“Breakfast for champions”

Tech Cafe #2
Ranked #210 of 610 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I enjoy eating breakfast at the Tech Cafe. Doesn't get better than good food, friendly atmosphere, and a more than reasonable price. Friendly staff and fast service! Love the concept and this restaurant S. on University! Love it!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were in town from Seattle WA visiting family. After looking through some reviews, we decided this would be a good place to try. First, it's a cafe/diner style place to eat. Nothing fancy, but a nice atmosphere. The staff was friendly (but that seems to be the Texas way as we have yet to run into anybody who isn't friendly). The food was great! A solid meal with good portions. I had an omelette that was prepared very well...hash browns were perfect...browned and crunchy on the outside and tender inside...and toast. My wife had the chicken fried steak, which I sampled, and found it good too. We were both satisfied with the portions and the overall experience. The only draw back...and not that it is bad, but most everything needed a little salt...but that's a personal preference thing. If you're in Lubbock and want a nice basic breakfast, this is the place to go. Oh...and the prices were extremely reasonable...actually, surprisingly LOW. They only take cash. I've seen some reviews where the cash only thing seems to upset people. Really?! I would say...get a life and carry a little cash with you. These places are able to keep their prices low because they don't deal with credit card fees, bounced checks etc...

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Tech cafe has wonderful food when the right person prepares. A lot of time when u order to go the food don"t be as presentable then if you was to order in.I believe they need to better drive thru service at window and also they just placed a freezer in the way of the drive thru window and the parking lot is in horrible condition. If you cherish your tires I wouldn't recommend driving in their parking lot....

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have eaten there 4 times, and have not found anything that has not been good. The chili cheeseburger, hot roast beef sandwich, club sandwich, Mexican plate all were great. Still trying to find something I don't like but this may be impossible here. The prices are very cheap for the quantity of food given and the service is great.

1  Thank davidWataugaTx
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place has very friendly staff and the food is very affordable. This is where a lot of law enforcement go to eat locally, so it must be good.