“Great Service, Great Location”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Service, Great Location”
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza in early March for a family reunion. The staff was awsome. The front desk people went out of their way to make sure our stay great. Our family reunion was so nice because this place is so nice. The atrium is spectacular. It is filled with all sorts of tropical plants and the fountain was beautiful. The space is huge so there is room for everybody to have their own space and not feel crowded by other guests. The bar area was nice and cozy and not too loud. I had an omlette in the Cafe that was delicious. Over all I would recommend this hotel for good service, clean rooms and great location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank texaschik
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. I am excited to hear that your family used our facilities for the reunion. We hope to continue to be a part of your family tradition.

Kristin Murray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
south carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2010

The room was very large and clean, however the bathroom needs to be remodeled. The caulk is old and it is a bit dingy. To be fair to the hotel, we did not see the courtyard or use any of the extras (pool, restaurant, exercise room), so they may have been quite nice. The staff was polite, and the location is pretty good. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We appreciate your feed back. I hope the next time you are in Lubbock you will get the opportunity to stay with us and experience our indoor pool and atrium area.

New York
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel while driving cross country in Nov 2009. Texas is a huge state, so we had no choice but to spend a night in Lubbock. We arrived late at night, and our check in was quick and easy. The girl who checked us in was cheerful and helpful.
We were given a room on the inside of the second level. No elevators, so we had to drag our luggage up the stairs. The hotel itself could use a little updating. Our room was large, clean and basic - just what we wanted for an overnight stay. You need your room key to access the inside level, which is always a plus in terms of safety. They also had free internet in the rooms. I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a comfortable night's rest.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
KristinMurray, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey. We hope the next time your travel plans bring you to West Texas you will once again select the Holiday Inn Park Plaza for your lodging needs.

Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 19 January 2010

This was the 2nd stay at this date. The rooms are huge, clean, and I love the covered courtyard. I didn't eat in the attached restaurant, but my room had a microwave and I made my own food. The staff was very friendly, and there was cable and wi-fi. I liked having a covered courtyard for visiting with others or swimming in the pool. My only suggestion to the owners would be to have the pool closed to youths earlier; they tend to be a bit noisy for guests after 9, and they run around yelling a lot. Other than that, I love this place, and won't stay anywhere else when I'm in lubbock. Three of our times we made our reservations online, and once by phone as we were driving into town.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynnsdaughter
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey! We appreciate your feedback and your business. We hope to see you on your next trip to Lubbock.

New Mexico
Reviewed 18 December 2009

They serve a great breakfast buffet, reasonable. Service and quality of the rooms was above average. Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to shopping and restaurants. Large rooms. Beautiful open meeting area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandy J
KristinMurray, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We appreciate your business. We strive to make sure all of our guests receive amazing customer service and comfortable accommodations. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Do not book this hotel online! It will give you a price for a two night stay and after you give your credit card number and complete the transaction it doubles your price for the second night. I called the manager to complain and she said it was beyond her control and that she would look into it and get back to me. Of course she never did. i am being forced to pay double the price I was quoted without any recourse other than to write this review and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am a Trust Officer for a major bank and if I treated my customers this way I would not have a job! I will never stay here or at any Holiday Inn again. i would rather sleep in my truck!

Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
KristinMurray, Property Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2009
I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. We strive to take care of all of our guests and make sure any questions and concerns are answered in timely manner. I am new to the Hotel and would love the opportunity to discuss this situation with you so I can ensure that you do not have this problem in the future. I look forward to speaking with you.

Property Manager

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2009

After reading the reviews on this hotel I was reluctant. After staying there, I have to wonder what people are talking about. I stayed for two nights at the Holiday Inn Park Plaza. On check in, I was given the room I wanted and was right next to the indoor pool. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. The common areas were immaculately clean and the inside gardens were well taken care of. The only problem I had was that my key card quit working. One of the people working there saw me having problems, let me in the room, took my key to the front desk and returned it to me. What service! I had a great stay there!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Parrothead2615
Thank you for your kind comments and we appreciate you taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor comment. I hope as your travels bring you back to Lubbock that you will continue to select the Holiday Inn Park Plaza for your lodging needs.

Property Manager