“Family time with The kids”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
NM
“Family time with The kids”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We enjoyed out time at the hotel. They were more than willing to give us a later checkout if we needed it. The pool was in great shape and working order. No problems that we encountered. We have stayed there before and will do so in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2009

My trip to the Windsor Inn went way better than planned. The hotel staff makes everything quick and convienent. I will be back to stay at this hotel anytime I come to Lubbock, best rate, best rooms, so I wont even be checking into getting a room at a different chain.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 July 2009

During our 3 day stay to complete Red Raider Orientation with my son, the hotel staff was very accomodating to our needs. I was traveling with my elderly mother just after she was released from the hospital, so I had to keep a close eye on her and, at the same time, give her privacy to sleep during the day. The manager allowed me to use a separate room to conduct business meetings, as well as held breakfast one day as my mother was a bit late getting out of the room. and gave us flexibility on our final checkout time. He also allowed us to use the front entrance sitting area to visit with my extended family during the day as needed. The q2 ueen beds were roomy and very comfortable as well, that was really important.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Stayed at this hotel one night on my way south and reserved to stay again on my way back. First night, it was ok. checked in- price was low but lights in my room weren't working, bathroom was not clean, took my kids to the pool and had to get them out because there was some kind of scum around the tile. On the way back I checked in and realized I wasn't given the daily rate, but a higher rate. after the management walked away from me when I questioned the rate, after she came and knocked on my door, after the manager called me on the phone.. I'd had enough and called best western to complain. the manager then called my room again and had me and my three children (one of which is autistic) removed from the hotel. we were already checked in and the kids were in their jammies as it was in the evening. I am married, but was traveling alone with my kids. It was a horrible experience. There were no other hotels with availibility so I had to drive 120 miles to the next town.. I did stay at the Best Western Amarillo Inn that night instead and it was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family. I am concerned after reading your review and would like to apologize for the staff at this location not exceeding your expectations.

It is my pleasure to inform you a new management team is in place and have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

As a Best Western guest: your safety and security is our number one priority. We have an open door policy; our door is always open and should be reached at any time our property or one of our staff members has failed to provide you a high level of safety and security or a clean and comfortable room. If someone is dissatisfied with their experience, for even the smallest thing, we work very hard to correct it immediately in order to turn their experience around. We encourage all of our guests to inform staff of any and all issues on site so it is possible to correct it immediately. If a member of management is unavailable: our front desk will leave a message for our General Manager to call you as soon as possible. I assure you the issues you experienced previously are not the case and will never be the case ever again.

Please give our property and new management a chance to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’. Sorry again for your experience with the previous management.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2009

The Super 8 just down the access road is excellent with better pricing.

I travel 16 nights a month and book all of my hotels online. we use Best Western a lot because it is consistent and our ownership is frugal. Having been the subject of identity theft in the past I watch as I hand my DL and Credit Card to ANYONE.

The front desk clerk walked into a back room (I was the only person in the lobby) after finding my reservation and I asked if I could have my ID and CC back. She said no then ran a photo copy of both. I told her I wasn't comfortable with that but she insisted. I asked for her name just so I would know who to report if ID theft occurred.

The next thing I know the GM is telling me I can leave if I don't trust them...I explained that I don't trust anyone with my information so I keep an eye on it. He then informed me they would cancel my reservation...so, I left. Weird dude!

This may be a very nice property but the people are scary.

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank deanturner
Dear deanturner,

Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Fantastic prices and clean rooms is how I'd describe my recent stay at the Best Western Windsor Inn. Easy on and off of the nearest Interstate and just an overall great stay. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Ok
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I stayed at many Best Westerns before but this one is noticeble. I will stay there again and would recommend to any one to feel it and appreciate them.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business