“Excellent Hotel and Excellent Staff”

TownePlace Suites Lubbock
Ranked #33 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Hotel and Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I seriously can say as a serious road traveler with my job that this hotel became one of my favorites to stay at. Everything was at my fingertips that I could possibly need and the staff...let me go on record and say that the staff was right up there with some of the best resorts I have stayed at around the world. From the supreme front desk staff who met or exceeded every need that I had to the management addressing every issue or concern I brought to them...these people care...and they show it.

I fell in love with the city as well as there are a MILLION things to do and everything is located next to this hotel. If you have issues with this hotel do yourself a favor and bring it to the attention of the hotel and it will be addressed immediately.

Movies? A movie theater is next door! Kids? Chuck E Cheese is down the parking lot. Electronics? Best Buy is in walking distance. Huge shopping mall is a few exits down and there are more restaurants than I knew what to do with.

The room had everything I needed. Excellent desk that they have in the suite. Shower was big and comfortable. PLENTY of room in a huge walk in closet. Beds were super comfortable. Maid service was spot on every day. Fridge, stove, kitchen...everything was perfect except I had no forks or spoons there but then again I didn't complain to anyone about it because I didn't need them most of the time. Glassware was plenty. Air Conditioning was perfect. Pool is great, the gym is awesome, they have a mini store up front. Parking was perfectly easy every single day. I spent 6 days there never once had to park on the side or in the back always up front.

Just a great experience and they are bound to stay on top of things because the management is on site 24/7/365.

STAY HERE WHILE IN LUBBOCK!

Room Tip: Bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We appreciate your genuine appreciation of our hotel. We take great care and pride in our TownePlace Suites and always hope that it shows. We make sure to treat every guest as a VIP and I'm glad you addressed any issues you may have had with management as that is the only way we can fix things. I hope that you stay with us again in the future, we'd love to see you come back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed one night at the TownePlace Suites on our way to Colorado, and it was a good hotel. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was newly renovated and clean. We had a room with a small kitchenette and a bed and bath. It was a bit small, but well laid out with all the amenities we needed for the night. The room was quiet and the bed very comfortable. A good place to stay when traveling to or through Lubbock.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Our entire staff would like to thank you for your awesome recommendation. We do our best to maintain a clean, comfortable hotel and always want our guest's to feel "at home." We appreciate your review and hope to see you back in Lubbock again soon!
Truckee, California
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

It's a chain. You get what you expect. Super cheap towels. Cheap but clean beds. Internet consistent but variable speeds. Streamed movies one night but not the next. MUCH BETTER VALUE at Hampton next door and includes breakfast an simple dinners. My room was like an efficiency apartment with two burner stove refrigerator. Functional but limited comfort.

• Stayed August 2013
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thanks for taking time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate hearing your feedback. The TownePlace Suitesby Marriott in Lubbock features fully equipped full kitchens for the extended stay traveler. Our rooms are 30% larger than industry standard. We have also recently been renovated. We strive to provide the best in customer service, room cleanliness and above all, 100% guest satisfaction. Once again, we appreciate your review and thanks for staying with us.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Were it not for the terrific staff at this property, it would have rated as average in my book. I was in town for eleven days, and, normally during an extended stay like this, I would find something to complain about. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, I encountered only friendly, accommodating, and professional staff; across the board from the front desk to housekeeping personnel. Whoever is running this place is doing a great job. The room itself was decently appointed and decorated, and, unlike other chain hotels I have had complaints about (Hyatt House in Dallas for example), the bathroom had a real porcelain tub and actual tile, not fiberglass mimics. The bed was not spectacular, but, hey, I slept fairly well. The only thing this place is missing the boat on is a hot breakfast (scrambled eggs and fixin's). It only does the Continental thing. I've always felt, if a hotel is only going to do Continental, they might as well not bother. All those empty carbs just make me artificially hungry later on. That said, for the price my employer was paying (a steeply discounted corporate rate), I have to give this place a Very Good rating.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the highway or near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
William,
I appreciate your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel as much as we do. We take pride in knowing our staff is fully trained and able to make sure all our guest needs are met. We always strive to go above and beyond and appreciate you taking the time to write a review about it! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Austin, TX
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just to be fair, I normally stay at the Courtyard or the Fairfield any time I'm in this area. Being a loyal Marriott customer, I chose to stay at the Townplace this time around.

I've stayed at these properties before and I've found they can go one way or the other. Either I'm pleasantly surprised, or everything is old and run down. Thankfully, this place has managed to stay relatively clean and nice.

The rooms are large, and if I was staying for more than a few days, I would have enjoyed having the kitchen. I'm sure that if you have a small family or pets, this could be a great place.
I had a room that was in the inner circle, so it was very quiet and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the small lap desk for the bed.

I don't remember the breakfast being anything special, so it's probably a good sign that it wasn't bad either.

Overall, if you're looking for a decent value and need to stay in Lubbock, you can't go wrong with Townplace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were just renovated last Spring so I was happy to hear you mentioning how clean & nice it was. Thanks for giving us a try and being a loyal Marriott guest. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate your referrals!
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2013

There we were, tired and ready to relax. The bed was awful. Lumpy, and hard at the same time. the sheets didn't fit the mattress and rolled up around us while we (tried to) sleep. This was a room for handicapped. the shower rod was coming loose from wall, the hand held shower head was attached at the top by a plastic bag that had been wrapped around it and tied to shower head. The fire/smoke alarm was hanging from ceiling. The a/c unit didn't work properly. We asked and moved to another room. The bed was the same,sheets were the same. the only way i got the a/c to work was to turn it down throughout the night which was easy because i wasn't sleeping anyway because of the bed. We will not stay here again. I'd rather drive 1 1/2 hours back home to sleep. Hampton Inn is the way to go folks!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thanks for your recent review. I will address your room issues with our management staff. I hope you give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you!
Hamilton, TX
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Staff very friendly. Location close to family and appears the building is maintained. No housekeeping on one night. Sheets full of holes and the mattress cover was not fitted and moved during night with lumps to sleep on. I have had better breakfast at some of economy motels. One morning nothing I wanted was out. No cold stuff, rolls, or bowls. Had to ask for everything.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Patricia T, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that it wasn't as comfortable as it should have been. I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Please call and ask to speak with the Sales Manager for a future reservation and I will do my best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.