“Dead dog in room”
Review of Motel 6 Lubbock

Motel 6 Lubbock
Ranked #59 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I arrived at this crap filled bag of a hotel at 8 pm. The staff ( office ) are ok. Pretty rude if you don't kill them with kindness. The hotel stunk. My room reminded me of a jail cell. The tv had to be from 1975. The shower did not drain at all so the room flodded. And on top of all of this I found a dead decaying animal in the makeshift closet. Do not stay here. I'm pretty sure the city of lubbock will let you stay in the sewer for 20 bucks less. Oh one other thing. Why did I pay 65.00 to stay in this crap bag and still have to pay extra for wireless?!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Dontmessqithme

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was Parents weekend for Texas Tech and we decided to go too late to get any other room in the city. First we couldn't find the hotel, mapquest sent us to a warehouse district, called the hotel several times before we got an answer and finally had someone who could tell us how to get to the hotel. We requested a no smoking room, they said it was but there were ashtrays in the room and the bedding smelled so bad that it gave me a sinus headache. (they had no other rooms to change us too). Walking in white socks to the bathroom and back my socks became dark with dirt. At 2 in the morning the neighbors came into room next door, drunk and loud. After 30 minutes I banged on the wall to alert them to the fact that they were disturbing our sleep with their yelling. They pounded the wall and got even louder so we called the desk, they sent someone up who we heard knock on their door and ask them to settle down, as soon as office staff was gone they got louder again, adding the TV on full blast and standing outside our door yelling . The office was called again and they never came back. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kariesue
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We arrived at check in time but the rooms weren't ready for another 1 1/2 hours. They gave us only one towel/wash cloth, so we had to go get more. The room did not have carpet, which is fine with me since I travel with dogs. The room was fairly clean. It is an older motel, and the rooms have recently been repainted, so the paint smell was still fairly strong. The beds were pretty hard. The biggest draw back was that every afternoon there was an overwhelming smell of sewage when you stepped out of your room and it didn't go away until late at night. I don't know if there is a cow lot near by or a sewage treatment plant but it would make your eyes water sometimes the smell was so strong.

Room Tip: There is a Red Roof Inn, Super 8 and LaQuinta close by. Had I known they were there, I would have m...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We needed a place close to Texas tech for my graduation and this was the only place we could find a room on short notice.... Now I know why! The room was tiny, we only had 1 towel for 2 people, and our non smoking room reeked of smoke!! I was very unhappy about this since we had our 5 month old baby with us. Upon check out we complained to the front desk about this and she said it was because the room next to ours was a smoking room.... Does it make any sense to have the smoking rooms mixed in with non smoking?? We will never stay at a motel 6 again!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank angierenee99
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I've stayed here twice in the past year & a half. Each time I have somehow managed to miss the right exit. :-) EXIT 1A (!) Coming off of Hwy 87/84 to I-20 (?)- it is important that you remember this and not turn the wrong way, otherwise you will have to get off the hwy and come back to it. That said-This can be a pretty busy place after dark with ppl. lined up trying to get a room. Make a reservation if you will be arriving after sunset. There is a security guard on duty at night who walks around the courtyard complex. The rooms are clean and what one would expect from a budget motel. No frills but completely suitable for the purpose of getting a good night's sleep and a shower.

Room Tip: Make a reservation if arriving after Sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharolyn L
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Went to Lubbock for a funeral. We arrive around 230am and next morning took a shower had towels in rooms for only one person. My husband went down to get more towels. The front desk person Lasuna told him only person could get the towels is the AARP person that checked in. My husband had the key to the room. The towels where dingy white towels. I had to go down to the front desk, with wet hair. There was another staff name SCOTT the maintance man that was there shaking his head. He was also rude. There was blood in the bathroom on the wall, The head housekeeping person came in. Was very nice and gave us more towels and cleaned the walls off. I would not stay here again. Just pay more money and stay down the street.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank BerriShortcakes
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Our office person was very sweet, cordial and helpful. We had a very late arrival and the guest specialist saw to it that our room was held. The room was cleani, but after reading previous reviews about the beds, couldn't help but be leary but there was no problem. We did have "stomping" folks above us but finally got used to it. Our room was cleaned between nights of our stay. I would suggest increased outdoor lighting for parking lot and sidewalks. Not a bad stay at all, just no whistle and bells which was fine for this trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family