“I tried something different”

Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Julesburg, Colorado
“I tried something different”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I usually stay at the Residence Inn when I'm in Lubbock, Texas. I decided to try this hotel this time. The staff is so friendly and helpful. So is the manager. I'm talking about you Rob! The room is large. It is also well kept and clean. The breakfast is just standard with bagels, bread, juice etc. The hotel is located a few blocks from Loop 289 and about 10-15 minutes from Interstate 27. A Lowe's is located right outside the hotel's parking lot. One big plus was the balcony facing a beautiful pool. Only problem I faced was the WiFi. It kept kicking me off. Overall I had a wonderful stay at the Arbor Inn and Suites Lubbock, Texas. I will stay here again next time I'm in Lubbock.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
So glad you gave us a try! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, Thomas, and to read your kind words, but we're sorry about the WiFi. It usually doesn't act up like that, but we'll check up on it! Thanks, and keep us in mind next time you're in Lubbock!

Rob Meyer, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here only one night. No complaints. The room was clean. The breakfast was OK, I have had better but what do you expect with a continental breakfast right? Would stay here again.Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Sounds like you had a lovely time in Lubbock! Thanks for making us a part of it. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel was very clean and well taken of. The staff is very helpful and extremely friendly. They greet each customer coming and going as well as the Manager Rob. He spoke to us every morning while greeting everyone. I had a problem with my air conditioner ( just the thermostat) it was addressed immediately. They offer free dinner on Tuesday nights with beer and dessert. My company puts us up there each time we report to the Lubbock office. We stayed two weeks and will be returning in a few weeks.

• Stayed April 2014
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Two weeks and already coming back for another stay--we're absolutely flattered! Thank you and your company for making us a part of your time in Lubbock. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make you and your coworkers feel at home!

Nanaimo
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in early April while visiting Lubbock Christian University. Nice hotel, very clean and spacious room. Decent fitness facility, pool wasn't open yet but wish it was..it looked like a great place to hang out. A good selection at the buffet breakfast (got a kick out of the Texas-shaped pancakes!). Great service while we were there, but it was what happened after we left that left me amazed.
I left two items of clothing in the closet and didn't realize it for a couple of days when I was then in Dallas. I contacted the hotel and was happy to hear they not only had the items, but were willing to send them to my home in Canada. Kathy Meyer took my address information and personally packaged and took my items to UPS-twice. Her kindness and commitment to customer service went way above and beyond any hotel I have ever stayed in!! Thank you Kathy! We will definitely stay at Arbor Inn again!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
We wish the pool was open, too, but we know that you're going to love laying out in the sun when it's ready! Thanks for choosing us during your time in Lubbock, and for singing our praises. I'll be sure to send your regards to my wife--she'll be thrilled to hear from you!

Andrews, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall I loved it! Bed was firm but had a wonderful, soft top. I like a really soft bed and this one was very comfortable. Nice large pillow with a down fill like consistency. Could have used a couple more pillows. Maybe a smaller one thats fluffier. Less decorator pillows and more usable ones. Sheets and comforter were great. Sheets soft and silky! Bathroom size Huge 2 adults and a 5 yr. old got ready together! Towels are soft and large and plentiful. Shower head is too high and I really like a variable stream choice. Tough for the 5 yr old to take a shower because its so high that by the time it gets down to him its too spread out! Room size (king suite) is AMAZING! Kitchen area (full size fridge, microwave, double burners and breakfast bar) are great for family eating or eating in. Ask at front desk for cookware etc. Two televisions (one in living area and one in bedroom) and dvd player for each again perfect for family or just nice for hanging out. Huge windows and a balcony to sit out on. Awesome for that cup of coffee in the morning! There is some hwy noise as the loop is pretty close but it kinda faded away as we enjoyed the view of trees and birds singing etc surrounding the incredible pool area. Will be back when that pool area opens for the summer!!! Choc chip cookies available PM YUM! staff was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast bar was good. biscuits and gravy especially good!
Will be telling everybody about this place! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Third floor king suite with balcony and view of the gorgeous pool area AWESOME!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Wow! Thanks so much for your detailed feedback, Cathey! It was a pleasure to make all of your feel welcome, but I apologize if it was difficult to get your little one ready. Let us know if there's anything we can do about that for your next visit, but in the meantime, thanks again for your kind words. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Lindale, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel on a business trip. Everyone was so courteous and nice. The room was way more than what I pictured. The bathroom was big, the bed was a little bit harder than I like, but I managed. The only minor complaint that I have is the water pressure was a bit low, but again, it wasn't something that would keep me from staying there again. The breakfast was better than I expected. I was just expecting donuts and coffee, but there was a waffle maker, bagels, biscuits, cereal, etc. I was hoping that the pool and jacuzzi was going to be open, but with it still cool during the nighttime I can understand why it's not open until Memorial Day. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is travelling to the Lubbock area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Sorry about that water pressure, Laurie! That's really not like us, but we'll definitely look into it. That aside, it's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we'll have another chance to welcome you back next time you're in Lubbock. Until then, thank you for the fantastic review!

South Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Convenient location on southwest side. Front desk staff were helpful. Even provided me a small pocket comb ( sealed in plastic) when I realized I forgot mine. Tues nights the managers offer 'dinner' ( tends to be pretty basic - fritopie was the offering on the night we were there), and beer/wine between 530-700.

Room was clean and quiet - I was upgraded to a king suite, but if I was going to do it again, I would stick to a standard room. The king bed has only one available wall outlet - which is kind of limiting when you talk working - or web surfing from bed.

Doors close solid but quietly. Mattress was comfortable but not too soft. Bathroom and bed linen were in good shape. I personally feel the pillows could be improved. There was only two for the room I had with the king bed and they were too soft. Best solution to meet 80% of the pillow needs for travelers to offer two pillows of different firmness and ideally, have 4 available per bed ( keep the other two in the closet) - makes finding the best sleeping position a bigger probability.

All carpets were new looking and clean.
Parking is plentyful and good access is available around the premsis. I will also commend the managers for having a scale in the workout room. That is very rare that I have seen.

Some restaurants are in the area but not really walking distance. Head south about 2 miles near the mall to find several more common eating options.

They do offer breakfast but it is also pretty basic. Biscuits, gravy, boiled eggs, bagles, cereal, yogurt and juice.

The biggest shortcoming I (and at least one other person in our business group ) noticed is the shower heads. They are very high up and they have a very thin jet with a wide spray pattern that is not adjustable. Only a limited number of jets contact the body, and the water temp is quite a bit cooler because of the thin jets and high outlet. I suggest replacing the heads with something more updated.

Room Tip: Select something other than a king bed if you need access to an ac outlet, because there is only one...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thanks for the detailed feedback, Jimmy! Although it seems like you really enjoyed most of your stay with us, I'm sorry that our shower headers were a bit too low for your liking. That and the water pressure are not complaints that we receive often, but I will certainly look into this right way. In the meantime, thank you again, and I hope you'll give us another chance to wow you next time you're in Lubbock!