Super 8 Lubbock TX
Ranked #33 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Reviewed 24 November 2012

My family of four visited Lubbock to tour Texas Tech and our two nights at the Super 8 Lubbock was very pleasant. The staff was very nice and helpful. My son needed a quiet area to take some practice SAT tests and the front desk allowed him to use their meeting room which was not in use at the time. The breakfast was the typical continental fare with the addition of the cook your own "Texas-shaped" waffels. (Got to love those!) The room had plenty of space. Our family of four appreciated the sink being separate from the tub and toilet which made getting ready in the AM a little easier. It was about a 10 minute drive to the Texas Tech campus.

Room Tip: We were told by the front desk staff that rooms on the 3rd floor are quieter. We were at the end of...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Thank you for your comments about the Super8 on I-27 South in Lubbock, Texas. We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Can not get to the edges of this survey so I did not answer all questions. Did not want to leave bad rating. Josh, Sasha, KT, Marcos all have treated me very well, even going above & beyond if I have ever needed anything. They almost always greet me by name when I first arrive at hotel. I go to Lubbock about once every month. I did not expect that but it makes you feel welcome. The room has a couple of things that need fixed but this young attentive staff definitely does not need fixing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Reviewed 19 November 2012

My daughter and I traveled from San Antonio for a tour of Texas Tech and stayed two nights. Our entire experience was very enjoyable. The room was very nice and comfortable, the staff was polite and the complementary breakfast was great. I will stay there the next time I am in Lubbock.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8lubbock, General Manager at Super 8 Lubbock TX, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Reviewed 19 November 2012

When we checked in on Friday night, we were promised a discounted rate that the cashier couldn't enter into the computer because it required an override. We were assured that if we would check with the manager when we checked out, we would get the discount. Manager refused to honor what employee told us.
We also had an issue with wi-fi. The password we were given didn't work, and the desk clerk couldn't give a reason or a solution. We tried it on more than one device to make sure it wasn't a device malfunction. This is a minor thing, but frustrating at the time.
So while the hotel was pretty nice and very clean, and the continental breakfast was plentiful, we left with a bad feeling about the customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments about the Super8 in Lubbock, Texas. All of your concerns are being addressed with my staff. I take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed 18 November 2012