“Excellent Value”

Howard Johnson Lubbock TX
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I don't have a lot of time, but I would like to say that I was very pleasantly surprised at both the quality, and the price of this hotel. The manager at the front desk was very professional, and even the smallest of problems he went out of his way to make sure I was happy (some hotels have made me pay for extra soap!). Thanks again to both Mike and Jonathan.

Room Tip: I stayed on the east side of the hotel (the freeway side) which I was not happy about at first, but...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rawanda J
TARIQ F, Owner at Howard Johnson Lubbock TX, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
I am happy to heard you like our Hotel and services
I am glad to hear Mike and Jonathan made you fell like home away from home.
We try our best to exceed our all guest expectation, and strive for excellence.
I thank you for giving us 5 star perfect rating, review like this encourage our staff to do even more
to exceed our guest expectation. I thank you again for your stay with us and giving us 45 star rating and looking forward to have you as our guest very soon.
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean enough, has an ok WIFI and an kind of acceptable breakfast (for about an hour and early). The front desk attendant is really not friendly, and will rudely give you all information about things that are forbidden in the hotel, the check out time, and the "short period of time breakfast". They gave us a single king bed, but our reservation was for two queen beds. In the end, since the hotel was fully booked, they gave us the worst bed I've ever slept on (a "pop up" bed), and ragged sheets.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Alexandre M
First of all, I thank you for taking time to review our Hotel.
Secondly, I am sorry the way our front desk explained to you our Hotel policy. I think he is very kind heart nice guy, but he has very heavy accent, and sound like he is being rude, but he is very nice when you get to know him. I did talk with him and told him he need to be more polite when he speak with the guest. He is improving, and will getting better and better every day.
I thank you for your stay with us and looking forward to have you as our guest soon.
Tariq

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Nice clean big rooms. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. Grounds were very clean. Pool was great too. Will be staying there again on my next trip. For the price it was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I am very happy to heard you like our price, Hotel and services.
We are the only most economical cheapest new Hotel in Lubbock, TX.
Some time people forget when they review us about the our price for the room. our average rate is about $59.00 a night, you will not find any newer Hotel in Lubbock for that cheap price.
We can charge $169.00 a night, and can offer a lot more hot breakfast items etc.
I think that will not attract our guest. We try our best to exceed our guest expectation.
Thank you for giving us good review and looking forward to have you as our guest soon again.
our policy is to have more guest and cheap price. We are the cheapest most economical newer Hotel in Lubbock, TX.
Thank you for giving us good review, and looking forward to see you again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here one night while moving our Son into his house for school. The room was fine, the bed was very comfortable. Got a good rate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

First of all I like to thank you for your stay with us and then taking time to review our Hotel.
We are very happy to heard that, you like, our Hotel, Services, staff and amenities.
We try our best to exceed all our guest expectation. If we can do anything to make your next visit to Lubbock more enjoyable and comfortable, please let us know.
Thank you and looking forward to have you our guest soon again.
Thanks.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for only one night thankfully. Checked in after 8pm. Stood in line behind a family that needed to switch rooms because their room had a problem. We booked two rooms. Both rooms were clean and rooms were a good size, and there was microwave and a fridge. Other than that the beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were poor, which made it difficult to sleep. Clocks in both rooms were unplugged for some reason. Our phone didn't work which we didn't realize until a family member in the other room came down to tell us they had been trying to call us. The dresser in one room had drawers that were all tilted and wonky (looked broken or put together wrong). The bathroom fixtures were wobbly. The shower fixture in one room was so wobbly it felt like it was going to come right off the wall. The fixture didn't even completely cover the hole in the tile so I am sure water was getting in there. Met a gentleman in the elevator who was on his way down to the front desk to complain about not having any hot water. Guess we were lucky to have that. When my husband told me this hotel was only two years old I was shocked. I fear for the condition it will be in in two more years. Breakfast was lacking. No proteins at all. I selected a biscuit that I warmed in the microwave. It tasted stale and I threw it away. The front desk staff at night was neither friendly nor helpful. All in all it was just an uncomfortable stay. I would avoid staying at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sharron W
I thank you for your stay and taking time to review our Hotel.
I am sorry to heard that, you had poor experience with our staff and the property.
We have full time Maintenance person , I wish you would of inform front desk about your problem so we would of immediately fix it. We are fairly new Hotel, build in 2012, we opened as a Howard Johnson In, in September of 2012. We have new bedding and mattresses install in few months ago. We are 100 % non smoking and 100 % pets free property.
We try our best to exceed our guest expectations. We are looking forward to have you as our guest again. If we can do anything to make your trip more enjoyable please let us know, and also please let front desk know immediately if there is any problem with your room, so we can fix it right there and then or move you to another room. Thank and and will like to have you our guest soon.
Thanks.