“Windsor Inn October 18, 2012” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucumcari, New Mexico
“Windsor Inn October 18, 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at this wonderful hotel Thursday October 18th. Called pretty late hoping to find a room, and Gloria helped me out. The room was very, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was superb and plentiful.

The value is superb, the service wonderful, and the I-27 access is easy. I've stayed with this group before, and certainly will again.

Room Tip: All I've stayed in were superb.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful experience here in Lubbock. Gloria is a great asset to our hotel. She always bring ' home like' atmosphere every morning. Thanks again and see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

On a return trip to Lubbock, I chose to stay again at the Best Western Plus Windsor Inn on the Interstate. Great room, comfy bed, good A/C, enjoyable hot breakfast, courteous staff, good price, working television, reliable wireless connectivity, speedy checkin and checkout, all around, a great value for the money.

You cannot ask for more!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay here, plain and simple. Though, if you request a room on the "fre...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for staying with us again and for your faith in us. We assure you that we will continue to satisfy all our guests at all levels. Thanks a lot again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Nice place to stay. When we were checking in there had been an traffic accident we had to go around to get to the motel. When I went in the the lobby there was a young lady (Gloria) crying and being comforted by motel guests. Gloria immediately came to the desk to check me in even though she was visibly upset. It was her husband that was in the accident and she was waiting for the manager to show up to relieve her. She regained her composure and checked me in. She was very professional under distress and my heart was breaking for her. I believe she lost her dog in the accident. The motel was clean and we would stay there again. It is pet friendly with a $10 fee for small animals. Well worth the $10! Say a prayer for Gloria and her husband.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
We appreciate your kind words and prayers. A key component of our industry-leading success has been, and continues to be, the relationships we have with our customers. As with any strong relationship, listening is vital to its success. What we hear from customers every day helps us continue to deliver the high quality experience and services you have come to expect. Gloria is one of the jewels in our I CARE team. Gloria and her family members are still trying to recover from loss of their dog but togather we will continue to comfort them. Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel for the Texas Tech vs OU game for the weekend and the ladies at the front desk were very kind. They helped us with our luggage because they saw we had tons of it. They were very informative on everything from the weather to the traffic on gameday. The young lady working in the morning even called me a cab early because I had mentioned to her what time we were planning on going and she said she knew the cabs would take a long time to come so she went ahead and already called it for us. I really appreciated her looking out for us like that. Their breakfast was wonderful in the morning with everything from waffles to sausage to eggs. The staff and management made us feel right at home and accommodated us our every need to the best of their abilities.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our hotel and staff. I am so glad that you decided to stay with us on your visit. we pride ourselves on our services and wonderful amenities to offer. Here at Best western we do love treating everyone like family. To us, guests are like family as they return time after time. Thank You again and hope to see you soon.
Athens, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

The staff at this hotel are the happiest and friendliest I have ever seen and I travel alot!!!

It must be a great place to work!!!!

Very clean, great breakfast, attractive rooms and easy access.

I'll never stay anywhere else in Lubbock.

Room Tip: I always go with a king non-smoking
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments. We all always try to do best to serve our valued guests. Positive feedback from our guests encourage us to do even better. Thank You again. We look forward to see you soon.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed with small pet. Room was on sale for $69 plus $10 for the dog. Had ground floor king non-smoking room. Very clean and tastefully decorated. Had a nice recliner which I sat in and wathced the Packers get screwed. TV was large and swiveled. Breakfast was typical and good except coffee was way too weak. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet despite it facing the highway. Staff was very helpful. I feel bad for the people who had poor experiences here (see other reviews) but mine was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ArmyLori
Thank you very much for taking time to write review for our hotel. Feedback from our guests makes us improve all the time. Myself and my staff appreciate your business very much. we hope to see you soon again for your future stay. Thank you again.
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

I'd give zero stars if I could. I checked in on September 16th after pre-paying, site unseen. The room was disgusting: dirt on the floor, stains on the sheets, the smell of cigarette smoke despite being a non-smoking room...horrible. I packed my car, went back to the desk to check out, returned the keys, and stayed somewhere else.

I made the mistake of actually believing the employee who said I was good to go without providing me with any kind of receipt upon checking out, and I (stupidly) did not ask for one. Well, apparently the woman who checked me out did not document doing so, because the hotel claims they have nothing documenting that I did in fact leave. They claim I just "never showed up for breakfast" and they "have no idea what happened." I invite them to review security footage, where they will see for themselves video evidence that I did check out, and they can also feel free to read the electronic key record, where they will see the door was accessed only one time.

Best Western is now refusing to return my calls and voicemails, saying the "manager is not available" every time I attempt to talk to someone for a refund. I emailed the corporate office, who said the manager "has already spoken to me and would not be giving me a refund." Well, THAT response was the first and ONLY one I have received in WEEKS. And why no refund? I'm being charged $537.72 for a trashy room that was so bad I couldn't even stay in it!!

Any other hotel (or business, for that matter) would be ashamed of themselves for not only providing sub-standard service, but also for treating their customers so poorly by not even apologizing or offering a refund, choosing instead to call me a liar.

STAY AWAY. These crooks will STEAL your money!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kimmykinz
Manager44499, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Travel agency of yours is the one who you are supposed to be blaming to who booked the VERY DEEP DISCOUNTED NON CANCELLABLE rates for your package. Per our records you never entered the room so in reality you have no idea how our rooms are. Sorry to say.