“Salty and slow”
Review of Mama Fu's

Mama Fu's
Ranked #413 of 588 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Asian cuisine made from the freshest and finest ingredients. Dine-in, takeout, delivery, catering, and online ordering available!
Lubbock, Texas
“Salty and slow”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Decided to try Mama Fu's recently. Thought it would be similar to Pei Wei, but instead there were wait staff and table service. The restaurant seemed clean and staff was friendly with an interesting menu. However, food took a long time to arrive after our order was placed, which was weird because it really wasn't busy. Our waitress forgot one of the items we ordered, but that worked out because the food was mediocre and salty. Had a Thai basil noodle, which was swimming in salty, bitter sauce that didn't taste fresh. Unfortunately, this was confirmed by my GI tract later than night.
I suspect the kitchen had issues that night, but next time will stick with Pei Wei.

• Visited September 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Loved it! We were some of their first customers”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We just brought our son to Texas Tech and the three of us were looking for a place to eat. We were greeted at the door by a nice young man who explained the premise and the menu, and we proceeded to order our food. The restaurant was packed, and still very clean. Plates were cleared quickly and there were no long wait lines at the cash registers. Our food arrived quickly and the manager visited each table to see if everything was ok. We ended up ordering three or four appetizers (pot stickers, lettuce wraps and soup) which were all delicious, and two entrees which we split. My noodles were very soft, so i didn't enjoy them as much - a little too mushy for my taste, but my husband and son enjoyed their meals. We will certainly be back at our next visit to Lubbock.

Visited August 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Good food, but pricey”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I visited this new Mama Fu's today. I had never eaten at one before and had heard mixed reviews from friends and family who had eaten at one. I found the food to be VERY similar to Pei Wei and the prices were similar; as well. I had the Pick 3 lunch with Hot & Sour soup, Sweet & Sour shrimp, and a drink. My order came to over $11. I find this to be slightly expensive for a quick lunch; especially in this market. The food was very fresh and well prepared, but the serving size was not as generous as other similar restaurants. The dining space was clean and comfortable. Staff is new so several mistakes were made on orders around my table, but mine came out as ordered. The ordering process is not set up to be very efficient. At one point, all order takers were tied up on phone orders; so a line developed. They will probably be able to work out some of these kinks with time. I am sure that I will return again to give them another chance since it is close to my place of employment and the food was tasty.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Mama Fu's? Share your experiences!