Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lubbock
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Albuquerque, United States
“Stinky”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Room was very stinky, previous guests were obviously smoking. I reserved this room and had to send my wife and son, was not able to go myself for a 5 day event. I did not know how bad the odor was until they returned and the suitcase and clothes reeked of old smoke. Also I was not aware of that neighborhood, they had a gun flashed at them pulling into the hotel one evening. I had moved reservations from another hotel hoping this would be a better stay for them, should have left them at original.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank Chip W
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lubbock, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel to Lubbock weekly for business and have stayed at several of the hotels, but once I found this one it is like I found I found a 2nd home. Roshon, LaNise, and Mike are amazing employees. Extremely friendly and accommodating. They truly go above and beyond to ensure my stay is perfect. Friendly smiles and great attitudes by the whole staff. 5 star hotel in my book!!

• Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The service ,food, and customer service was great. According to the area a price the is a wonderful hotel and the staff was very friendly. I wanted to let everyone know I will be staying at this hotel when I'm in the area. I also appreciated that they had coffee mugs to drink out of!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Temple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights with elderly Mom & husband to attend family events near the campus. It's about three miles to Tech campus from this hotel area off I-27 OR from the other hotel "strip" on the loop. Coming in from Hwy 84 (Sweetwater/Post), this is a far quieter option and every bit as convenient (TX-84 becomes Ave Q...right after you cross I-27, turn right and approach hotel from rear side without ever getting in the interstate!)

First time at a Country Inn, and this is a very nice property! Some reviews call it "older", but I'd guess 5 yrs? Front desk guy (Roshan) was so jovial and welcoming!...teased right back with my husband who enjoys kidding around, and gave him "extra" fresh-daily cookies. Guests also get a nice little bag with bottled water, and Carlson Club members get several snack packages!

We had a 2-Q one-room suite, and it was very large for 3 people! I'm guessing main area is 12' x 24', plus bath & kitchen 'alcove.' Nice TV, great Wifi, firm & comfy beds, big bathroom (wish toilets were taller), and the kitchen had a full-size fridge, double sink, & microwave. No dishes and no stove, but plenty of coffee & hot tea options. A/C is a bit noisy, but can cool like nobody's business.

Breakfast was great...I'd say better-than-expected, even for a "full-fare buffet." 100% OJ & Apple, plus a peach juice cocktail, 3 coffee stations, cereals, fruit, pastries, waffles, plus TWO steam pans with very good eggs!...one day, biscuits/sausage/gravy/2-kinds scrambled eggs, the other day included 2-kinds omelets. Two friendly, smiling attendants are constantly replenishing.

Pool looked awesome (we did not try), and there's a gazebo in a grassy courtyard for relaxing.

You'll get peace & quiet in lieu of no walkable eatery...but try Orlando's on Ave Q & 24th. I would definitely stay here again...away from the traffic & noise of the loop. The staff makes a real difference here, as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When I checked in the hotel was clean, quiet, and inviting! Check In was quick, although I had to find where the elevators were, pool, breakfast room etc....In the morning I came to the desk and both of the girls were awesome!!! One was named Sandy and I forgot the other one's name but she was great too!!!! There were a couple of issues with the room maintenance wise, but the excellent housekeeping staff made up for that!! Check out was painless and Sandy was there again with Melissa this time and the GM THEY WERE ALL WONDERFUL!!!!! I will stay again if the opportunity comes up for me to go again!!!! I will recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful visit. I'm an early bird and LaNise, the night attendant made my morning a delight. She worked so hard to make me comfortable all while tending to her morning duties, setting up breakfast, passing out receipts for guests leaving etc. She gave me fresh coffee as soon as it was ready and told me some about Lubbock. She was a delight!! The hotel was clean and the room was great.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Gardengrowing
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This Country Inn is especially convenient if you're heading southbound on I-27 and continuing on to US84 towards Sweetwater and I-20. Not so much if you're heading north, though. Very helpful desk staff and the room is what you'd expect. Indoor pool, but kids running around with wet feet in the elevator area made it a little sloppy. Standard breakfast fare. The location is not really close to much in the way of dining, so we had to make our way back towards the university area for dinner. One personal issue: I'm a sports fan and had two events on a Saturday night that I wanted to check on, but neither channel (TNT or ESPNU) was available on the hotel cable system. Made do, in part, with watching online with the laptop. It is set back a ways from the interstate, so noise from the highway is not an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple