“Worth the Price”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #15 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here with out of town with family during Tech's Graduation Weekend in May. We had a King Suite, Double Queen and King Bedroom. The King Suite was large enough for the entire family to get together without feeling cramped.Our family from out of state were pleasantly surprised at the size and quality of their room. Parking was not a problem the whole time there. The only downside was that the pool was not opened(it opens Memorial Day weekend-and they advertise it) and that the rates go up during special events(they are not as high as others and without a three day minimum). I highly recommend Arbor Inn for your next stay in Lubbock.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ghs72
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thanks for the high recommendations! We'd love to have you back next time you're in Lubbock.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Arbor Inn and Suites

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our second time staying at Arbor Inn. We had the king suite both times. I think it is a very good value for a suite though it had increased about $20.00 a night since our visit two years ago. I especially enjoy the balconies the king suites have. It is also a nice touch for women to have a make-up mirror and stool in the bathroom. Very nice rooms! We also found it very quiet for a hotel!

The only weakness in our opinion is the breakfast. Even for a continental breakfast, it is a little weak. It would help to have eggs or even some donuts or sweet rolls. Also need to kerp hot food hot-my husband tried the biscuits and gravy and they were stone cold. HOWEVER, the lackluster breakfast is made up for, in my opinion, by the homemade cookies, lemonade, tea and bottled water offered in the afternoon!

Overall, great stay. The pool area and the rooms are beautiful. We stayed on the fourth of July.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out on a balcony, choose a king suite and second or third floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaykay0955
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

It was great to have you back! Glad to see that you and your husband still loved our rooms, but we wish that our breakfast had left you with a better impression. Not to worry—we'll definitely keep your feedback in mind for the future! Until then, thanks for the kind words. Come back and see us next time you're in town!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Arbor Inn. I choose to come back based on a very favorable experience a year ago and the fact that the Arbor Inn is pet friendly.

My room was spacious and included a small kitchenette and refrigerator. Coffee service was supplied in the room; a definite plus. While one might consider the Arbor Inn a "budget type" hotel, I would classify it as "premium budget". Complimentary breakfast is served in the lobby area and the choice of foods is much more expansive than many similar styled properties.

The hotel is conveniently located off of the loop in Lubbock in a decent area and within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. My only complaint was that the audio quality on the TV was poor.

The pool area if quite attractive. Check in was very efficient and extraordinarily friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TripTex
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thanks for visiting us again! We couldn't be happier to hear how much you've enjoyed staying with us, and that you've had everything you needed here in Lubbock. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

The only hotel I use in Lubbock. Everything is well done there. Absolutely never any drama. They take care of business!!! The beds are very comfortable with fresh white linens. The bathroom is nice and big with a separate water closet. The staff is very friendly and often have guest get to gathers with free food. Just love this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thanks for making us your home-away-from-home here in Lubbock, and for sharing your kind words! We look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our family of 21 stayed at the Arbor Inn & Suites for Tech graduation May 17-19, 2013. The rooms were spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff was efficient and helpful. The breakfast was fresh and included a nice variety. Most impressive was the front desk staff. They were friendly, professional and very hospitable. They did everything to make sure our family was comfortable. I especially appreciate the professional business center as it had everything we needed to print work materials. I am a flight attendant and will recommend this hotel to my passengers!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly G
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Glad we could exceed your expectations, Kelly! It's so rewarding to receive your high praises, especially from someone with as much travel experience as you! We hope you had a relaxing stay and great celebration with your graduate. See you next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Arbor Inn Suites is a "HiddenTreasure" hotel in Lubbock. We stayed in room 202 and 204 during Texas Tech graduation and it was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The rooms were very spacious and clean with two tv's, beds were very comfortable and cozy. The bathrooms were very spacious and immaculate as well. The service were excellent and exceeded our expectations! It was our best stay ever in Lubbock....thank you for everything!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank nene1214

Thanks for staying with us! It's been our pleasure to help you feel at home here in Lubbock. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you next time you're in town!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here on 4-10-13. The hotel had both of our cards on file. When checking out, I personally told the owner not to charge my card and to charge my girlfriend's work card instead. He said that he would not charge my card. He had previously told my girlfriend the same thing. Turns out he did charge my card, and he charged my girlfriend's card for the same night.

I called and spoke to the owner to get the situation straightened out. The owner was unbelievably rude, insulting, and condescending. I explained that he had charged my card after telling me to my face that he wouldn't, and he responded that "I don't even know that I talked to you." He told me that it was "impossible" that he double charged us without making inquiry into the problem. He told me that I should sue him instead of offering the type of assistance that a normal business owner would typically give to his customers. He made several disparaging remarks to me and essentially called me a liar. He did claim to refund my card (it remains to be seen if that will happen), but then he proceeded to charge my girlfriend's card again. Betting that we'll have to get all of this sorted out with the card companies.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to support this jerk's business. The place is nice enough, that's true. But don't expect any service if anything gets complicated. Best to stay away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Hal N
RemrockLubbock_Texas, Owner at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

This forum is designed to RATE hotels not BERATE their staff and management; Since you have used this forum for personal attacks against me, please let me respond. Once again let me explain to you it is impossible to charge the same room twice. We DID charge your card on April 11, 2013. You signed for it at check out acknowledging the charge. On April 29, 2013 at approximately 10 AM your girlfriend's assistant called and explained that she wanted to put the charge onto her card. At that time we refunded your card and charged her card. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME HER CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED FOR THIS STAY. You then called at approximately 4 PM on the same day upset about the charge on your card. I tried in various ways to explain to you that we had already refunded your card and charged your girlfriend's card. I told you to expect to see the credit within 48 hours. You seemed adamant that we had charged both credit cards, yours and hers but this was not the case. I can prove all the claims in my above statement. That is why I thought the court room was the best place to proceed, and just so happens you're an attorney. But since you did not have any proof to support your claims you opted to slander my character and tried to hurt my business. According to the first amendment you have the right to your opinion. I was happy to see your girlfriend did not share your opinion of me since she stayed here just last week.

Rob Meyer