“Good On Many Levels”

La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center
Ranked #50 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Staff were helpful, cheerful and efficient room was clean. Location is ideal with restaurants and fast food nearby, shopping center across the street as well as a pharmacy. Additionally the location is near the interstate as well on major city street...I felt as though I had it all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Lubbock - Downtown Civic Center

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel has many nice features. It has convenient access to major roads. There are multiple restaurants nearby, including several within walking distance. The room was clean. The internet was not as fast as at other La Quinta's but other than that, it was very similar to all my stays at La Quinta's across the state. There are other La Quinta's in Lubbock, and I am sure there are more luxurious hotels in town as well. One of my major concerns was cost and it was nice to have an option in the Lubbock area and still know I would get great La Quinta service. Our stay was worth the price paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Clean rooms with small shower but very adequate. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is adequate. I have stayed several times in this hotel which is close and TTU. It is also close to restuarants and Walgrens and Walmart. Also Denny's nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We first were placed in a room with a non-working TV. Then, they switched us to a room with a flooded bathroom floor. At first, we thought the floor was wet from mopping since the cleaning lady just left the room. We dried the floor with towels and some minutes later we went back to the bathroom to notice the floor was wet again! This happened all night. We pretty much covered the entire bathroom floor with towels since the floor kept flooding. The water seemed to come from in between the tiles, not the toilet. But, who knows.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

An older location, but okay. Internet was very weak and not acceptable for my work needs. Be careful if this is a working trip needing communications. Rest of services were okay and great location for those going to Texas Tech.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a good hotel for the price. I enjoy it for business travel when I have my little dog along as they are pet friendly.

The are located right next to a Denny's and other than that the only food directly available is fast food. Located right across the street from a Walmart which is convenient.

Rooms are clean and the hotel outside is as clean as can be expected with the west Texas winds.

I like the price at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at LaQuinta in Lubbock, Tx because my daughter had an audition at Texas Tech music program and campus tour. Staight to the problems. 1. First room we were given was clean except when my daughter went to use the restroom if was clogged with somebodies bowel movement. 2. The room we stayed in for 2 days reeked of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. 3. I got charged twice for my room, on my debit card, when I specifically gave them a Credit Card when I was told about the 14 day debit policy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family