“Suite & Unexpected Pleasure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arbor Inn and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Arbor Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Dallas, Texas
“Suite & Unexpected Pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is yet another jewel in the crown of Lubbock TX. The character, quality, tone and atmosphere of Arbor Inn was so unexpected but very noticeable. I loved the iced tea and little cupcakes beautifully arranged to great the guests who would partake. The whole dining area they have going is all very well thought out and very clean. I was welcomed by the managing partner Rob Meyer, verrry handsome gentleman. OH, I had a suite which was wonderful well decorated, very spacious, immaculate, and comfortable. The features come complete with living room seating & desk with a little flat screen on it. Another larger TV further in and facing 2 queen sized beds, a vanity (yes a vanity folks) and a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom was so large I could play ball, seriously. The bed was extremely comfortable, I slept like a baby. My absolute favorite part was the shower head, a hand held but if you didn't want to hold it, place it in it's holder and you can position it by moving it high or low. I llllove a good shower head. The Arbor Inn & Suites is nothing short of sweet and unexpected pleasure. And it's centrally located to everything. I will stay here next time I have business in Lubbock. I'm really starting to love Lubbock.

Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
"Another jewel in the crown of Lubbock TX." What a compliment! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words -- your review really means the world to us. We hope to have you back soon, but in the meantime, let us know if there's anything else we can do to make you feel at home!

Rob Meyer, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was in one of the "suite" rooms for most of my stay. It was spacious, clean, comfortable, quiet, and well-appointed. Due to some flight cancellations, I ended up staying several days longer than planned and the staff were very accommodating of my circumstances.

Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I'm sorry that your flight was canceled, Daniel, but I'm glad we were able to make you feel at home. Thanks for the wonderful review, and keep us in mind next time you're in Lubbock!

Best,
Aransas Pass, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I am so impressed! The room was clean, the linens were clean, the towels were clean!! The rate was very reasonable. The AC worked perfectly. Folks, if you haven't stayed at this little jewel, you should. The staff was pleasant & helpful, and the room had everything I needed. Coffee maker, fridge even a small safe. And everything was operational. I have no regrets and this will be my first choice any time I travel through Lubbock. I just have one request, the staff said this hotel is privately owned. Please, whoever owns it, PLEASE don't sell it, you are doing a marvelous job!!

• Stayed June 2014
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Wow! We couldn't have asked for kinder words. Thank you so much for the fantastic review, and let us know if there's anything else we can do to make you feel at home!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I travel frequently, staying in well more than 50 motels a year in many different nations around the world. We were VERY pleasantly surprised when we stayed three nights at the Arbor Inn and Suites. I have taken up writing these reviews to help fellow travelers, and to help the managers / owners of properties know when they are "hitting the mark" and where they could make some adjustments.

Arrival:
Firstly, first impressions were awesome. Walk into the entry area and prepare to be welcomed by a bright hall, great decorations, and an extremely pleasant team. The reception staff was Top Notch! They had apparently reviewed their arriving reservations and our usually difficult last name, was not an issue. They had our reservation up and we were off to the room within minutes.

Room:
Once again - we opened the door and the room was fresh, clean, very nicely decorated, and the bed was one of the most comfortable that we have had during this year's travels. The bathroom was very clean, nice supply of towels and toiletries, again, way above expectations.

Breakfast:
The breakfast was very nicely arranged in a very roomy area. Assortment of breads, fresh make-yourself waffles, fruit, apple and orange juice, coffee, cereals, fruit, biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, yogurt. Not quite the variety of say "Holiday Inn Express" but still, very adequate and tasty.

Property:
This property is very well maintained. Each of the three days we were there, we observed a facilities maintenance man on constant patrol, cleaning the pool, adjusting doors, fixing faucets, being radio dispatched from the front desk. Not the typical norm for a hotel in this price range.

Hospitality:
This team gets a TOP NOTCH rating here as well. Every staff member, from the front reception team house cleaning, doesn't just smile, but is engaged with visitors. Typically housecleaning staff tend to be very quiet and reserved. We always like to engage staff members during our stays and everyone was just....fantastic! Way to go team!!!

Pool:
Ok...now this is where it gets awesome. Most pools at motels in this price range are mediocre at best. Can't describe it better than just telling you to look at the pictures. We spent a very beautiful night in the pool and hot tub, watching the stars.

Now the crazy thing! In all of our visits around the world, this is the first time we have ever seen this. We came through Tuesday afternoon after a full day and saw signs indicating that there would be an owner's reception in the dining area, serving complimentary dinner, desert, beer, wine, tea, and lemonade. We assumed that it must be a management change or some other special occasion. Then we arrived in our room and saw the notice that this happens EVERY Tuesday! Unbelievable.

This place absolutely gets Best Stay Award for the year in our book for the regular Hotel/Suites property!

Note to management: Way to go team! just a couple of small items. The men's bathroom in the lobby area needed a bit of attention - went a couple days without toiletries and needing cleaned (I restocked it from the lady's restroom) and the business center printer was without ink during our three day stay. This is just to help you guys be the absolute best possible. We will definitely be back if we are in the area!

Room Tip: If you want a special treat, ask for a room / suite with a balcony, overlooking the pool.
1 Thank TDABusinessTravel
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
One of your very best experiences here in Lubbock? Now that's a compliment! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in town -- we'll have a pool chair waiting for you!

Julesburg, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I usually stay at the Residence Inn when I'm in Lubbock, Texas. I decided to try this hotel this time. The staff is so friendly and helpful. So is the manager. I'm talking about you Rob! The room is large. It is also well kept and clean. The breakfast is just standard with bagels, bread, juice etc. The hotel is located a few blocks from Loop 289 and about 10-15 minutes from Interstate 27. A Lowe's is located right outside the hotel's parking lot. One big plus was the balcony facing a beautiful pool. Only problem I faced was the WiFi. It kept kicking me off. Overall I had a wonderful stay at the Arbor Inn and Suites Lubbock, Texas. I will stay here again next time I'm in Lubbock.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
So glad you gave us a try! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, Thomas, and to read your kind words, but we're sorry about the WiFi. It usually doesn't act up like that, but we'll check up on it! Thanks, and keep us in mind next time you're in Lubbock!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed here only one night. No complaints. The room was clean. The breakfast was OK, I have had better but what do you expect with a continental breakfast right? Would stay here again.Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Sounds like you had a lovely time in Lubbock! Thanks for making us a part of it. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel was very clean and well taken of. The staff is very helpful and extremely friendly. They greet each customer coming and going as well as the Manager Rob. He spoke to us every morning while greeting everyone. I had a problem with my air conditioner ( just the thermostat) it was addressed immediately. They offer free dinner on Tuesday nights with beer and dessert. My company puts us up there each time we report to the Lubbock office. We stayed two weeks and will be returning in a few weeks.

• Stayed April 2014
Rob M, Manager at Arbor Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Two weeks and already coming back for another stay--we're absolutely flattered! Thank you and your company for making us a part of your time in Lubbock. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make you and your coworkers feel at home!