“Wonderful hotel suite with balcony, excellent beds with wonderful linens!”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“Wonderful hotel suite with balcony, excellent beds with wonderful linens!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The only hotel I use in Lubbock. Everything is well done there. Absolutely never any drama. They take care of business!!! The beds are very comfortable with fresh white linens. The bathroom is nice and big with a separate water closet. The staff is very friendly and often have guest get to gathers with free food. Just love this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thanks for making us your home-away-from-home here in Lubbock, and for sharing your kind words! We look forward to having you back again.

Rob Meyer, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our family of 21 stayed at the Arbor Inn & Suites for Tech graduation May 17-19, 2013. The rooms were spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and included a nice variety. Most impressive was the front desk staff. They were friendly, professional and very hospitable. They did everything to make sure our family was comfortable. I especially appreciate the professional business center as it had everything we needed to print work materials. I am a flight attendant and will recommend this hotel to my passengers!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kelly G
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Glad we could exceed your expectations, Kelly! It's so rewarding to receive your high praises, especially from someone with as much travel experience as you! We hope you had a relaxing stay and great celebration with your graduate. See you next time you're in Lubbock!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Arbor Inn Suites is a "HiddenTreasure" hotel in Lubbock. We stayed in room 202 and 204 during Texas Tech graduation and it was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The rooms were very spacious and clean with two tv's, beds were very comfortable and cozy. The bathrooms were very spacious and immaculate as well. The service were excellent and exceeded our expectations! It was our best stay ever in Lubbock....thank you for everything!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank nene1214
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thanks for staying with us! It's been our pleasure to help you feel at home here in Lubbock. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you next time you're in town!

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on 4-10-13. The hotel had both of our cards on file. When checking out, I personally told the owner not to charge my card and to charge my girlfriend's work card instead. He said that he would not charge my card. He had previously told my girlfriend the same thing. Turns out he did charge my card, and he charged my girlfriend's card for the same night.

I called and spoke to the owner to get the situation straightened out. The owner was unbelievably rude, insulting, and condescending. I explained that he had charged my card after telling me to my face that he wouldn't, and he responded that "I don't even know that I talked to you." He told me that it was "impossible" that he double charged us without making inquiry into the problem. He told me that I should sue him instead of offering the type of assistance that a normal business owner would typically give to his customers. He made several disparaging remarks to me and essentially called me a liar. He did claim to refund my card (it remains to be seen if that will happen), but then he proceeded to charge my girlfriend's card again. Betting that we'll have to get all of this sorted out with the card companies.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to support this jerk's business. The place is nice enough, that's true. But don't expect any service if anything gets complicated. Best to stay away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Hal N
RemrockLubbock_Texas, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
This forum is designed to RATE hotels not BERATE their staff and management; Since you have used this forum for personal attacks against me, please let me respond. Once again let me explain to you it is impossible to charge the same room twice. We DID charge your card on April 11, 2013. You signed for it at check out acknowledging the charge. On April 29, 2013 at approximately 10 AM your girlfriend's assistant called and explained that she wanted to put the charge onto her card. At that time we refunded your card and charged her card. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME HER CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED FOR THIS STAY. You then called at approximately 4 PM on the same day upset about the charge on your card. I tried in various ways to explain to you that we had already refunded your card and charged your girlfriend's card. I told you to expect to see the credit within 48 hours. You seemed adamant that we had charged both credit cards, yours and hers but this was not the case. I can prove all the claims in my above statement. That is why I thought the court room was the best place to proceed, and just so happens you're an attorney. But since you did not have any proof to support your claims you opted to slander my character and tried to hurt my business. According to the first amendment you have the right to your opinion. I was happy to see your girlfriend did not share your opinion of me since she stayed here just last week.

Rob Meyer
Lawton
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The room is large and very clean, towels are large enough so that you only need one, not like some places. The staff is very helpful and breakfast is ample. I have a little trouble getting to the Arbor Inn, but maybe I should put more trust in the GPS.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill R
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Bill,

It is incredibly rewarding to hear that you have always felt at home with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words. Let us know next time you're headed our way—we'll be happy to help with directions!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of service received from the staff and Rob (Owner).
The rooms are spacious with ceiling fans. There is a varity of food available during breakfast. I liked the 24/7 complimentary cold bottles of water. I enjoyed ending my day with Chocolate chip cookies, lemonade, and/or tea every evening.

The Arbor Inn & Suites is in a nice and safe location to jog/walk before and/or after work.

Room Tip: Request the 2nd or 3rd floor over-looking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J K
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
It's always nice to have a sweet treat in the afternoon! We're glad to hear that you've always felt at home with us. Thank you for sharing your kind words. We'll see you next time you're in Lubbock!

Carlsbad New Mexico
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We love to stay at Arbor Inn, it is like seeing extended family, we are ALWAYS greeted warmly by the whole staff and the owners too. The rooms are spacious, especially the suites (which we always pick). There is COLD water for guests and in the evening, fresh baked cookies, with tea/lemonade too. Location is easy for all the shopping that we need to do, and just a hop onto the loop if we need something at the other end of town.
We ARE members of the chain type hotels (Marriott, Hilton etc.) but when we are in Lubbock, we chose this family owned hotel. Good value too!

Room Tip: They have all kinds of rooms, we have had adjoining ones when the grandparents came....just call and...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
It's such a compliment to know that we've made you feel like family. It is always a pleasure to welcome you to Lubbock, and it was truly a joy to read your kind words. Thank you for your support over the years. We look forward to seeing you again!