“A Whole Lot of Bang for the Buck”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed for one night and selected the Arbor Inn based on favorable Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that it was pet friendly. We were not disappointed. The rooms were spacious with a separate living room as well as a bedroom. The bathroom was also more spacious than one might think for value oriented lodging. The kitchen came in handy although the property does not provide any cookware or utensils in the room itself (you can obtain such from the front desk). A free breakfast is provided in a fairly good sized room off the lobby.

Overall, the Arbor Inn exceeded our expectations and we would definitely return if we need to overnight in Lubbock again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thanks for giving us a try! I'm thrilled that you found your room so well appointed, and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words. We'll be here next time you need to rest up in Lubbock.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I utilize hotels for a week at a time in Lubbock about four times per year. I always enjoy staying at the Arbor Inn & Suites because the price fits right in with my per diem, and the service is always friendly and very helpful. I appreciate the "added touches" in the guestrooms that make you feel as if you never left home such as the make-up mirror and benches and lighted closets. The hotel is close to everywhere I need to be. Overall, the hotel is very well managed and the staff is nicely trained to be accommodating to guests.

Room Tip: If you stay at Nationally branded hotels on a regular basis, the Arbor Inn & Suites will exceed...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Cindy,

It's our pleasure to help you make the most of your work trips. We really want you to feel at home, so I'm glad that you've always felt so comfortable with us. Thank you for the kind words. I know that everyone will be thrilled to hear them! We'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have traveled many miles and spent many nights in hotels but none compare to Arbor Inn & Suites!! This has been my home away from home at least once month for the last 3 years. Need I say more.....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Teresa,

It's a huge honor to hear such high praise from a traveler like you! We're proud to be your home-away-from-home. Thanks for the wonderful review. Of course, don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stay with us that much better.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My A/C went out in my house at 5pm on friday (103 degrees), Luckily, this place had one room left, I'm glad I took it! My 2 young daughters LOVED the room, and especially the pool, very nice design. It was like a mini vacation. Very nice room, clean, well appointed, and quiet. Breakfast the next morning was really good too, my middle daughter (age 6) got very teary eyed and sad when we had to leave, and has not stopped talking about the hotel since! HIGHLY reccomended! To this day, she still has the photo of the room from your website hanging beside her bed in her room! Everytime we pass by, she wants us all to look at "her" hotel..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Jeff,

It's too hot to wait around for the repair man! I'm so happy that we could offer you and your daughters a mini vacation, in a much more comfortable room. I'm thrilled to hear that your daughter was so impressed with us. We'd be happy to have you all back any time! Thanks for the lovely review.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

From the Management to housekeeping staff the Customer Service is outstanding, location is close to everything , easy access to freeway without the freeway noise. Rooms are spacious so you dont feel cramped. This is the only place i will stay when traveling to lubbock. Keep up the good work Arbor Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Anita,

Thanks so much! We're proud to be your home-away-from-home in Lubbock. Let us know if there's ever anything we can do to make your stay that much better. We'll see you soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I booked this hotel solely based on their beautiful pool. Imagine my disappointment when my friend and I got our bathing suits on and made our Sangria and made our way to the pool only to find it padlocked. We went to the front desk to inquire and were told, "I'm sorry, the pool doesn't open until tomorrow.". Excuse me?? When I told her how unhappy I was about this and that the only reason I was here was for the pool, she just repeated again, "I'm sorry, the pool isn't open until tomorrow.". The manager was within earshot and he didn't even come over and apologize. On the last morning of my stay I went to the pool at 9am, the time the sign states it will open, and found it locked with a gentleman leisurely cleaning it. I and several other guests sat there waiting until 9:30 for him to finish and let us in. He never once seemed to get into a hurry and he never apologized for the delay.

Other than the horrible experience pertaining to the pool, everything else was "okay". The rooms are nice enough, clean enough, beds are comfy enough, etc., but I would never come back here and I would never recommend it to anyone. I've had better service at Motel 6. Very, very disappointing Arbor Inn. :(

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

I'm sorry about this. As mentioned in our literature, the pool was not to be open until the Friday before Memorial Day. During this time we underwent the necessary maintenance to meet our health and safety standards. The pool was being chemically treated when you arrived, and as such we could not allow anyone in. The pool did open at the scheduled time on Friday at 9:00 AM. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I apologize if I offended you in any way. That was certainly not my intention.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is by far, the worst hotel at which I have stayed. The kitchens are not equipped with pots, pans, plates, glasses, cutlery, etc. What is the point of even having a kitchen? The rooms were dirty and I found articles of clothing left behind from former guests. The breakfast is very limited and one of the worst I have seen. There is a computer room, but there is no paper in the printer, so again, what is the point? This hotel tries to appear like it is giving you the basic amenities, but really it is an illusion. The worst part is the attitude of the hotel owner, as a few other people have commented on here that have had the unfortunate need to interact with him. He is very inflexible and refuses to try to accommodate his guests in any way. He goes so far as to actually be quite hostile in his interactions with the guests. I felt very unwelcome. I suppose as the owner, he thinks he doesn't have to answer to anyone. Unfortunately for him, he does answer to his guests, and if they have a bad experience due to his poor attitude, they will not return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed. While we do not provide dishes and cooking utensils in our rooms, they are available upon request. Did you alert the front desk? They are happy to bring you the necessary cutlery, plates, and kitchen accessories.

We take pride in our cleanliness, so the left-behind articles you found are completely out of the ordinary. I apologize. I'll share this with our cleaning staff to make sure that this never happens again.

We want all of our guests to feel comfortable and welcome, and I apologize that this was not your experience. We would never mean to offend you, and we're sorry if we did.

There is always room for improvement, and we will certainly do everything we can to correct these mistakes. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.