“Kim was awesome!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We are staying for the weekend and Kim Zion was so nice and helpful no matter what we needed. Its hard to find someone that was as helpful as her late at night! The hotel was very clean and has many amenities. We will definitely be choosing the hampton again!

Stayed: July 2014
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let Kim know that she helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I havent stayed at Hamton Inn since 95 when Bristol TN gave my 3 reserved rooms away. Last weekend stay for my son's wedding was great, the staff went above and beyond, especially Kim. I will start using Hamton again after this experience, but I dout it will be the same without the same staff at every location

1  Thank Earl S
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Hampton June 28 for 1 night. Check in was great, pleasant staff. Entered our room to the strongest "heavy floral" smell we've ever encountered in a hotel room. It was extremely hard to breathe. As we started to settle in, I pulled back the duvet cover to check the sheets. I'm a germ freak! To my surprise, there were no sheets on the bed. Funny thing - in the elevator there are several signs stating "sheets and duvet's are cleaned and changed for every guest". I called the front desk to inquired as to why we had no sheets. The lady laughed when I asked if there was a reason the sheets were missing. She did come up immediately to make our bed. I asked about the smell, if it was in every room. She responded with a rude "YES", it's something they spray in every room! When I explained I have allergy issues she asked if I noted that on my reservation. My husband and I travel extensively and I have NEVER had this issue. My question is, if the smell is so strong, what are they covering up? I didn't sleep a wink from trying to cover my face with wet wash cloths, sheet, pillow, anything I could find. Guess I learned my lesson to note ALL reservations. We would have changed locations but, the triathlon had all hotels sold out. Breakfast is powdered eggs, frozen fruit - tasted like it had been frozen and thawed several times, nothing for anyone wanting to eat healthy. We will not stay at this location when we return in July and will most definitely ALWAYS make note of allergies going forward.

1  Thank JAT1980

An un-happy customer is rare and we take your feedback very seriously. Please accept our deepest apology for your unfortunate experience. Because of valued feedback we are able to improve and serve all of our customers better.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

stayed here for the 70.3 Buffalo Springs Half IronMan in June 14. Even before arrival Jennifer and Kim took perfectly care of us. Making sure the room was securely booked, arranging for our transport to the race place (Lake Buffalo Springs, ~20 minutes away from Hotel), ... the staff even VOLUNTEERED (!!!!) to pick up another friend with his bike at a DIFFERENT hotel! We were blown away. Triathletes always have 'special' wishes, predominantly towards breakfast (time of day and content) and stuff .. NOTHING seemed to be an issue. They even made sure we had fresh, icecold bottled water upon leaving the hotel around 4:15am on race day! On top of that: rooms were clean and nice and big and SERVICE was amazing! Also make sure to say hi to the manager Christina! The driver, Joel, was friendly and fresh at the crack of dawn ... We'll be back!! Thanks to the team here!

Room Tip: rooms seemed all to be well kept and ncie
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rolf H

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let Jennifer, Kim, and Joel know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff went out of their way to find last minute rooms for two families on a family vacation. We had beautiful, clean rooms! They worked with us to get us a good rate. The hotel is on a quiet location with quick access to major highways and restaurants. Breakfast was ample, delicious, and happily delivered. We had lost our long standing reservation at another hotel as a result of overbooking, and after a 10 hour drive, were frustrated that we needed to go search for another place at 8:00 at night. The young man at the desk went out of his way to accommodate us, even getting us rooms next to each other. I would return to this hotel anytime and recommend it to everyone. One last thing, we were pulling a little trailer. This hotel has pull through parking, which made a huge difference for us.

Stayed: June 2014
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was great and the staff went above and beyond. We were on a a family vacation and they were able to get us in without a reservation. The rooms were clean a spacious. Breafkast the following morning was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let the staff know that they helped make your trip great!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for 3 nights while traveling for work in Lubbock. Very nice hotel, definitely what you come to expect from Hampton Inn. I am afraid I have forgotten his name, but they gentleman on the afternoon/early evening shift is one of the nicest hotel staff I have encountered. As an example, after a very long, arduous workday, my coworker was disappointed to find that they were out of cookies. The employee offered to make more, even though I am sure it was past the time for cookies. Not only did he make them, he held several back to give to my coworker. As simple as this is, it made a big difference to her. The breakfasts were fresh and variety each morning. They had fruit available all day, which made a nice snack in the evening.
The only disappointment I had during my stay was the very small workout area. They do have an indoor pool, which is nice. However, they have one treadmill for use for 3 stories of guests. Two days I was unable to workout, as there was always someone using it. I tried over 2-3 hours and even joked with one guy that we were running down to try and catch it available. I am not sure where they could add an additional treadmill in the space they have, but i know it would make a lot of visitors happy.
Location was great, close to restaurants and the Loop for easy access to Texas Tech and the airport.
I would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CGANDHI23, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lubbock Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so your most recent stay and thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I understand you have a choice of hotel when here in Lubbock for business and I truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to accommodate you. I'm ecstatic to know my team helped make your stay great, you'll definitely find that every time you come.

I do apologize that you weren't able to work out the days you were here, due to the fitness center always being occupied. Unfortunately, we don't have the square footage to add another equipment, but we do offer complimentary gym passes to our local gym that is less than five minutes from the hotel. We would love to drop you off and pick you back up, just for the inconvenience of leaving the hotel. We option is available for all of our guests.

If there's anything I could do to help make your stay better next time please don't hesitate to let me know.

We hope to see you soon, safe travels.