“Reflections of history”

Silent Wings Museum
Ranked #3 of 54 things to do in Lubbock
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum tells the story of gliders that were used during World War II.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I enjoyed everything about the museum. I recommend it to anyone children and adults. It tells a great story of men who came from all over the world to train in West Texas to fight in World War II. I was totally impressed, I didn't want to go at first but this is the kind of thing my wife loves, so I went as she kept coaxing me. I learned there were glider planes in the war and what the glider men in combat faced. I walked away with a greater respect for our men in combat today and in our past.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a spectacular museum that everyone should see. The story of the glider pilots and soldiers that flew in them is really inspiring. The museum actually has a lot of artifacts about WWII in general and not just about the gliders.

The half hour (or so) move was excellent. The main room in the back that housed an actual glider and a couple other plans was awesome, partly because of the huge windows that look out onto the Lubbock airport runways. It's a perfect setting. I would have paid four or five times what they charged for admission.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

In the old Lubbock airport terminal just north of the new terminal.
has great old planes, gliders, and exhibits of the gliders used
in WWII.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

An absolutely fabulous experience. First hand stories from the Glider Pilots of their experiences really makes this a unique experience.. which is expected given the museum was created BY the glider pilots.
$5 or less entry fee is a great deal for the exhibits and history lessons that are here.

And for those who don't know, these are not little one or two person gliders, but gliders that delivered things like bull-dozers, or jeeps to positions behind enemy lines!

1  Thank alancurtis2
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A must when visiting Lubbock, takes 2 to 3 hours
This museum is about the glider pilots in WWII and really tells a story. exhibits are great!