“Excellent hotel location and superior customer service and all hotel staff.”

Studio 6 Lubbock TX
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
California
“Excellent hotel location and superior customer service and all hotel staff.”
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I would just like to take this time and recognize this hotel and their entire staff. I am here along with my other Corporate team members. There are three of Us that have been here since Feb. 23rd and this hotel has made Us feel like we are home. The rooms are very clean and the entire staff are some of the friendliest staff that I have met. They are very attentive to all of the guests needs.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Allow me this opportunity to sincerely say thanks for the hospitality
received from the Management staff, Kawaina Scott and General Manager, Mr Scott.
Ms Kawaina, truly believes and exhibits QUALITY SERVICE to her clients at RESIDENCE INN,
This management team holds the HIGHEST SUPERIOR customer service I have received as I travel from city to city.This location is the best I have seen in a long time!! Congratulations.

I would like to SALUTE employee, Mr JOE, a young college student who works there. His HONESTY!!!!!!! and dedication to the residents personal items.
I was on the road driving back to Dallas approximately 30 minutes out, and did not realized I lefted my ipad at the property. JOE found my ipad in the room and immediately informed the management team. His compassion and honesty to get this to me was a top priority as an employee. He is a fine example of a Christ like gentleman, doing the right thing when others will not. HATS OFF TO YOU JOE!!!! give him a RAISE.
totally impress with the awesome employees.

Phyllis Hayden
Transitional Woman Bouitque
1409 S Lamar (212)
Dallas 75215

Room Tip: corner rooms nice view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank phyllis h
Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We found ourselves needing to book an additional night in Lubbock and the hotel where we had spent our first two nights could not accommodate us. We found the Residence Inn and were so glad we did! Although the Inn is set up for longer-term stays, the price was certainly competitive for a one-night stay. My husband enjoyed the manager's reception in the early evening, where heavy hors d'oeuvres are served in addition to beer and wine. (The night we were there, they served beans and cornbread.) In addition, a substantial breakfast was served, and it included a nice array of hot and cold foods. The morning we ate, the temperature had plunged below 30 degrees, so a steaming vat of oatmeal was actually a welcome sight! With that came dishes of two kinds of nuts, raisins, and brown sugar. There were fresh-baked pastries (not the cellophane wrapped ones), as well, and eggs (omelets, actually), waffles, fresh fruit, cold cereal, juices...
Our room was updated and huge. There was easy internet access (wifi) as well as multiple lamps with outlets for phones, etc. We had a king bed with adjoining bath, which was CLEAN. It had a long vanity with a sink on one end, so there was plenty of room to place toiletry bags. In addition, we had lots of towels.
While staying in Lubbock, I managed to lose an earring, so took the bed apart and looked under and behind nearly everything in the room. While I never found my earring, I did note that the room was clean, with no evidence of previous visitors lurking in dark places.
There is a nicely appointed kitchen with stainless appliances and a small table that can be used interchangeably for work or dining (with outlets). It had upper and lower cabinets, all in a light maple finish with frosted doors on the upper cabinets. There were dishes, silverware, oven ware, a toaster... all in the kitchen. The stove/oven was regular size with four burners. If one wanted, one could cook a full meal here.
I think what stood out to me was the personnel. We spoke at length with Scott, the manager, and told him how impressed we were with the breakfast. He introduced us to Darnette, who managed the dining area, and made sure we were well-fed. Scott told us if we liked the food selection this time, come back soon, as they were switching food vendors, and it would be even better next time!
Everyone seemed to be cheerful here, and they wanted to make sure we were happy and comfortable. While we were eating breakfast, some of the crew were washing windows. This is not a task I enjoy at all, but these employees were having fun with the job and with each other. It was nice to see the camaraderie.
We walked by an outdoor pool (too cold when we were there) and a small tennis court with a basketball hoop on one end. There is also a fitness room open 24 hours/day, so one has any number of ways to keep fit and have fun -- both indoor and outdoor.
One of Lubbock's famous steak houses is right next door, The Fifty Yard Line. And there are other nearby restaurants, as well.
The one problem we had was with the room keys. One of them didn't seem to work, but it was difficult to maneuver them, even with a working one. There was a plastic, self-closing cover over the slot in the door, requiring one to lift up the cover with one hand while inserting the key with the other. This two-handed approach can be annoying when luggage is involved, as it requires putting everything down before gaining entrance to the room. I am going to guess that the plastic cover is to keep the dust out of the lock system (blowing wind and dust is ever-present in Lubbock!), so I think there would be different issues without the covers. Lock covers are probably a necessary evil in that environment.
All in all, we were very pleasantly surprised. Another reviewer had mentioned that the outside looks older, and it does. But don't let that first look deter you from staying. If you want updated, clean facilities with a better-than-average food selection, and personnel that care about your comfort, this is the place. One night or long-term, The Residence Inn Marriott is worth a stop.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda E
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My family and I stayed here while traveling through Lubbock. The beds were comfy though the room and bathroom seemed a little dated. It's located right off the loop which makes it easier when traveling....also located by a few steakhouses. It was nice to have a kitchen :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KK_South
Carlsbad, NM
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We've stayed at the Residence inn at least five times in past ten years. At our most recent stay, we were not impressed with the way the room key reader repeatedly had problems ( 5 different cards), and the front desk didn't seem to care how much it was disrupting our stay ( numerous trips to get new cards). They need to be replaced.

I never thought this would be a complaint of mine, but the shower has way too much pressure. It adds way more water than can be drained, and within a minute you're standing in a few inches of water.

The beds are very hard, and seem cheap. We don't remember ever having slept on such a dismal mattress. The couch is also very stiff and uncomfortable.

Only good part is that it is very clean. other than that, The place is slipping, and is not holding up to Marriott standards. Breakfast is "free" but you'll pay for it later.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Lubbock hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 November 2012

When i first drove up, i thought, oh no, this is an OLD Residence Inn. I found i was pleasantly surprised that the inside lobby and the rooms have all been remodeled and are clean and spacious. Nice facility.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JulianaLowe
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Had a first floor room. Plenty of room. Felt like a nice apartment, with living area and kitchen. Quiet building, free afternoon happy hour and decent free breakfast. Good value, location on South end of highway 289. Stayed here years ago and it's been updated. Good hotel option, especially for biz travelers, couples and families

• Stayed October 2012