“An Older, Reasonably Priced La Quinta Inn”

La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center
Ranked #50 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This is an older La Quinta Inn located near the downtown area of Lubbock. All rooms are accessed from the outside (have outside entrances) via the parking lot. The Inn does not contain any inner hallways/corridors making trips to the office, breakfast area... longer and less convenient.

Our room was satisfactory. The room and its contents were dated, but worked correctly and provided for a restful night. The bathroom was smaller, divided into two sections, and had dated fixtures. Even an older bathroom such as this one would have benefitted from a
thorough cleaning on a regular basis.

The Inn's Bright Side Breakfast was limited and served in a small dining area that required some diners (my wife and I) to find a table in the hallway near to the dining room and an outside exit. My wife and I have had breakfast at multiple La Quinta Inn's during the past year. We found this Inn's breakfast to be limited and inadequately staffed, I would rate it as "Below Average" when comparing it to other breakfasts at La Quinta Inns.

In spite of the weaknesses described above, the room provided us a comfortable night's stay and a limited, but satisfactory breakfast. At about $75.00 per night for a room with a king-sized bed and including breakfast, I considered our room to be reasonably priced. Certainly, it is an option for travelers willing to take an older, reasonably priced room with fewer updates/amenities to consider.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Wi-fi was terrible for me and no hot water for a shower. Nothing more to say.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was the 2nd La Quinta stop on our road trip home to Portland with our kitty. It did not compare well to our first experience in Waco. The rooms have outside access which made it noisy and scarey for our cat. This is a fairly rundown property in need of updating. It's old and shabby, but at least the bed was clean and comfortable. The price is reflective of the condition. And the outside entrance on the first floor made it easy to get our cat out of the car and into the room. There is a Denny's across the parking lot which is convenient and a Walgreen's and Walmart across the street if you need anything. It was easy to get back on the freeway (which we anxious to do!)

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed at this La Quinta overnight prior to a car trip with my daughter who is a student at TTU. This is an older property, but is kept in very good shape! I arrived a little after 3, and wasn't able to get in my room immediately because the door lock was being repaired-which it was. New bed and bedding, new towels, very large room. I had a room at the back of the property, and the wifi was not good at all. I also had a toilet that ran every 15 minutes, but a closed bathroom door masked that sound sufficiently. The flat screen tv was a nice upgrade from other properties I've stayed at this summer. The breakfast area was very small for the size of the hotel, and tables weren't cleaned as quickly as I would have liked, but the breakfast selection was standard and plentiful-cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, apples, bread/toaster, texas-shaped waffle irons. It was a good value for the money, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back in the summer-that's the East side of the property, and cooler and qu...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We stayed a night on our way to New Mexico. It was value for money for an overnight stay. I don't think I would have wanted to stay longer than a night or two because it was just your basic type motel. The room we got was clean and comfortable. Great location, Walmart and restaurants across the street. They even provided complimentary breakfast which had a decent assortment of food. The Holiday Inn across the street did not provide complimentary breakfast. The only down side during our stay is that we were there when there were a lot of Spring-breakers so it was busy and at times got rather noisy. Apart from that, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2011

When I booked this room, I was told that it was a 2 1/2 star, which I didn't think was possible given the age of this motel. I expected to find it dirty and and run down. What a pleasant surprise to find freshly painted walls, new tub and fixtures and VERY comfortable beds. The only minor complaints I have were that the pillows seemed old and flat and I found some hairs in the bathtub. This motel is located close to downtown, which isn't close to shopping, but it was a good value, and it doesn't take long to drive across town to the mall via the new expressway. I will definitely be staying here more often!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank aspenglade22
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Stayed one night, October 29, 2010 in Room 163, rate of $66.60. Overnight stay on a trip from NM back to south Texas. This is an old property. Has been updated. Not up to La Quinta standards but is acceptable. Outside entrance, old style TV's. Internet works good and is free. Did not use the breakfast bar. Arrived early evening and left early morning. Good valve for over night stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple