“Highly Recommended!”

Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Phoenix, Arizona
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I just finished a long stay - 5+ months at Value Place in Lubbock. This was the best deal financially for me and I was expecting a dump. Wow, was I wrong! The have very clean and well maintained rooms. And to my amazement, every single staff member was very friendly and courteous. The housekeepers were very nice as well as the maintainance man. If Value Place upper management is reading this, I believe all your staff there need a raise because they were awesome! I highly recommend this hotel for weekly stays or longer. Thank you to the all nice staff at Value Place South for making my stay very enjoyable.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nick G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lubbock,Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I found management to be very professional and the rates are very affordable. The room is very clean, a the staff is very pleasant. I will use Value Place thru out my travels in the United States of America. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: I had a studio with everything I needed for my month stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lubbock South, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again real soon!
houston,tx
Reviewed 23 April 2013

i recently stayed at the Value Plave in Lubbock on the south loop and while i was there the staff made me feel welcomed into the hotel as if i was visiting family in another city. Amanda the guest attendant was very polite helpful and attentive to all my family needs and we spoke to Mark the manager on a daily basis and he kept asking my husband and i if there was anything he could do to improve our stay or was there anything that needed to be addressed in the studio. Overall the expirecnce there was a great one i would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends when visiting Lubbock.. Micheal the Safety officer was so polite even when i called him at 1 am to replace my lost key. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff is so eager to satisfy the guests needs no matter what time of day or night it is...

Room Tip: my husband and i stayed in room 213 and it was great no issues what so ever
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lubbock South, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Value Place works very hard at providing a clean, safe and friendly place for our guests to stay. I hope that you will choose us again if you ever need a place to stay.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 October 2012

If I could give them a negative number I would. The general manager, Mark, insisted that we broke the manual security slide lock. I tried to explain that it was latched and I tried to open the door and it snapped off. He rudely insited it was our fault, charged us $18 to replace it and it was never replaced during our stay. So much for feeling secure in our room.
You also may think "Great! I have a full kitchen to use!" but what they don't tell you is that to use the kitchen--even to get a coffee maker--you have to BUY their cookware and coffee maker for $30--and it is the cheapest cookware on the planet...so painfully cheap and thin you will burn anything you try to cook.
Also, you might think "Hey, all hotels have free wireless internet!"...well, not so fast. Internet is not free...it costs $10 a week and then IT IS NOT WIRELESS...you have to buy a cord from them for $6...and then forget about being in bed with your lap top...you have to sit near the connection in the wall at a rickety desk.
As far as after hours service...there is no desk staff....good luck. I also commend them for having the world's smallest and least absorbent towels. Also, if you want toilet paper that is somewhat more substantial than say AIR I suggest you bring your own....I think one ply would be stretching the truth on what they have to offer...more like .05 ply.
Did I forget to mention that you will be awakened to the sounds of a football stadium being constructed directly BEHIND the hotel and will be choking on the dust from it during your entire stay??? WHOOPS! THEY FORGOT TO MENTION THAT ALSO...FYI construction commences at around 7am, six days a week.
Save yourself the frustration and lack of sleep and stay elsewhere....you have been warned.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MollyBllom
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lubbock South, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Propping the door open with the security latch puts pressure on the latch and will cause it to break. The latch was replaced the day after it was reported broken.
At Value Place, we figure you'd rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. Although as the review stated, if you do want to take advantage of the additional amenities and services we offer—from kitchen cookware to high-speed Internet—they’re available anytime for your convenience for a minimal fee. We sell coffeepots for $29.99 and then they are yours to keep when you check out. Our kitchen packs with service for two are sold for the same price and include: dinner plates, salad plates, cereal bowls, mugs, glasses, spoons, knives and forks along with a can piercer, cooking spoon, slotted turner, non-stick 9 ½ inch skillet, non-stick 1 ½ qt. saucepan, dish cloth, and kitchen towel.
Value Place also has a phone in the lobby with instructions on how to reach our attendant when the office is closed.
Amarillo
Reviewed 21 September 2012

From the moment you arrive at Value Place the warm welcome starts. You have a person the counter greet you and help you get checked in. If you need a tour they are very willing to show you around and meet the staff. Every member of staff is always smiling and special thanks go to Marc and Lavelle who made our stay VERY comfortable. We went to celebrate our daughter's wedding. The value of the hotel was excellent and you can personalize your stay with other options during your stay. We chose the linen service and the internet for our stay and were not disappointed. The manager's presence to maintain high standards was always on show. He spoke to us every day of our stay. Lavelle, Guest Attendant, sorted out restaurants to try and gave directions for them, and if you had a problem she would sort it out with efficiency. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff. The allocation of amenities during the stay was great not having to hunt or finding people putting towels on beds reserving them. I would say this is one of the best hotels we have been to. They were having a major riff with service, but with the new staff and management it is an out of this world experience and we would love to return. Fantastic staff, fantastic hotel so glad we chose this hotel for our holiday and special occasions.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Lubbock South, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
We are delighted to hear you that you had a pleasant stay with us! At Value Place you will always receive an affordable price in a cleaner, safer, simpler, and flexible property. We’re about living better through better value and no matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels!
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 6 June 2008

The room was clean but the hallway smelled musty. The staff was friendly but several of the guests looked shady. It appears that many of the guests are temporary workers around the area and live there in the meantime. Maid service is only once a week and they charge $10 for internet service for a week. The refrigerator is full size so we saved a lot of money by buying snacks and breakfast foods so we wouldn't have to dine out three times a day. Overall, this place is a very basic hotel that doesn't offer anything extra. If you simply need a basic room for a several days or a week then this is it for a good price. It was less expensive for us to pay for an entire week there than for a few days at another hotel.

• Liked — kitchenette
  • Disliked — other guests
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Vago11
Austin, TX
Reviewed 27 June 2007

Value Place appears to be similar to an Extended Stay; in fact the person who checked us in said it was. However, it is NOT. It is apartment-like living, as we soon learned. This means the front desk has limited hours (which is not too big a deal) but, more importantly, that the kitchen in each unit does not have any dishes, pots, etc. Meaning if you are there for a weekend and have not brought your own, you have two options: buy some nearby (we went this route - bought a pot and some paper plates and plastic utensils), or pay them $60 to "rent" them. I chose this hotel because it was slightly closer to where we were going than the Extended Stay in Lubbock and it was about $10-15/night cheaper. So paying $60 to cook would have killed that. We would have left immediately (even though we had already unpacked the car) except they had already charged my credit card (we checked in late at night, but they charged it right before they closed their office at 6 p.m.) The whole reason we stayed there was the cost and the kitchen. We could have stayed much cheaper at a hotel with no kitchen, or paid a little more for the Extended Stay which has very good, basic amenties and service. I don't blame orbitz where we booked - I think this hotel misrepresents itself as a hotel. Any hotel I've ever stayed at with a kitchen provides basic items to use the kitchen - if Value Place is apartment-like, then it should not list itself as a hotel on places like orbitz, expedia, etc., leading people to book it.

On top of this, our room was dirty, and had numerous bugs in it (probably partly due to the dirt - there was food (not crumbs, food) under the bed).

We would never stay at any Value Place again after this experience.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple