“Yeah, smoking rooms available”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

very clean, room did smell like stale smoke, I suggested some sort of incense to cover stale smoke...but hey....no other smoking hotels available at time of stay.a good free breakfast, very good location to restaurants and shopping. we had a king size bed, very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sam_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Smoking area is secluded on 2nd floor at far south corner. Due to the aggressive wintery weather, it became impossible to air out our smoking area, but rest of the hotel is non smoking. Please accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

great friendly staff, always clean, great location off of the interstate and good value for my travel dollars I always stay here when I'm in Lubbock a little distance from quality eating establishments but this is a great hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Rooms were clean - bed was comfy and we were quite pleased. Nice hot breakfast - friendly staff. Only complaint was cable kept cutting out but may have been cable company problem - internet was unsecured - we may have been doing something wrong - but other than that great place - would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

After you brought cable problem to our attention, we called the cable company and it's all taken care of. Thank you so much for the review.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

At first I thought it is just regular motel, by the time I checked out, my experience was much better, staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was restaurant style, comfortable bed, nice room, renovation of lobby was seems like about to be done. It was a good value per my opinion and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Sam_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My stay was fair. The Hotel was being remodeled and I was not told in advance of my stay of this issue. Overall the Hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. The room was nice but the bathroom is small and the closet door when opened prevented the bathroom door from being opened it trapped my wife inside until it came off the slide from her attempts to get out of the bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. Yes, we do have to squeeze in all modern amenities and luxuries in one room and sometime due to the structural limitations, the things happen like you describe but I would like to assure you that we do take note of all our guests' concerns to consideration and continue to improve as a result of which you witnessed the public area renovation. Public area renovation is 100% complete now, so now I can count on you that you will give us another opportunity to greet you in newly renovated lobby and serve hot breakfast in expanded breakfast area.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I stay at this hotel very often and I always watched them running almost full and it was about time to expand lobby & specially the breakfast area which always seems to be crowded. I was there last week and I see they almost finished the expansion of breakfast area, additional seating and huge lobby. I think management was thinking the same way I was.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I usually stay there real clean and never any surprises until now . I looked at my balance on my card and their was a charge for 90.00 when I paid in cash . I called spoke to the manager they said because I didn't show up the day I said. It's not like they're overbooked but whatever. Not happy at all with the owner I spoke to her too you just lost a customer

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Elias607

Please accept my apology for misunderstanding. You might have been charged 'NO SHOW' fees for failure to appear on confirm reservation. Please consider it this way, how do you feel if you have a confirm reservation and when you arrive, hotel says that we don't have a room? Hotel have to keep your room vacant untill checkout time of next day,hotel CAN NOT sell that room to anyone. This practice is legal and very common in hospitality industry regardless of brand, quality or location, even international. Again I apologize for any inconvenience and I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with better experience next time.