“Staff are the reason to stay”

Studio 6 Lubbock TX
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Reno, Nevada
“Staff are the reason to stay”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Overall, the expected quality of a Residence Inn in space and function. But honestly, the staff went "above and beyond". I came in tired after two 18 hour days of travel and work, just to crash for the night. The person that oversaw all the coffee, food, meals greeted me as if she knew me, and offered to get me coffee while I checked in. When I stopped for a glass of wine that evening, I was greeted with "so glad you came back, please jump in and serve yourself".
This person really made the difference for me. Genuine, caring, and a pleasure to have.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This motel is excellent place to stay all of the employees are very respectful especially Trena she has been very helpful during our stay. You could not ask for a better place to stay. Excellent General Manager Scott. They have the BEST breakfast Bar, Rhonda, that girl can cook. And the maintence man Joe always very helpful. The rooms are nice, clean and well kept. Location is excellant, just moments away from shopping, entertainment, and across the walk from dinning! COME SEE!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of the old style Residence Inns with mult buildings.

The staff were very helpful and went out of their way to be helpful. Too bad they saddled with this ageing property. The furniture was beat up. The door was so hard to open I went to the desk to get a new key and then discovered the door frame had been repainted so many times it made door/frame too tight to open easily. Housekeeping was average This property for a major overhaul. Probably won't return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KCMA79
Blanco, TX
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed here recently for a weekend and had a mixed experience. (A short stay for this type of hotel because my family is Marriott Rewards members and prefer Marriott properties.) When we arrived, the woman working the desk was very friendly and upgraded both of our rooms. The next day, the man working the desk was also very friendly and apologized profusely that I had to wait for him to come up to the front from the office. So, the staff seems great.

However, I had a huge issue with the fact that in one of my bathrooms, there was a large blood stain on the floor in front of the vanity. This was not red wine, cranberry juice, red Gatorade, etc. It was definitely blood. There was a circle on the carpet where someone had obviously tried to clean it, to no avail. Since I had another bedroom, I just used that one and left a note for housekeeping.

However, when I arrived back at my room Saturday night after being gone all day, no housekeeping had been done on my room at all. I made sure I hadn't left the "Do Not Disturb" on the door. I hadn't. Luckily I had that other bathroom to get dry towels and more shampoo and conditioner, and I'd only used one of my coffee packs.

As another reviewer mentioned, the furniture could also use some upgrades. The "wooden" items are definitely particle board, and every piece in my room had chunks missing from damage. The TV in the upstairs bedroom (with the blood stain) was also broken and permanently leaned to one side.

If the staff hadn't been friendly and the outside of the property well maintained, I wouldn't have rated this as high as Average. The issues I experienced can be fixed and hopefully will.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in buildings 6 - 10 for something quieter. 3 and 5 are near the Loop and although not...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Whenever I come to Lubbock, TX, even if other hotels offer presidential suites accomodation to me or my family, we always want to remain loyal, and stay at the Marriott Residence Inn; because of the genuine heartfelt kindness of your GM Mr. Scott Tareski. His staff, whether they are front desk, housekeeping, kitchen or maintenance department are always warm, friendly and superb in their treatments of your guest. They make us feel like we are royalty to the point that we are embarrassed to accept their sincere gestures.
Again, you have a great general manager and staff at this Lubbock location that corporate Marriott would be wise to duplicate. Thank you for making our travels memorable, we are very grateful.

Room Tip: Choose a room away fron the main freeway or roads.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My company is working on a large project in Lubbock over the next year & after a price crisis with another hotel I called the Residence Inn with fingers crossed that they would be able to help several of our employees. Boy did they! Not only did Scott Tareski (the GM of this hotel) get us rooms for the employees who were having the problem(s) he was able to get rooms for all my employees & NOT hike up his rates. He & his staff are pleasant when our employees come in & if there is EVER a problem they are sure to look into it & make corrections if needed. I always get a call back if I leave a message & my employees all love the staff. I have worked in the hotel industry and know how hard it is to keep a guest happy, but I can tell you that this GM & his staff have done just that. We will be giving him any business we can in the future. Great job Residence Inn Staff…you all are AWESOME!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The people that work here could not be more helpful. I was spending a week here while helping with family and grandbabies. The first day they used some cleaning supplies that were over powering. My husband called the desk and 3 people came to check out what the smell was, how they could eliminate it and for the rest of the week I never had the problem again.

The rooms are getting a little worn - the paint job is not the best. The shower caulking could stand to be updated, but the bed was clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again, in fact, next month, as I come back to visit family. So I would recommend.

I did not partake in their happy hour or light dinner served so I cannot comment on that, only that it is nice that they are offering it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family