“Pretty good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lubbock, Texas
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I had the artichoke florentine Benedict. Flavor was good. Was not crazy about the sauce. It was too runny and too much. The egg could be a little more done.

• Visited April 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Promising menu, glitches in service and food”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stopped here for breakfast and had mixed results.

Ordered crabcake benedict and a single pancake. Order took a long time, delivered some time after my daughter's frittata. When it came, it was just OK. The eggs were not poached enough - whites were runny, and both my and my daughters potatoes were undercooked. The well-meaning manager came over and said that sometimes the cooks just want to get the orders out quickly, which I explained could not have been the case with mine. He was nice, but did not do anything to remove the price of the sides from the bill.

Our server was very nice, but seemed like she had too many tables and was rushing everywhere.

On the plus side, prices are good, and the pancake was great - large and slightly crispy, how I like them. This place has lots of promise, but needs a quality review to get more consistent and better.

• Visited March 2014
“Service great, food fine, took too long...”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Echo was our waitress and she was nice, accommodating and attentive. The manager stopped by to check on us also. The food was good but it took way too long for our order in an almost empty restaurant. They addressed that problem, and I would try this restaurant again, especially for breakfast. Lots of choices.

• Visited January 2014
Texas
“Wish I could give it a good review”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been to the Egg and I in Lubbock on 3 different occasions. The first time was not long after they opened. The food and service were great. Thought it was a great addition to Lubbock.

The second time I went was about 3 months ago and the service was decent but the food was not good. The salad was supposed to have a salsa type dressing and was served completely dry. After requested the dressing I received the "dressing" which was just crushed tomatoes straight out the can. The salad tasted horrible, no flavor and the crushed tomatoes ruined what was already a bad salad. The sandwich was supposed to have bacon and avocado but had nothing on it. The waitress stated the cook was new and was not familiar with the menu.

I thought I would give them another chance this week. I went in at lunch and they were not very crowded. I ordered a soup and salad combination. I waited 30 minutes and the waitress came back to tell me that they were out of soup. I then ordered a sandwich. The waitress came out with my "soup" and salad combo. She stated they decided they did have enough soup for a serving. The vegetable beef soup consisted of about 10 kernels of corn and a watery broth, no other vegetables and no beef. The premium salad consisted of iceberg lettuce and 2 croutons, no tomatoes, carrots or any other veggies. Regretfully, I will not go back to the Egg and I. It has such great potential but has miserably.

• Visited January 2014
Lubbock, Texas
“Not so great...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We ate here on our way to the airport for a family vacation. It was breakfast time. It took a long time to get waitstaff and there were only 2 other tables seated. It then took a long time for the order to come out and the food was cold and it wasn't that great. It was expensive for breakfast!

Visited August 2013