“Wanted to be positive”

Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
San Elizario, Texas, United States
“Wanted to be positive”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were in town for the Texas Tech graduation and were invited at the last minute to stay for dinner on Saturday and needed a place to stay.The man who was managing for the evening was very nice when we arrived. I really, really wanted to be positive about this motel. I went in ignoring what others had said about it. Unfortunately it was really bad :/ The bed was way clean, but it was also like sleeping on a board. The dresser had a drawer missing. The bathroom was ok but molded and run down. I chose not to take a shower the next morning. We were just driving home, but a shower would have been nice. We left roughly at 6:30 a.m. and on our way out, I saw a little roach crawling on the dresser. It was bad! Kinda funny, but not funny thing I saw last minute was right as we were driving off. I saw the person who was making the coffe inside the office scratch her butt while making the coffee! It was funny because when the person saw I saw her she got the deer in the headlights look. Overall it was a bad experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ECooper0713

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Plainview Tx
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked this motel ahead of time and while the people who work there cannot speak good English that was the first sign I should have RUN the other direction. We arrived and paid for two nights (mistake #2) Bed was HARD AS A ROCK!!! I suffer from back pain and still cannot walk properly. Bathroom was nasty, crumbs on edges of room, coffee pot had mold inside...Deadbolt was missing on door! We left the second morning and returned 8 hours later-with no cleaning service done! Had to carry my own trash, ask for clean towels-never got the room cleaned the second day!Stairway is rusty and needs attention, television remote worked when it wanted to. I would think someone would condemn this place. I think it is END OF THE ROAD! Homeless people coming up to beg for money in the parking lot. Very scary to get out of your room to your car.

Room Tip: RUN the other way---don't dare stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Tony J

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Ft Worth, tx
Reviewed 4 May 2010

This hotel sucked big time. First off I booked online. Because it was a huge Tech football weekend it was hard to find hotels for under $100 a night. I called the day before to double check to see if we had a reservation and all I got was "if you reserved it online then you have a room" by a clerk who didn't speak good English. So I figured ok we'll go and it will be ok. We got there and first off it was in a bad part of town, no parking and took forever to check in because the clerk was also the maid, etc. Anyway our room was in a dark corner with a grocery cart sitting out in front. When we got in the room there was a huge hole behind the tv near the floor. The room was musty. The sheets had hairs on them. Had a hard time telling if they had been washed. Stains on the wall that were somewhat suspicious. Looked like something you'd see in a movie for a drug deal or hourly rate type stuff or covered up crime scene. No vanity to get ready. Dark and drab rooms. We were there for my brothers wedding and if it hadn't been for lack of rooms elsewhere we would have left.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank stefmom
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Quik check in,great rate,nice location & very clean.At par with any premium hotel chain. Pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed October 2009
oklahoma
Reviewed 19 November 2007

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I travel at least twice a month on business. I went to lubbock to watch a football game. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I knew it was bad. But, I thought, give it a chance. The management spoke very little English, and starting yelling when we could not understand each other. Then we were supposed to have a double, but could only get a king (akward). The bathroom was dirty, small towels, no vanity. Not a good part of town also. The only thing good was the price $40 night. I would not stay here again if it was FREE!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rooms were disgusting
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank boomer07
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2005

This hotel is gross. We got in late and the staff was very grouchy. As soon as I pulled back the bedspread a very large roach scurried off, it is the grossest thing I have ever seen in a hotel There is no bathroom vanity and no where to put toiletries. We requested a non smoking room but received a smoking one. This place is dirty, there were countless hairs on the sheets and on the towels. Lubbock is a great place to visit, just stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2005