“Good room at reasonable rate in Lubbock”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We reserved 2 doubles and got 2 doubles. Both were clean and comfortable. The available breakfast was reasonable. The staff was very friendly. We had no problems during our 2-night stay. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Brandon B, Director of Guest Experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

It is my pleasure to inform you we have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

Please allow our property again to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed here for Tech Parent's Weekend October 2010 and was not expecting anything more than a clean, comfortable room even though I was being charged double the regular room rate with a two night minimum requirement since they clearly take advantage of the fact that it's Parent's Weekend.
The room was probably one of the worst I've ever stayed in, I've travelled quite a bit for business over the years and if I could have moved to another hotel I would have, however, there were no other rooms available in town. The furniture and flooring was dingy, the bedding was stained, the bathtub/shower (spa?) was in the bedroom instead of the bathroom and the bathroom itself was deteriorated. The room was just extremely tired and therefore didn't feel clean or comfortable. It was so not worth what I paid.
In addition, the internet connection was spotty at best. I probably spent more time logging and re-logging in than I actually spent with a working connection. The only good feature of the room was that the AC worked.
Also, when I left the room Saturday morning thankfully to be gone for the entire day, the housekeeper just outside my room asked if I wanted my room cleaned. When I answered yes, she looked annoyed. Needless to say, the customer service here is sorely lacking. However, I did not let this bad experience ruin my Parent's Weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank katieannk

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience.

For over 70 years, the Best Western brand has provided incredible customer care to millions of guests who are treated like family. I am concerned after reading your review and would like to apologize for the staff at this location not exceeding your expectations.

It is my pleasure to inform you a new management team is in place and have made great changes since your stay here at the Best Western PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn. Notable changes to mention is all rooms have been updated including; replacing every refrigerator, microwave and updating beds to provide the best sleep experience. Pet friendly rooms have been updated from carpet to wood flooring to provide a more allergy-free and cleaner experience. Our property owners are making greater investments more than ever into our location. We also have purchased new Best Western approved air conditioning units for guest rooms.

As a Best Western guest: your safety and security is our number one priority. We have an open door policy; our door is always open and should be reached at any time our property or one of our staff members has failed to provide you a high level of safety and security or a clean and comfortable room. If someone is dissatisfied with their experience, for even the smallest thing, we work very hard to correct it immediately in order to turn their experience around. We encourage all of our guests to inform staff of any and all issues on site so it is possible to correct it immediately. If a member of management is unavailable: our front desk will leave a message for our General Manager to call you as soon as possible. I assure you the issues you experienced previously are not the case and will never be the case ever again.

Please give our property and new management a chance to meet and exceed your desires on your next visit to Lubbock, TX! You're welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I will be more than happy to assist individually with a returning guest rate. I can be reached at 806.762.8400 or via email at `emailbestwestern@gmail.com’. Sorry again for your experience with the previous management.

Reviewed 23 October 2010

This was a clean, helpful, happy, and "great breakfast" place to stay for the one night we were there!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here one night while passing through, and found this hotel to be extremely clean, hotel staff very friendly. It would be hard to find a better hotel for the price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 September 2010

I choose this hotel based on the reviews that I read here. I was extremely disappointed from the first moment. I checked in with my elderly mother and my 9-month old baby and was given a room on the second floor. Normally this would not be a problem, but they neglected to tell me that the elevator was under construction and non-functional. I requested another room and they gave it to me. Then after carrying all my luggage to the door nearest my new room, I find that my room key doesn't work to get me into the hotel. Back to the front desk I go. Upon initial examination, the room appeared decent but it declined after that. When I returned to my room the next evening the stench from the smoking rooms was almost unbearable. They didn't have another room on the 1st floor, so we stuck it out. We spent a total of 5 nights there, had I been there for anything other than sleeping I would have changed hotels. Here is a list of the other issues we had: the bathtub was never cleaned while we were there, the dirty towels left on the bathroom floor were folded and put back for use, the pool & hot tub were closed for storage of the elevator construction equipment except one night we were there, the hot tub was lukewarm at best & the pool freezing, we had to go back to the front desk twice to have our key cards redone, the carpet was so dirty that my little girls pants were brown after crawling on the floor for only a few minutes, breakfast was below average with what we referred to as "rock buscuits". I am willing to accept a little imperfection but this was ridiculous. The only positive thing I have to say is that the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Manager44499, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Lubbock Windsor Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2010

Thanks for taking time to write a review because we take it as our mirror. I really would like to apologize for inconvenience and I will address every issue immediately. So far concerning the elevator, we have it now so it won't be a problem next time. I would have been more of a help if you would have contacted me during your stay but I will make sure each issues you addressed will be up to satisfaction for future guests. Please do not hesitate to call hotel and ask for GM and I will do my best to bring you back to our hotel next time when you come to Lubbock. Thanks and God Bless You and your family.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Everyone at Best Western was very helpful and pleasant to us! The Breakfast was great... The room that we stayed in was very comfortable. All the Staff was very accomodating, especially Housekeeping. Many thanks to Best Western Windsor in Lubbock, Texas!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2010

Stayed during Orientation 2010. Room was nice, clean and comfortable -- breakfast was fabulous. Have resevations for family weekend in Oct. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family