“Amazing Service!!”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #12 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in early April while visiting Lubbock Christian University. Nice hotel, very clean and spacious room. Decent fitness facility, pool wasn't open yet but wish it was..it looked like a great place to hang out. A good selection at the buffet breakfast (got a kick out of the Texas-shaped pancakes!). Great service while we were there, but it was what happened after we left that left me amazed.
I left two items of clothing in the closet and didn't realize it for a couple of days when I was then in Dallas. I contacted the hotel and was happy to hear they not only had the items, but were willing to send them to my home in Canada. Kathy Meyer took my address information and personally packaged and took my items to UPS-twice. Her kindness and commitment to customer service went way above and beyond any hotel I have ever stayed in!! Thank you Kathy! We will definitely stay at Arbor Inn again!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

We wish the pool was open, too, but we know that you're going to love laying out in the sun when it's ready! Thanks for choosing us during your time in Lubbock, and for singing our praises. I'll be sure to send your regards to my wife--she'll be thrilled to hear from you!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall I loved it! Bed was firm but had a wonderful, soft top. I like a really soft bed and this one was very comfortable. Nice large pillow with a down fill like consistency. Could have used a couple more pillows. Maybe a smaller one thats fluffier. Less decorator pillows and more usable ones. Sheets and comforter were great. Sheets soft and silky! Bathroom size Huge 2 adults and a 5 yr. old got ready together! Towels are soft and large and plentiful. Shower head is too high and I really like a variable stream choice. Tough for the 5 yr old to take a shower because its so high that by the time it gets down to him its too spread out! Room size (king suite) is AMAZING! Kitchen area (full size fridge, microwave, double burners and breakfast bar) are great for family eating or eating in. Ask at front desk for cookware etc. Two televisions (one in living area and one in bedroom) and dvd player for each again perfect for family or just nice for hanging out. Huge windows and a balcony to sit out on. Awesome for that cup of coffee in the morning! There is some hwy noise as the loop is pretty close but it kinda faded away as we enjoyed the view of trees and birds singing etc surrounding the incredible pool area. Will be back when that pool area opens for the summer!!! Choc chip cookies available PM YUM! staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast bar was good. biscuits and gravy especially good!
Will be telling everybody about this place! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Third floor king suite with balcony and view of the gorgeous pool area AWESOME!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Wow! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback, Cathey! It was a pleasure to make all of your feel welcome, but I apologize if it was difficult to get your little one ready. Let us know if there's anything we can do about that for your next visit, but in the meantime, thanks again for your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel on a business trip. Everyone was so courteous and nice. The room was way more than what I pictured. The bathroom was big, the bed was a little bit harder than I like, but I managed. The only minor complaint that I have is the water pressure was a bit low, but again, it wasn't something that would keep me from staying there again. The breakfast was better than I expected. I was just expecting donuts and coffee, but there was a waffle maker, bagels, biscuits, cereal, etc. I was hoping that the pool and jacuzzi was going to be open, but with it still cool during the nighttime I can understand why it's not open until Memorial Day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is travelling to the Lubbock area!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Sorry about that water pressure, Laurie! That's really not like us, but we'll definitely look into it. That aside, it's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we'll have another chance to welcome you back next time you're in Lubbock. Until then, thank you for the fantastic review!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Convenient location on southwest side. Front desk staff were helpful. Even provided me a small pocket comb ( sealed in plastic) when I realized I forgot mine. Tues nights the managers offer 'dinner' ( tends to be pretty basic - fritopie was the offering on the night we were there), and beer/wine between 530-700.

Room was clean and quiet - I was upgraded to a king suite, but if I was going to do it again, I would stick to a standard room. The king bed has only one available wall outlet - which is kind of limiting when you talk working - or web surfing from bed.

Doors close solid but quietly. Mattress was comfortable but not too soft. Bathroom and bed linen were in good shape. I personally feel the pillows could be improved. There was only two for the room I had with the king bed and they were too soft. Best solution to meet 80% of the pillow needs for travelers to offer two pillows of different firmness and ideally, have 4 available per bed ( keep the other two in the closet) - makes finding the best sleeping position a bigger probability.

All carpets were new looking and clean.
Parking is plentyful and good access is available around the premsis. I will also commend the managers for having a scale in the workout room. That is very rare that I have seen.

Some restaurants are in the area but not really walking distance. Head south about 2 miles near the mall to find several more common eating options.

They do offer breakfast but it is also pretty basic. Biscuits, gravy, boiled eggs, bagles, cereal, yogurt and juice.

The biggest shortcoming I (and at least one other person in our business group ) noticed is the shower heads. They are very high up and they have a very thin jet with a wide spray pattern that is not adjustable. Only a limited number of jets contact the body, and the water temp is quite a bit cooler because of the thin jets and high outlet. I suggest replacing the heads with something more updated.

Room Tip: Select something other than a king bed if you need access to an ac outlet, because there is only one...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Jimmy! Although it seems like you really enjoyed most of your stay with us, I'm sorry that our shower headers were a bit too low for your liking. That and the water pressure are not complaints that we receive often, but I will certainly look into this right way. In the meantime, thank you again, and I hope you'll give us another chance to wow you next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staying in a room where I could hear everything in the room next door. It sucked. Complained and the front desk told me in those rooms you can hear everything everyone else says. The people in the room next door were talking normal and watching tv. Because the hotel was booked there was nothing they could do.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I'm surprised to hear that your neighbors kept you awake, David, as we do not receive that complaint often. I wish we could have found you a different room sooner, but I'm glad we were able to upgrade you to a corner Suite for the remainder of your stay at the same rate. Still, I really appreciate your feedback, and I hope that we'll have another chance to welcome you back during your next trip to Lubbock. Until then, thank you once again.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Arbor Inn and Suites, Lubbock, Tx is a great place to stay! Great location, reasonably priced! Rooms are very clean, very roomy, bed very comfortable. Very helpful and friendly staff!! I will certainly be staying again in the future. I Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lubbock!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thanks for recommending us to your friends and family, Lana! We look forward to welcoming you back for another comfy stay next time you're in Lubbock!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Arbor Inn and Suites in Lubbock, TX is the best place to stay in Lubbock! The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly, even going out of their way to help in any way possible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting the Lubbock area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

The best place to stay in Lubbock? Now that's a compliment! Thank you, Marcia, and please let us know if we can do anything to make your next visit even better!