“Diamond in the Rough”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TX
Ranked #13 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotels along the access road look pretty rough - all except the Country Inn and Suites. I felt it was a step above the other hotels in the area and the lobby and breakfast room definitely felt more elegant than the hotels nearby. Good pick - Alecia, the night desk clerk, was a sweetheart to a very tired traveler -- was sympathetic and provided me a great room near the desk and lobby (I was a woman traveling alone). I can't say enough about how much this hotel was appreciated!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were greeted by the sweetest young lady Friday afternoon. She is a big plus. This hotel is very overpriced for our stay. Our beds were made shabbily when we walked in, we had a room that had doors to adjoining rooms. We were not informed this would be the case. We could hear the people and their TV's from our room. We could here people in the halls talking, closing doors all evening. We could hear a lot of outside noise including the football game at Lowery Field. My son wanted to swim but unfortunately the water was very cloudy and dirty looking so we went back to our room. Really disappointed especially for the price.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Roshan B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm very sorry your stay didn't go so well this time, however I do rest assure that the walls are very well insulated. Our staff is knowledgeable in moving guests to other rooms if they do not find it accommodating. Yes, Lowery does get pretty loud when we have amazing football games coming into down. Next time your in town please give me a call and I can personally be responsible for your stay and I can assure you it will be alot more pleasant.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for a couple of weeks of work in Lubbock. It's not really near much, but its a small town so the distance didn't bother me, but wish it were closer to the college night life. Breakfast was ok, but didn't really change much and grew old really quickly. Eggs and meats were of dubious quality, so I stuck with the oatmeal, which ranged in taste daily. Room was fine, cleaned well, but nothing exciting. View of parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Roshan B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us for a couple weeks, we are actually in the stages of revamping our breakfast selection which we do every year to keep it up to date so next time your here it should be a lot better with more healthier options. Hope to see you again next time and thanks for staying!!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites this last weekend while in town for the Tech game. The hotel is off of I-27 and close to the loop. Check in was quick and easy. The suite was big with a king bed, couch, bar area and fridge. The room was clean, bed comfy, and bathroom was clean and stocked. The breakfast the next morning was great, waffle maker, cereal, eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels and juice. Parking was lit and hotel was quiet. Would stay here again for another quick trip to Lubbock!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Friendly check-in staff. Gave me a few waters and some cookies which I liked after a long drive. Room was nice, clean, bed comfortable. Fittings in the bathroom were a bit old, but they worked. Bathroom was clean.

Very quiet. I heard nothing all night.

Elevator takes a bit of work if you are using the luggage cart due to design. Luggage cart felt like the tires were flat or something, so maybe they should be replaced or checked out.

Morning breakfast was included, basic fare which is enough for me. Fruit, cereals, juice, toast.

I would stay here again when going through Lubbock.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Roshan B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

John, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, from fresh baked cookies to the daily fresh cut fruit in the mornings we try our best to earn your satisfaction. since you have been gone, the luggage carts all have been inspected and a wheel has been replaced, so next time your back it should be alot easier for you, if you have any questions feel free to give me a call. Thanks for staying Country Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our stay was a very good experience. Even before we got there I had to call for information and received the answers that were very helpful. The young lady (Katie) at the desk was so sweet and helpful with directions even gave us a printout on how to get there. I had car problems and Mike was way beyond helpful in helping me to get it going again.
The breakfast was wonderful with the many selections and the food was hot and we could serve ours on real plates, not paper plates. Over all our stay was a pleasant experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Teri3859
Roshan B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lubbock, TX, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Teri, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. I informed Katie and Mike about their amazing service and yes, they do remember you and hope you made it home safely. And yes breakfast is actually my favorite department because I get the privilege to taste things before we serve them to our guests, and I absolutely love the green initiative we have taken in using real serving ware and flatware. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

For the price, this hotel provides first class rooms, breakfast, and professional and attentive service. Provide you with magnifying option makeup mirror, and high end toiletries. Everything in the room was spotless and a great presentation. Don't pass this one up, you will be glad you stayed with Country Inn and Suites, Lubbock !

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Principal306

Thank you, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us, we try and offer the best amenities possible for the best guests. Thank you for your stay and hope to see you again soon.