“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
Midland, TX
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel. We were there for a sprint triathlon at Buffalo Springs Lake. We had two rooms; one for our grown son who was participating and one for my husband and me. It was a pretty good location for the activities at Buffalo Lakes. The Holiday Inn Park Plaza was the designated hotel for this event, but they were totally full, so we tried this one. It filled up completely, too. I'm glad we got in when we did.

The front desk staff were all nice. It was absolutely clean and fresh! It's not in a glamorous part of town, but we didn't feel unsafe. The parking lot is well lighted, and it's not far off the highway. It worked out fine.

They didn't start serving breakfast before we had to leave to get out there, so we didn't get to have breakfast. I don't know anything about the breakfast. Wish it had been earlier--for us.

The bathroom was spacious and spotless, and the room was just real nice. There was a sofa to sit on. The room also had a microwave and refrigerator, and a one-cup type coffee maker. The mattress was too hard for me, but I have arthritis, so I prefer a softer mattress. It would probably be to the liking of most people. My husband did not complain. I know in hotels, they usually have to buy pretty firm mattresses so they will hold up longer under the stress and strain.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here, again. It was a good place for us to be for this event. We'll try to get in this fall for some of the Tech ball games!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Lindaabc,
Thank you for your comments about the Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South. All of your concerns will be addressed with our staff. I would like to apologize for any issues that you did encounter. We take your comments very seriously and use them to improve the hotel. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, and if you do choose to stay with us again I would love if you would let me know and I will personally see that you have a pleasant experience. We appreciate you staying with us, and hope to see you in the near future!

Tyler L.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stopped overnight on our way back home. Lobby is very modern and clean. Rooms are big and comfortable. Very clean. Service was excellent. A bit expensive for one night. Very odd location and hard to get to when unfamiliar with the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Traci P
Dear Traci P,
Thank you so much for your response! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided the service that we strive to serve. Feedback is very helpful and I appreciate the time you took to fill out a review! Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you. I look forward to your next visit!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were driving to San Antonio for a family emergency. We booked two rooms, upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff....
Rooms were great nice decor, great shower head and the rooms were super clean.
The breakfast was well stocked and sufficient....
I would recommend this to any one.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank achobby
Dear ACHobby,

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there for over a week while family member was in the hospital. What a difference a nice place to stay can make during a stressful time. It is a very nice property, fairly new, very clean, wonderful staff, and quiet even though its close to the highway (which was convenient). great exercise equipment, nice pool and hot tub. Good breakfast and eating area. was very pleased over all. I would recommend staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank J R
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear JR,
We appreciate your response about your stay in Lubbock. We understand that a comfortable place to come back to is key, especially while here visiting the hospital. We hope to be your hotel of choice in Lubbock, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

At your service,
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After having a bad experience at a previous hotel, our family came to the holiday inn and the staff was very attentive to our needs. They even went out of their way to show us a room to. Be sure it would meet our needs before we purchased a room for the night. The room was very clean, pillows were amazing, and the pool was very clean and our children enjoyed it! The breakfast was great!! Would recommend and will definitely stay again if we are in lubbock.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Villanuevabunch2
Tyler L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Villanuevabunch2,
Thank you kindly for you response about our hotel. We want to provide this service to everyone that stays with us. We hope to see you again in the near future, and again thank you.

Regards,
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We always stay at IGH hotels. This is one of the nicer hotels we have stayed at. The hotel seems to be pretty new. The decor is very modern and nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The room was very clean. Beds are comfy and have nice linens. All in all a great hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sarah M,
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We are proud to offer this level of service on a consistent basis. We hope to be your new home away from home in Lubbock. I hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites I-27 South.

Regards,
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

As I sit here typing this review, it is now 11:00 p.m. I fell asleep at 9:00 pm and have been awakened by the shower, toilet flushing, and sink turning on and off...all in the next room. Not to mention the doors slamming. I feel like I am in a college dorm. It's unfortunate because this started out as a pleasant stay, but I have to say that the cheap construction in the walls has left something to be desired. That something is called "sleep". Sorry, but this review is getting two stars from this guest. There is something traumatic about hearing a perfect stranger singing in the shower(badly, I might add).

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Cheeseburgerdeluxe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lubbock South, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Cheeseburgerdeluxe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your experience with us. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D