“Nice hotel / clean rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge I-27

Econo Lodge I-27
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
california
“Nice hotel / clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We came to Lubbock for a wedding and 5 families stayed here instead of a more expensive place that was designated as the hotel for the wedding group. We all liked Quality Inn very much. It was clean and the people working here all very nice. The breakfast has a lot of choices and was pleasing to all. I was especially happy to go in and find a lot of towels in the bath. I hate having to ask for more. One of the people in our group had to call down, because late at night the people above him were making a racket, but it was taken care of no problem.

Room Tip: The king size suite was really nice and big.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
holbb, Manager at Econo Lodge I-27, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for staying at our hotel! Hope you were satisfied with you stay, if not please let us know what we need to work on and we will exceed your expectations in your next stay! Thanks Again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wildwood, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I checked in for one night (2/19). The room was very nice, almost new in appearance. Very friendly staff, comfy beds, and great tv. I never visited the pool or breakfast. I tried to stay here again 2 nights later, but they were sold out. About $72 plus tax with AAA.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lubbock, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at this motel on 11-8-13. The room was nice and clean. The lady working the front desk was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was okay.
I had stayed at this motel before for about $75-$90, but on this weekend it cost me $160. The reason that the motel had double the price was because Texas Tech had a home game on Saturday.This is nothing but BS. Sunday morning before I checked out, I checked the price for the same room. It was now $72 a night for the rest of the week. People are always ragging on the oil companies about the price of gas. I guess the motel industry using the same methods of raising the prices when it is to their benefit. They know they have us over a barrel because we need a place to stay. I asked several members of my family who live in Lubbock about this and they all told that this is the norm.
I was very disappointed know that the only reason I had to pay double is because the home college team had a game. Warning: Do not stay in Lubbock if Tech has a sporting event.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jay L
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We looked at multiple hotels in the Lubbock area and many were either too busy to take time to talk with us (big game that weekend) or they were just plain rude. Then, I walked into Quality Inn. The general manager was there and he was very helpful, kind and competetive. He told us as we left to continue our hotel search, 'come back and I'll make sure you're taken good care of.' He wasn't lying. My experience there was awesome. The rooms were nice and clean, the conference room was big enough for what we needed and the staff was friendly, genuinely concerened about our comfort and the service was fast and professional. I really liked the breakfast, which was eggs, meats, waffles, cereal, fruit and juice/coffee. I would highly recommend a stay there...see the manager, he'll take care of you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Justo G
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our small congregation stayed at this hotel for a week for a church function. We rented 3 rooms for the time of our trip. The hotel manager was nice enough to allow us the use of the meeting room for our church functions on a nightly bases. We had a great stay. One of the three rooms had an air conditioning issue. However, the guests were immediately moved to a new room when this was brought to the staffs attention. The indoor heated pool is cozy and comfortable. The breakfast was probably the best I've ever had at a hotel. It wasn't the typical cereal and sweet buns usually served at most hotels. It was hot eggs, meats, waffles, and more! I would highly recommend this hotel if you in the area looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I didn't expect much, and yet this place was still a HUGE disappointment. The bathroom fixtures were calcified and rusty. The shower mat looked like it had never been cleaned - ever. The second floor smelled like a sewer. There were scuff marks on the walls. There were holes in the walls on the staircase. The furniture was dusty and less than decent in appearance. I was afraid to even sleep on the bed. The towels looked like some if them may have been used for cleaning. For the price I paid for this room, had I known about the condition before hand I would have chosen to drive the extra 90 miles to New Mexico. Definitely more motel than hotel. Never again!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Always pleasant to stay there. Rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. I usually stay there when I travel for business and never have had a bad experience. The breakfast in the morning is your basic foods but they keep it stocked and available. Thank you Quality Inn for making my stay a good one.

• Stayed September 2013