Econo Lodge I-27
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$87
US$105
US$96
US$148
EmbassySuites.com
US$111
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
US$84
QualityInn
US$112
US$101
US$165
US$159
TripAdvisor
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
US$85
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had to book this room online at last minute because of a death in the family. The room was nice and clean. We did not get to enjoy the pool but the pool is indoor which is nice if you have little kids. They were having a BBQ in the front of the hotel when we showed up. Only complaint is the next day we had to run to the funeral home at 9 in the morning and when we got back at 10 they had already deactived our key cards locking us out of the room even though checkout was not until 11 and we told them we may be staying more than one night. Which is why we moved to another hotel. the other problem was our room was against the stairwell so whenever people walked up and down the stairs it moved our bed and was loud, but that was only during the day starting at 6 am at night hardly anyone was heading in or out after 10. A plus if you are a smoker is they have rooms on all the floors for smokers so you are not put on the top floor in a corner or in the basement.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The excellent service mentioned in other reviews and location were why we chose to stay here. The service certainly was mentionable, when we called and they reserved a room without a lot of info because we were driving, check in was efficient but with a smile, refilling of food right up to closing time at breakfast, helping look up our rewards number (twice), and very pleasant check out by the manager, Michael, himself.
The location couldn't be more convenient driving from Austin to Colorado, right off the interstate (although ignore the google maps round about way and just use the map to find 58th street and enter the back way). The price is very reasonable and was not inflated for a busy night.
The halls do smell like stale smoke, but probably unavoidable unless there are no smoking rooms (which would be ok with me!). The carpet had that sticky motel feel, but otherwise the room was very clean and did not smell bad like the hallway.
The manager (who was working the desk himself!) was very appreciative for our reports of a couple necessary small repairs needed for the room (nothing that was more than wear and tear stuff).
That is the tiniest cute little pool I've ever seen. Don't plan on swimming laps, but if your family wants to splash around it would be ok.
The down side of the convenience to the interstate is the road noise, although I was able to fall asleep ok.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, away from the lights and interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We came to Lubbock for a wedding and 5 families stayed here instead of a more expensive place that was designated as the hotel for the wedding group. We all liked Quality Inn very much. It was clean and the people working here all very nice. The breakfast has a lot of choices and was pleasing to all. I was especially happy to go in and find a lot of towels in the bath. I hate having to ask for more. One of the people in our group had to call down, because late at night the people above him were making a racket, but it was taken care of no problem.

Room Tip: The king size suite was really nice and big.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
holbb, Manager at Econo Lodge I-27, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel! Hope you were satisfied with you stay, if not please let us know what we need to work on and we will exceed your expectations in your next stay! Thanks Again!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I checked in for one night (2/19). The room was very nice, almost new in appearance. Very friendly staff, comfy beds, and great tv. I never visited the pool or breakfast. I tried to stay here again 2 nights later, but they were sold out. About $72 plus tax with AAA.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed at this motel on 11-8-13. The room was nice and clean. The lady working the front desk was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was okay.
I had stayed at this motel before for about $75-$90, but on this weekend it cost me $160. The reason that the motel had double the price was because Texas Tech had a home game on Saturday.This is nothing but BS. Sunday morning before I checked out, I checked the price for the same room. It was now $72 a night for the rest of the week. People are always ragging on the oil companies about the price of gas. I guess the motel industry using the same methods of raising the prices when it is to their benefit. They know they have us over a barrel because we need a place to stay. I asked several members of my family who live in Lubbock about this and they all told that this is the norm.
I was very disappointed know that the only reason I had to pay double is because the home college team had a game. Warning: Do not stay in Lubbock if Tech has a sporting event.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo