“Friendly staff but beware!”

Guesthouse Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #53 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Houston, Texas
“Friendly staff but beware!”
Reviewed 5 September 2006

I reserved a room here for four nights this past weekend. When I arrived the hotel staff was very friendly. They told me about the breakfast hours and were very helpful. I had a great first impression. My first warning sign was how the responded when I told them I had found the hotel on Tripadvisor and that they were rated number four in Lubbock. They were surprised to say the least. My in-laws are all from Lubbock and they were worried about us staying there too.

Anyway, I got out of the elevator, and there was a couple just SCREAMING at each other in the room across from the elevator. I ran down to my room hoping they wouldn't come out as I was in the hall. My mother in law was with me and we got into the room and took a good look around. The place wasn't filthy dirty on the surface, but it looked all stained up, banged up, and musty. It reminded me of what I would imagine a rent by the hour hotel to look like versus what a medical center hotel would be like. In a word- SEEDY.

To the hotels credit- The staff immediately took care of going up to the noisy room and taking care of the problem. They told me they would kick out that couple before they would want to see me go.

I just couldn't stay at that point. I was going to have to stay there two nights by myself and I just didn't feel safe. I ended up at the Townesuites by Marriott. I think it was 80 dollars more for the entire stay. Worth every penny!

Sorry I didn't take any pictures, I just got the heck out of there as fast as I could!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Seedy feel, very worn and weathered accomodations
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here only if you need to stay right by the medical center for a good price.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Stephanie0428

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2006

We had two separate one-night stays here a week apart in mid-July, 2006. We discovered this hotel here on Tripadvisor and were thrilled to find such a nice value. The hotel is a very basic accomodation and most of the guests are patients, or family of patients, visitng the nearby hospitals and clinics. The free wireless Internet worked fine and the staff were nice. The hotel is a few blocks from the hospitals/clinics and Texas Tech campus. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, etc., nearby.

• Liked — Value for price paid
  • Disliked — Very basic accomodation
  • Tips/Secrets — Excellent value and location for Lubbock.
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Garland, TX
Reviewed 14 June 2006

To me, this is the best kept secret in Lubbock! The motel is located in the heart of the medical district and very close to Texas Tech University. It is very clean and the staff is accomodating and friendly. A free continental breakfast is included with your stay. There is no pool but they do have limited covered parking. What impressed me the most is the beds are comfortable and the rooms have a ceiling fan as well as an exhaust fan in the bathroom.
We will definitely stay there the next time we're in Lubbock.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank cowboy6278
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 November 2005

Recently my husband and I stayed at the GuestHouse Inn Hotel in Lubbock, Tx, and want to share our experience with others. My mother-in-law was in Covenant Hospital (2 blocks from the hotel) which made our visiting her a breeze - no driving! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodated us in every way possible. The quietness of the hotel was a big advantage since we were stressed over my mother-in-law's illness and didn't need a lot of noise. We liked the fact that there were so many good restaurants within walking distance (try out "Jazz" - very good food...)and when we were too tired to go out we used the little kitchen area in the room to heat up TV dinners, etc.). For the homey atmosphere, quietness, clean room, and convenience to the hospital, you can't beat the price ($50 a night)! We will definitely stay at the GuestHouse again if the need arises.

• Stayed November 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
colorado springs, co
Reviewed 18 November 2005

I recently spent a week in Lubbock and was thrilled to discover a small, out of the way hotel near Covenant Hospital. The room was spotless, the staff extremely friendly, and there were good restaurants within walking distance. And the price!!!It was $50.00 per night which included a nice continental breakfast. You can't find that anywhere these days. I highly recommend the GUEST HOUSE INN!!

10 Thank nana2two