“Extremely disappointed.”
Review of CapRock Winery

CapRock Winery
Ranked #20 of 54 things to do in Lubbock
More attraction details
Owner description: The award-winning CapRock Winery is Located on the Texas High Plains, the state’s premier grape growing area. It is one of the largest wineries in Texas to be owned by a woman and one of the most beautiful and modern facilities in the area. CapRock Winery and tasting room are open for visits Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tours are conducted between 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily. Come and see our new vineyard in progress; planted Spring 2012. CapRock Winery embodies the traditional winemaking experience while honoring the bold spirit and flavors of Texas and is proud to produce critically acclaimed native Texan wines.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Bad business from the beginning. Visited the winery the end of October. Mom bought me 12 bottles of wine as Christmas gift to give me Gold status. The brochure was incorrectly worded not 12 bottle a year (as the girl continued saying) but 4 shipment of 12 bottles 4 times a year. I pointed it out and they apologized new ownership and it was changed the next day. I enjoy wine and travel to Lubbock often so decided to continue the membership so I gave my credit card so my Mom's wouldn't be charged for the remainder shipments. A week later I checked the website and it showed 6 bottles, not 12 ordered and wrong membership status. I emailed/called - no response. Called/emailed again first week in December to find out why my wine hasn't arrived. A week later Sue did call/emailed me back and my shipment was being processed. It was processed alright - to my credit card for the 12 bottles already paid for with incorrect wines and for almost double the amount and they didn't charge for shipping. It had to be shipped since we were flying and we agreed to let it go with the November shipments. I also had to bring it to their attention their pricing was wrong. It was refunded and my wine was promised to be packaged and shipped that day and didn't charge for the shipping. Thinking it was all resolved waited for the wine to arrive, it is now the end of December AND NO STILL NO WINE that was paid for in October. I have left several messages/emails and no response. I am guessing they got that wrong too and shipped it to my mom overseas, but cannot get someone to confirm how and where they shipped it too. Too many wineries around to be doing business with this one.

2  Thank Sandi G

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We visited on a Sunday afternoon with friends for a wine tasting and to choose something good to serve that night. We were impressed with Ben, our tasting host, and the facility. It is lovely. They were gearing up for a large event for some Tech students and had great indoor and outdoor spaces for the evening.

1  Thank Carol A
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We visited the Caprock winery and didn't really know what to expect. We were there about a month ago. The place is under new management and they have wonderful ideas to make it the best place to visit in Lubbock. It is truly a place to taste wine and relax and enjoy the company and the atmosphere. They are working hard to give back to the university and are contemplating some very innovative things to support the university. We had an excellent afternoon just chillin'. Great place for anyone to visit. Love the vineyard dog too.

2  Thank travelingirlnow
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Celebrated Texas Independence Day at the winery. There were special promotion of wines and food to celebrate the day. I understand the winery is under new management and is trying hard to make a good impression. A $5 tasting of 5 wines was a prelude for a patio party, complete with music and food.

1  Thank QueenBee0301
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Of all the wineries I've been to, this is by far one of the best in Texas!!! Everyone was friendly and the wine is great! Love how they have an area where you can relax and hang for a bit on nice leather seating by a fireplace!

3  Thank Sophie M