“I will stay here again.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Amarillo
“I will stay here again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Staff was nice and friendly. Breakfast was good and hot. Decent variety of things to choose from at breakfast. We had no problems checking into our room. Room and bathroom were clean and larger than expected. I will stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Donka79106,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to read that our staff was nice and friendly, and you had a good and hot breakfast. It is always such a pleasure to read that you room was larger than expected, I am glad it was to your liking. Please come back soon and stay with us again, until then, take care.
“Great

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Canadian, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I booked this stay 4 days in advance by calling the hotel directly, and visiting with Landon. I requested a Non-Smoking King on the opposite side of the interstate, and Landon further recommended a room on the top floor, as opposed to the 2nd floor (to avoid overhead noises from rooms above). He provided our room number #323, and I was e-mailed a reservation confirmation.

At check-in, my husband and I were assigned a room on the 2nd floor. Landon was at the Front Desk, and when I questioned why we weren't assigned #323, he informed me that the rooms on the 3rd floor had just been cleaned, and they were not available...???? Oh, well, it was late and I was too tired to argue, so we loaded up our luggage, and entered our room, only to discover it was a Double Queen room!

So, we head back to the front desk, explain that we had a reservation for a King. Landon stated that they were all out of Kings for the night. I produced my printed reservation confirmation once again, and he acknowledged that yes, we did have a confirmation for a King, and not sure what the mix-up was, but repeated that no Kings were available. We were not pleased, and he could tell by our reaction. Landon offered to move us to a "Jacuzzi Suite" with a King at no additional rate. Fantastic!

Although I was assured upon booking that this hotel is 100% non-smoking, I smelled cigarette smoke by the main floor elevators (which is located near the common bathrooms). When I questioned Landon, he assured me the rooms are all non-smoking. That was a relief as I didn't detect any cigarette odor in our room. However, I am extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, so that was another negative first reaction to this hotel.

The Jacuzzi Suite was more of a Handicap-Accessible room, rather than any Suite I've seen; however, we did enjoy soaking in the Jacuzzi in spite of the fact that the bathroom was very poorly designed, i.e., insufficient counter space surrounding the SINGLE sink, not enough slope in the handicap shower to prevent tons of water all over the floor, etc. The design was probably to accommodate a wheelchair, but we were puzzled as to how a person with disabilities would manage to utilize the Jacuzzi tub as no lifts or other special devices were installed near the tub?

Landon was very kind to us, though, and we truly appreciated him going the extra step in accommodating our King bed request!

The complimentary breakfast was nice, and made especially pleasant due to the friendly man who staffed the breakfast items. He was very chipper, efficient in replacing items, and even happily fetched more 2% milk upon my request.

This hotel has easy access on and off the interstate, and is very close to the new Cabela's and Costco stores!

P.S. As a Red Raider alum, I'll probably stay here again during football season - We've Got our Guns UP!! We love you, Kliff!!!

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the interstate and on the 3rd floor to avoid overhead noises!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Jacksthename,
Thank you so much for all your kind words about our hotel and our Guest Service Representative Landon, he really is one amazing guy and will do whatever it takes to make a guest happy. At times we do try to accommodate to all special requests. I do apologize that we had carpet cleaning the night of your stay. The good thing Landon was able to handle everything as best that he could, give the situation. We hope that you do come back and stay with us. Until then, take care.
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night, and then again the following Tuesday. Both stays were great. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast staff was attentive and ready to prepare a waffle or pancakes for you. The pool and hot tub were refreshing and had plenty of clean towels. We were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies and fresh popcorn on the Tuesday night stay. The front desk staff was very helpful providing directions to places we needed for supplies or eating...one even gave me her card and number and told me to call if we got lost. This hotel is conveniently located right off Loop 289. If I ever travel to Lubbock again, this will be the hotel I choose!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear S Carson03,
Thank you for such excellent words on our Quality Inn & Suites, here in Lubbock, Texas. I am so happy that you found my staff friendly & helpful; we are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE. I always feel so good when I see replies like yours, we love that everything went so well for you. I am happy that you enjoyed our freshly baked delicious chocolate chip cookies and our hot popcorn. You can always call Michelle; anytime that you need anything, we will always be here for you and your family. Please take care until we see you again.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice hotel, pleasant staff and real eggs for breakfast. The only negative I can say is that I couldn't get the wifi to work. I would definitely recommend it if you are staying in Lubbock. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked nice. Small, but nice.

Room Tip: None are any better than the others. Maybe ask for one that doesn't face the highway.
      Sleep Quality
Dear JL-TX,
Thank you so much for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I was so glad to read that you found our hotel staff pleasant and you had time to enjoy our delicious hot fresh breakfast. I have addressed the Wi-Fi situation and it has been taken care of. I do hope you are able to come back soon and enjoy our refreshing heated indoor pool and spa. Take care until then.
Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a suite. The hotel was clean and spacious. The staff courteous. The elevator was not working properly, you never knew what floor you would end up on. My complaint.... about 50 miles out of town I received a phone call from the front desk informing me that I had forgotten my phone charger in the room. I asked if they could mail it to my home address and was informed that there would be a $20 - $30 fee for mailing. How ridiculous is that? I won't be staying with them again. Evidently they do not appreciate my business.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wattswan
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Wanda,
Thank you for staying with us when you were in Lubbock, Texas. I am so glad that you found our hotel clean and spacious. I am really sorry about your phone charger, we do charge for a mailing fee and that is up to the post office. If you are ever in the Lubbock area again, please come by and pick up your charger, we will have it here waiting for you. Thank you once again for staying with us and please be safe and take care.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Through a string of odd events, we needed a place to stay, in Lubbock, immediately. My daughter shopped, via Trip Advisor, for a hotel. We initially chose this hotel for the price and amenities. Little did we know what lie ahead. What a wonderful group of people...all of them. Front desk, management, breakfast attendants and housekeeping...all, truly wonderful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Railroad gulch,
Wow!!! Thank you for such for your wonderful words about us. I am so glad that you chose us off Trip Advisor. I am so delighted to read that everything was to your liking. We are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE. We love each and every one of our guests and want them to feel just like family. Please come back and see us again. Take care.
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice hotel for it's class. We only needed a clean place to stay for a nights sleep on our annual trip to Colorado. Very easy check-in and out, friendly staff, good location close to everything. But, one thing you must be aware of is the highway noise is bad because the rooms are not insulated very well for sound. Ask to stay in a room as far away from the highway end as possible.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
danpatel00, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear New Braunfels Traveler,
Thank you so much for staying with us while passing through Lubbock, Texas on your annual trip to Colorado. I am so glad to read that you had an easy check in and check out and that our staff was friendly; we are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE!!! Please come back and stay with us next year and we will put in any room you need. Until we see you again, take care.