“A Sushi House You'd Normally Find in a Big City - in Lubbock, Texas? YES! Who Knew!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hayashi

Hayashi
Ranked #49 of 584 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Description: Hayashi si Lubbock's premier Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar. We offer a varity of different seating arrangements to accommidate each of our guest. From the entertainment of the Hibachi grill to the quite table for two. You are sure to find what you need at Hayashi.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you are heading to Lubbock and hankering for some sushi, I don't know where else you'd want to go but Hayashi! Freshest sushi I've had outside of a big city - ever?! The only reason why I didn't mark it as excellent is because I thought the rolls were small for the price charged - considering this is not a big metro getting big metro prices and I got the fried ice cream and that was a huge dissapointment (more on that later in the review). But, the quality is top notch for this area - fresh and tasty. Try the lobster tempura roll - fantastic...and do not go without trying their kani salad - amazingly good but the portion could have been bigger but still really yummy, just as the sushi could have been bigger but still delicious! But everything was fresh and delivered quickly and tasty, so I wasn't complaining but you will probably have to order more here than you may at other sushi joints. Also, try the Japanese Coke Float, this is really and truly a refreshing alcoholic drink that you will have never tried before and after you have it, you'l want to ask your bartender for it again and again! It's delicious and surprisingly low in price. Another thing I didn't like is no prices on the drink menu - they need to list that out. So, eat from the main menu that's where the bliss is, do not order from the dessert menu. The fried ice cream was definitely something they bought pre-made and it didn't have any taste and was tiny and under the fried part was an ice cream ball made with a melon baller - it was that small. Skip it and go for the good stuff. Looks like people were really enjoying the Hibachi show as well, maybe I will try this when I go back and tack on some sushi on the side! Because I know this is my go-to when I come back to Lubbock!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nygal5

Lubbock, Texas
“Love the Hayashi roll and the West Texas roll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I took the family there last night. We had sushi and hibachi. The hibachi fare was ok, but the sushi rolls were very good. The specialty rolls were very tasty. The service was very good and everyone was nice from the front door to the table. The place was hopping, but we got right in.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank discip1e
Lubbock, Texas
“One of the best Asian...anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I eat a lot of sushi in a lot of places, in major markets and smaller markets. Hayashi has it all...great menu, fresh choices, beautiful décor, professional wait staff, casual, relaxing, unhurried atmosphere, great bar and bar menu, hibachi options and much more. It's not just the best in Lubbock, it's one of the very best Asian restaurants anywhere. And I should know!

• Visited July 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“I have eaten Hibachi all over the US”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

And let me tell you, it doesn't get better than this place. Not only is their Hibachi phenomenal, their sushi is great too. They have a very extensive and FRESH sushi menu

Visited May 2013
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place comes with a cost, but the show is excellent and the food is even better. Larger parties get a private room; family sized groups can sit around the table to watch the chefs cook. The menu is very large and I have never had something I didn't love. One of the only places I feel like the cost is outweighed by the quality and quantity of food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Hayashi? Share your experiences!