“nice place”

Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South
Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there for over a week while family member was in the hospital. What a difference a nice place to stay can make during a stressful time. It is a very nice property, fairly new, very clean, wonderful staff, and quiet even though its close to the highway (which was convenient). great exercise equipment, nice pool and hot tub. Good breakfast and eating area. was very pleased over all. I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J R
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear JR,
We appreciate your response about your stay in Lubbock. We understand that a comfortable place to come back to is key, especially while here visiting the hospital. We hope to be your hotel of choice in Lubbock, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

At your service,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After having a bad experience at a previous hotel, our family came to the holiday inn and the staff was very attentive to our needs. They even went out of their way to show us a room to. Be sure it would meet our needs before we purchased a room for the night. The room was very clean, pillows were amazing, and the pool was very clean and our children enjoyed it! The breakfast was great!! Would recommend and will definitely stay again if we are in lubbock.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Villanuevabunch2
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Villanuevabunch2,
Thank you kindly for you response about our hotel. We want to provide this service to everyone that stays with us. We hope to see you again in the near future, and again thank you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We always stay at IGH hotels. This is one of the nicer hotels we have stayed at. The hotel seems to be pretty new. The decor is very modern and nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The room was very clean. Beds are comfy and have nice linens. All in all a great hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sarah M,
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We are proud to offer this level of service on a consistent basis. We hope to be your new home away from home in Lubbock. I hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-27 South.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

As I sit here typing this review, it is now 11:00 p.m. I fell asleep at 9:00 pm and have been awakened by the shower, toilet flushing, and sink turning on and off...all in the next room. Not to mention the doors slamming. I feel like I am in a college dorm. It's unfortunate because this started out as a pleasant stay, but I have to say that the cheap construction in the walls has left something to be desired. That something is called "sleep". Sorry, but this review is getting two stars from this guest. There is something traumatic about hearing a perfect stranger singing in the shower(badly, I might add).

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cheeseburgerdeluxe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Cheeseburgerdeluxe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your experience with us. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had a late flight into Lubbock for a business trip. I was tired from a long day of traveling. This hotel was was just what I needed.

The front desk man was super friendly, quick and made check in a breeze. Which is nice at 11pm on a Monday night.

My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Everything seemed brand new and modern.

I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jeff K,
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service that is pain free to every guest. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at this facility in March on an extended business trip. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern the decorum was! Chris and Tim were very helpful and made me feel welcome!
Awesome!!

Room Tip: Overall a great place to stay! If you like it quite, try to get a room on the 3rd floor! If I'm...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dana C,
Thank you for letting us know how we performed during your stay with us in Lubbock. We hope to see you again in the near future, and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express - South as your home away from home.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Check in was fine but when I got to the room the door was ajar and the shower curtain was in the sink. I returned to the front desk and requested another room. I was informed the shower curtains had been washed and were drying. A hotel employee escorted me to another room and hung up the shower curtain that was in that sink. It was nice to know the shower curtains were washed. This appears to be a new property and had nice sized rooms. The room was clean, linens were of good quality, bed was comfortable, air conditioning was quiet and easy to adjust to desired temperature and there was additional power outlets on the lamp between the beds - a must for electronics and medical equipment. The complimentary breakfast was above average and the room where it was served had to two TV's so no matter where you sit you can see it. I used the business center and had an issue printing and when I asked for help the girl at the front desk responded quickly and printed the materials at the front desk. Two weeks earlier I stayed at the Comfort Suites across the street and in my opinion the Holiday Inn is well worth the additional cost. This is the fourth Lubbock hotel I have stayed in and is the first I would care to return to.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear TexasNoleFan,
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We take pride in offering a hotel that will meet any and all needs for our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-27.