“Very impressive!!!”

Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Very impressive!!!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I with our two girls stayed in a king suite and we were very much impressed with our stay at Arbor Inn and Suites. It was extremely nice that the kids had their own room to sleep in and the full size kitchen puts this hotel above the top. Arbor Inn and suites is immaculate, has friendly staff, huge rooms, affordable, and has evidently been recently updated. In response to a previous review - nothing looked like it was from the 70's. Everything looked new and up to date. We didn't have a noise problem either - we never heard anyone else while we were in our "suite". Out of all of the hotels that we have stayed in, this one was the best by far.

Room Tip: The king suite is great for kids.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
"Immaculate" is always a word that we like to hear, Cindy! Thanks for staying with us, and for the fantastic review. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back next time you're in Lubbock!

Rob Meyer, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lake Jackson
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Tried to book a room on a Tech campus visit with my wife and daughter several months ago though no availability. Passing through Lubbock from Colorado back home on 10/5/13 and luckily found a room available for my dad and I. Everything about the hotel was as advertised - my daughter will be attending Texas Tech the Fall of 2014 as an incoming freshman and I'm gonna start booking the Arbor Inn and Suites for the next 4 years (probably more). Looking forward to another stay. Thank You!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
We're so glad you found us, Rick! Thanks for the kind words, and congrats to your daughter. We can't wait to welcome y'all back!

Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

For what appears to be a recently built hotel on the outdid the rooms smell and feel like they were built in the 70s. I asked to be moved to a different room because I could hear every word the people in the next room was saying (and they were not talking loud). The staff was very nice and accommodating to my request and my new room was quieter. Not a bad stay but I will try another hotel if I'm ever in Lubbock again.

• Stayed September 2013
Rob M, Rob Meyer, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thanks for reviewing us! I'm sorry to hear your stay got off on the wrong foot. Hearing your neighbors is understandably frustrating, and while it hasn't been a problem in the past, we will work with our maintenance staff to solve any issues we discover. I appreciate you comments on our staff. They do work hard to please our guests. If you have any further comments or concerns, don't hesitate to share them with me.

Best regards,

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel whenever I'm in Lubbock on business travels. It's a great hotel for the room rates. Over the past 8 years, I can see the improvements to the services provided. Also the hotel is kept very clean considering it's age.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple and enough to get going for the day. I love the afternoon snacks especially the cookies and iced tea.

The room is very clean and it definitely helps that the AC didn't smell. I had stayed once at another Lubbock hotel within the same price range and it wasn't as pleasant. The rooms at Arbor Inn are extremely spacious.

What was great was the 2 TVs provided in the rooms : 1 in front of the beds, 1 at the small desk. Is not usual but its a nice touch while working on my laptop.

Its a nice location where it's not in an extremely busy area of Lubbock but near enough to the shops. It's also not too noisy either, considering how near it is to the flyovers.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
It's so good to hear from you! Thank you very much for making us your home away from home here in Lubbock, and for sharing your wonderful words. We'll see you next time you're in town!

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband & I traveled to Lubbock for an overnight anniversary celebration. I booked the hotel after seeing pictures of the pool/spa/waterfall area. We were not disappointed. It was well maintained and prettier than the pictures. Spent a quiet evening poolside, then had breakfast on the patio. Room was very large, beds comfortable. Shower was not a modern high-pressured type-but not bad. Loved the complimentary newspapers, tea, lemonade, cupcakes and cooler full of iced water bottles. Only downside for my diabetic husband was breakfast-that particular morning there was nothing that wasn't high sugar or high carbs. There was a serving bowl that I guess was for fruit, but it was empty when we were there. Other than the breakfat, it was a great stay especially for the price.

Room Tip: We didn't pay extra for a suite, but they look nice. Most of them are located overlooking the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Although we're terribly sorry that we were unable to offer your husband a more suitable breakfast, we are thrilled to hear that you two had such a fantastic time with us. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your celebration! Thank you, LeAnn, and let us know what we can do to make your next visit even better!

Colorado Springs
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We recently stayed during a multiple day trip and the facility is top notch. The morning breakfast was enjoyable they had a nice balance of carbs and fruits. The rooms were extremely large and made having a family with us not feel cramped. The pool was a welcome break. The only issue I can come up with, is they have older model tube TV's and the volume either seemed to be too low or too high (okay I am reaching). Otherwise this place is well worth the cost and we will be back.

Room Tip: I preferred the first floor with my younger kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Yes, that pool is definitely a welcome break, especially during this August heat! So happy to hear that you and your family felt welcome and relaxed. Thanks for the fantastic review, and come back and see us next time you're in Lubbock!

Austin
Reviewed 31 July 2013

In July I stayed at the Arbor Inn on my way to and from a long, isolated, primitive camping trip to New Mexico. It was such a pleasure to have a clean, cool, comfortable room. I especially liked the bed, pillows, and bedding - reminded me of Europe, and was such a good sleep. The breakfast was varied and balanced and fresh. Even the TV was updated and the remote control clean (one of my germ pet peeves). Your staff was pleasant and your manager efficient and professional. The location was a bit hard to find originally but was worth the effort. I wish I'd had time to jump into that lovely pool.I will indeed stop by again when traveling from and to Austin. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Your kind words about our hotel and staff are much appreciated, Ramona! It sounds like you had a rough & tough few days beforehand, so I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with some much needed comfort. We'll look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town or on your way through!