“Cool, but weird”

Joyland Amusement Park
Ranked #11 of 53 things to do in Lubbock
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-sized and family-friendly amusement park.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool, but weird”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was deffinetly the strangest amusment park I have ever been to! It was a fairly normal "for kids" park, no rides big enough for me. But my kids loved it, the strange thing was all the Aumish people there. Not that I have anything against any religion or way of life, but it felt pretty culty. But my son had a lot of fun getting to know the young Aumish girls, which is fine with me!

Visited April 2014

Lubbock, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I always take our grandkids here during the summer for a fun time. They enjoy the rides as well as the refreshments that are available. Joyland has been in Lubbock for as long as I can remember. Good clean enjoyable fun!

Visited July 2013
Hobbs, New Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Small park, but plenty of options - including water rides”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our first visit and we have 2 teenagers. We paid for the $20.00 wrist bands for them, while my husband and I paid $5 for general admission since we didn't plan on riding. The rides were typical carnival rides, but the kids loved them (and much cheaper than going to a carnival or fair.) They have some thrill rides, several classics, several for very young children, and 3 great water rides in which you WILL get wet. They have a few video games and skill games, and some snack bars and Dippin' Dots. The staff was nice, and the price was fine - I especially appreciate the option to pay less since we weren't going on the rides. We ended up buying a few single tickets to ride the log ride and sky tram, which were $2 a piece. Our kids had a lot of fun, and we will return.....possibly with our church's youth group. We went Memorial Day weekend and there were no lines. It looked a little run down, but safety wasn't an issue. There is a new ride being added currently. Our big kids rode what they wanted in about 2 hours, which was perfect for us. There are lots of benches and picnic tables around to sit on and get shade under the canopies.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank heisteras
Lubbock, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Needs more...”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Theres plenty of rides for children, there needs to be more adult rides.the zipper,A ferris wheel ect ect.Better games to play and more places to eat. Lubbock is only growing, the oil boom is headed this way lol

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BFxyangl
West Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great family fun!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We took our 3 year old son and went with my in-laws and our 15-year-old niece. We all had a great time. There was plenty of rides for our son to go on and we rode several two or three times. We enjoyed their concession stand too. For months afterward our son would point "the big water slide" out to us whenever we'd drive by and he would say "remember when we went there?" Needless to say, he loved it!

Visited August 2013