“Liked the sweet potato pancakes”
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
Ranked #11 of 588 Restaurants in Lubbock
Grapevine, Texas
“Liked the sweet potato pancakes”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

But otherwise not great. It's been there for years. Great photos and memorabilia on the walls. Service was fast and friendly. The coffee was weak and flavorless. Buttermilk pancakes kinda dry. Whipped margarine-- no butter. We'll try another place next time.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Old fashion pancake house”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Good service, interesting pancakes. We ordered sweet potato pancakes to try. They were good. We also orderd eggs and bacon and an omlet. Excellent pancakes the rest was average. Good diner.

1 Thank photosnred
Lubbock, Texas
“Old fashion cafe/diner”
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Fun place of the past. Great food, especially for a weekend breakfast. Very good omlettes and pancakes. Good crowds every weekend so be prepared to wait for a little. It's the kind of place where the servers still call you sweetie and honey!

Lubbock, Texas
“Serving Failure”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I read the reviews on trip advisor and thought this would be a great place to eat. My husband and I were hopeful because the parking lot was packed. I was expecting a diner vibe so the college decor didn't bother me. I honestly don't know how anyone could rate this place so highly, it was terrible. I ordered the huevos rancheros dish: fried eggs w/salsa, fried potatoes, and refried beans. I couldn't even finish mine. I felt obligated to eat about half of it because I felt bad wasting money. My husband had the omelet with sausage and cheese and a hash brown on the side. He said his was just okay. We also shared the chocolate chip pancakes. The food was not even remotely tasty. The fried potatoes were burned. The salsa tasted like picante sauce. The hash browns didn't even look cooked! The hash browns were just white and soggy, they wouldn't even stick together, it was just a mushy pile of grated potatoes. Not crispy at all, just pitiful. The pancakes were also pretty sad considering the name of this restaurant. You would think that a "Pancake House" would deliver the best pancakes you've ever had, but they were far from that. I've made better from a bisquick box. The pancakes were full of crunchy/grainy spots (baking powder I think). Considering we ordered the chocolate chip version, you'd think they would load on the chocolate, but no...they placed about 5 chocolate chips on top...it was laughable. The coffee was also flavorless and weak. Not only was the food bad but we were almost overcharged too. When the waitress brought our bill I noticed the hash browns were priced at $8.99...I couldn't remember the price on the menu and asked the waitress if that was correct. She looked at the bill and said "oops, no that's wrong". I'm glad I caught that mistake. It was bad enough to be served crappy hashbrowns much less be overcharged for them. I don't know how this restaurant even survives much less thrives. If you know and love good food, you wouldn't be calling what Pancake house is serving good food. I dined here to experience a classic Lubbock spot, but I don't want to experience this place ever again.

• Visited January 2014
Sanger, Texas
“not just locals only”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stopped in for breakfast, they made me feel like I was home.

Great service, great food, overall an enjoyable experience.

Seems to be a local gathering, just good southern hospitality. I would go back in a minute.

Visited November 2013