“Worst Check In / Check Out Experience Ever”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sugar Land, United States
“Worst Check In / Check Out Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

When reserving the room, I was told by BW I had to prepay which I did. When my wife and daughter arrived, they were made to pay again as BW didn't complete my prepayment transaction. It took way too much time to get someone to understand the problem and start to get it resolved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank John T
ICare_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
For our valued guests' safety and security, our hotel require (like all other lodging establishments in the world) physical presence of the charge card upon check in regardless the prepaid reservation or not and transaction was processed or not. 99.99% of the guests appreciate the hotel policy. The world we are living in is so transparent and our identity is so fragile that only victims of the identity theft would know how difficult it is to bring the life back on track. In some cases we do accept third party charge cards with proper documentation and proofs of identity. Hope this will explain your concern and personally you would not relate your experience with the check in or check out staff. Anyways, I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in future. God bless.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here during our USA roadtrip. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and beautifully decorated. We really enjoyed the breakfast especially the texas shaped waffles. The hotel was very accessible form the highway, but not very noisy. We would recommend this hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so very much. Hope your USA roadtrip was one of the lifetime memorable trips. Will see you again next year.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Lubbock isn't the most glamorous of Texan cities, but the great accommodations here at the BW made it a pleasant stay :) I especially liked the jet bathtub! The breakfast was also very good - biscuits, sausage, eggs - plus the usual waffles, fruit, cereal, pastries available. The wifi was great - I was able to watch Netflix with no service interruptions at all. I was also pleased with the good price for having a pet in the room! My Cocker Spaniel had a lovely night, and appreciated all the pets from the staff :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank You so much for your appreciation. Hope to welcome you in future.
Corpus Christi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice place. Just wish the maids would be a little quieter when cleaning. Woke us up with the noise they made. They were very nice when servicing our room though. Pool was nice as was the hot tub. Will stay again next time I go to Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sunday morning is the one we all in the staff call fun morning, our real work week is of three days, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, so everybody is in relax mood all Sunday. I really apologize for the noise maids made, I assure you it won't happen again and we took your comments very seriously and the concern was addressed at our weekly staff meeting. Thank you so much.
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

It's clean and everybody is nice. The breakfast was good and they kept it stocked pretty well. The lobby area looked like it's been remodeled but the rooms could use a lil upgrade too. I stay at best westerns all over the US and I think it's a lil over priced.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks. Understand your concern about 'overpriced' due to your stay during one of the premium weekends of Lubbock. Upgrades in the hotel is a continuous ongoing process which never stops so turn by turn one after another, thanks for noticing.
San Angelo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I truly enjoyed this stay. I had made reservations at the MCM Elegante ( I have never stayed there), but when I remembered Best Western, I immediately cancelled my reservation and called the 800 number to Best Western. Everything was clean, pretty, I love the Bed Comforter and head board of the bed. Everything, everything was great the whole hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel early this week for 2 nights. The room was smelling, kind of humidity or dog smell. Then yesterday I started getting itchy in my arms and shoulders and found out that I have bites all over the place. Another lack of cleanness was the jacuzzy water, it was so dirty. They did change it the day I was leaving.
I'm not staying there again.
On the other, staff was nice, not complain on that end.

Room Tip: If you dont want bugs in your bed do not stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 534Miguel
ICare_44499, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Our hotel is 100% bugs free, our local pest control service providers are very well qualified to deal with specifically West Texas problems. If your workplace is outdoor (that is very common in West Texas; Oil Fields and Farms), you are more likely to get skin irritation, itching, rashes etc. and get confused it with the hotel. If that would have been the case, the pages of reviews would be full of such complaints. I appreciate your kind words about staff. We do not fill water in Jacuzzi tubs in room so may be what you mentioned was a Hot Tub next to the pool, may be large group of people (it's always crowded in our pool area) must have used it right before your visit. On behalf of our entire I CARE team, I would like to apologize and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with better service. God Bless.