what else can you say when a hotel mails you a confirmation of your reservation on 2-jun. when you arrive on 16-aug, they say that they had to cancel your reservation because your credit card had expired on 30-jun (!). they never called or mailed you but were kind enough to make you a new reservation for the same rooms but for a 20% higher price.
we didn't accept, but took our luggage to the quality inn next door.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lukdc
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Who book their travel plans with family to other countries with expired credit card? Of course you booked in June for stay dates of August with credit card that was supposed to expire in July. Upon booking you prefered very deep discounted rate that requires seven day advance payment, but because of your invalid credit card, hotel could not get it. Hotel was still very generous for holding rooms upon arrival, asked for regular rate because you fail to pay in advance per the terms of the rate. Next door hotel still had rooms available for non reserved guests late night, why? Our hotel is most prefered hotel in the area and holds maximum value. Sorry foreign traveler, hope you learned a lesson.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel is nicely decorated and has very comfortable beds. The staff was efficient and friendly. I had reserved two rooms with a AARP discount. Our confirmation showed only room with the discount, but the manager quickly changed that. Breakfast was very good--loved their Texas shaped waffles! We highly recommend you stay here!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolene Q
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank You very much.