“It's old, but they're trying!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Lubbock

Motel 6 Lubbock
Ranked #54 of 65 Hotels in Lubbock
Cypress
“It's old, but they're trying!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I waited too late to make a reservation for the night before Tech move-in day. I chose this hotel over one other in spite of its reviews. My total one-night bill was $63. That's the first plus. I knew, thanks to tripadvisor, that the floor would be squishy, everything might not be perfectly clean, there might be odors, etc. So........I expected the worst going in, and was surprised that it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed. Yes, squishy floor. Stained bedspreads. Rust marks on tub. Walls and doors so thin that Mr. Snore-Next-Door sounded like he was right next to me. But all I needed was a bed and a shower. Great price. Super friendly desk staff and custodial staff. If budget is an issue in the future, I would choose it again. (Maybe they can find some better way to clean those weird floors - they did turn our feet black. Bring flip-flops.)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Murchison, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Oh my goodness, what a dump. Being a trip advisor junkie I should have made the reservations for this trip instead of letting my son handle the travel details. Very weird motel, floors were some sort of squishy vinyl. There was no remote for the TV, no alarm clock and the towels looked like they had been purchased in the 1980's. Thin as paper and tiny too! Had the same problem as some of the other people with trying to find this place or getting someone who knew how to give directions. There was an odd smell in the room. This would be a last resort, blizzard coming and no other room available in Lubbock sort of motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JandZmom
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lubbock, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear JandZmom - Thanks for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the missing TV remote, odor and towel conditions you experienced. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Upon arrival room appeared clean, but it smelled as if the room had just been fumigated. Upon closer look, it appeared sink and bathtub had not been cleaned in some time. We would not use the shower. Floors are vinyl--not sure they had been cleaned recently. Extra charge for wireless. Our room adjoined another room--the door must have been hollow, because we could hear everything happening in the adjoining room. Office was locked around 8 or 9 pm. On our way back through Lubbock we stayed at the Super 8 across the street and had a much better experience.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, do not take room which adjoins another
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I arrived at this crap filled bag of a hotel at 8 pm. The staff ( office ) are ok. Pretty rude if you don't kill them with kindness. The hotel stunk. My room reminded me of a jail cell. The tv had to be from 1975. The shower did not drain at all so the room flodded. And on top of all of this I found a dead decaying animal in the makeshift closet. Do not stay here. I'm pretty sure the city of lubbock will let you stay in the sewer for 20 bucks less. Oh one other thing. Why did I pay 65.00 to stay in this crap bag and still have to pay extra for wireless?!!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Dontmessqithme
austin
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This was Parents weekend for Texas Tech and we decided to go too late to get any other room in the city. First we couldn't find the hotel, mapquest sent us to a warehouse district, called the hotel several times before we got an answer and finally had someone who could tell us how to get to the hotel. We requested a no smoking room, they said it was but there were ashtrays in the room and the bedding smelled so bad that it gave me a sinus headache. (they had no other rooms to change us too). Walking in white socks to the bathroom and back my socks became dark with dirt. At 2 in the morning the neighbors came into room next door, drunk and loud. After 30 minutes I banged on the wall to alert them to the fact that they were disturbing our sleep with their yelling. They pounded the wall and got even louder so we called the desk, they sent someone up who we heard knock on their door and ask them to settle down, as soon as office staff was gone they got louder again, adding the TV on full blast and standing outside our door yelling . The office was called again and they never came back. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kariesue
OK
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We arrived at check in time but the rooms weren't ready for another 1 1/2 hours. They gave us only one towel/wash cloth, so we had to go get more. The room did not have carpet, which is fine with me since I travel with dogs. The room was fairly clean. It is an older motel, and the rooms have recently been repainted, so the paint smell was still fairly strong. The beds were pretty hard. The biggest draw back was that every afternoon there was an overwhelming smell of sewage when you stepped out of your room and it didn't go away until late at night. I don't know if there is a cow lot near by or a sewage treatment plant but it would make your eyes water sometimes the smell was so strong.

Room Tip: There is a Red Roof Inn, Super 8 and LaQuinta close by. Had I known they were there, I would have m...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We needed a place close to Texas tech for my graduation and this was the only place we could find a room on short notice.... Now I know why! The room was tiny, we only had 1 towel for 2 people, and our non smoking room reeked of smoke!! I was very unhappy about this since we had our 5 month old baby with us. Upon check out we complained to the front desk about this and she said it was because the room next to ours was a smoking room.... Does it make any sense to have the smoking rooms mixed in with non smoking?? We will never stay at a motel 6 again!

• Stayed May 2012